Page 102 of 126 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 1889

Maybe his "lesson" will be to not put it all on his own shoulders. He's part of a family. Do the superhero thing yourself but get the support from your family that you (and the family) needs. Just like the rest of his life (e.g., his kids and MJ can't take photos for him but provide him the support, etc. that lets him focus on his job successfully).

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Astroman View Post
    Maybe his "lesson" will be to not put it all on his own shoulders. He's part of a family. Do the superhero thing yourself but get the support from your family that you (and the family) needs. Just like the rest of his life (e.g., his kids and MJ can't take photos for him but provide him the support, etc. that lets him focus on his job successfully).
    A lesson damn near every version of Spider-Man/Peter Parker could stand to learn, at this point.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Astroman View Post
    I think we see that a little in how May helped him feel better after he got his beatdown from Shocker, though I feel like support from his family can only go so far too.

Fantastic Member

As an adult, you can also discern things differently than a child can. So I think it would be kinda boring to have the lesson be applied the same way, through a tragic death because Peter was irresponsible.

Especially because this universe is filled to the brim with reasons why someone who can stand up for what's right should.

I'm hoping that learning the depth of the Makers influence and corruption of the world, the scale of the lies and deceit the Ultimate Illuminati have put to work on the world, and callous and evil way they instigated the terror attack that killed Aunt May prove to be enough of a catalyst that this Peter comes to understand rhe stakes of being a superhero hero in this world.

I'd like that much more than just repeating the Uncle Ben situation with a different and unexpected character.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I do feel like there's a chance someone will bite it to really cement to Peter how serious this is.

I don't want to say he's treating it like a game right now but I don't think the full gravity of what it means to be Spider-Man has hit him yet.
    I'm thinking Uncle Ben shouldn't be making long-term plans.

He made it four issues in the first iteration of Ultimate Spider-Man.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Coop View Post
    As an adult, you can also discern things differently than a child can. So I think it would be kinda boring to have the lesson be applied the same way, through a tragic death because Peter was irresponsible.

Especially because this universe is filled to the brim with reasons why someone who can stand up for what's right should.

I'm hoping that learning the depth of the Makers influence and corruption of the world, the scale of the lies and deceit the Ultimate Illuminati have put to work on the world, and callous and evil way they instigated the terror attack that killed Aunt May prove to be enough of a catalyst that this Peter comes to understand rhe stakes of being a superhero hero in this world.

I'd like that much more than just repeating the Uncle Ben situation with a different and unexpected character.
    That would be very compelling, the way you put it. Especially the part with Aunt May dying directly because of the Maker's Council's corruption and evil.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Honestly I feel like they could capitalize on the sense of loss of Aunt May a bit more. Other than the funeral it feels like it wasn't really all that relevant.

Incredible Member StarSpangledMan's Avatar

Honestly I feel like they could capitalize on the sense of loss of Aunt May a bit more. Other than the funeral it feels like it wasn't really all that relevant.
    Maybe it'll all come out at an emotional climax or if/when Peter reaches a breaking point.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by StarSpangledMan View Post
    Maybe it'll all come out at an emotional climax or if/when Peter reaches a breaking point.
    It is only issue 2. I can't really think of scenes I would have dropped for more stuff around Aunt May

And her death was part of what emboldened Uncle Ben to quit his job and we have Peter and JJJ worried about him. Plus the investigation JJJ and Ben are doing could lead them to discovering and revealing how her death was part of a global conspiracy. So it's definitely woven into the story and available to be pulled to the forefront.

We'll see how it plays out, but I think Hickman has made the right calls on what to prioritize.

I do desperately want to spend more time with MJ though. And MJ/Peter. I am hoping she is let in on the secret imminently

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Ultimate Spider-Man #1 is going to a 4th Printing! No cover has been released yet.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Ultimate Spider-Man #1 is going to a 4th Printing! No cover has been released yet.
    This is an Ultimate Spider-Man industry.

(Here is the proof: https://prhcomics.com/book/?isbn=75960620796100114 )

It is only issue 2. I can't really think of scenes I would have dropped for more stuff around Aunt May

And her death was part of what emboldened Uncle Ben to quit his job and we have Peter and JJJ worried about him. Plus the investigation JJJ and Ben are doing could lead them to discovering and revealing how her death was part of a global conspiracy. So it's definitely woven into the story and available to be pulled to the forefront.

We'll see how it plays out, but I think Hickman has made the right calls on what to prioritize.

I do desperately want to spend more time with MJ though. And MJ/Peter. I am hoping she is let in on the secret imminently
    The way Hickman's written Ben so far it feels like he would have jumped ship the moment the Kingpin got involved.

I think it's weird how they're handling MJ. I mean, setting aside what her job is, it's really unclear how much Peter has actually told her.

The way Hickman's written Ben so far it feels like he would have jumped ship the moment the Kingpin got involved.

I think it's weird how they're handling MJ. I mean, setting aside what her job is, it's really unclear how much Peter has actually told her.
    its very clear that he didnt tell her
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    its very clear that he didnt tell her
    Not sure if that's what Frontier meant by being unclear, but it is definitely clear that MJ has not been told anything about the spider stuff - they spend a panel where he tells May not to tell MJ or Richard.

Gotta remember this Peter didn’t go to live with his aunt and uncle until he was 15. He actually knew and grew up with his parents, it’s very possible that while he loved Aunt May, his emotional connection to her isn’t as strong as the 616 Peter who views Aunt May as his mom. In that light I don’t think it’s too much a stretch to say that he mourned her death but has made peace with it by the time of the memorial.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/