Page 76 of 126 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1889
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Spiderman/c..._mary_jane_mj/

Check out this Tyler Kirkham variant homage to Amazing 609.
    Cue the singing!

“I saw Mommy kissing Spider-Man
    Underneath his mask of red and blue…”
    Last edited by TinkerSpider; 01-06-2024 at 01:42 PM.
    “I always figured if I were a superhero, there’s no way on God's earth that I'm gonna pal around with some teenager."

— Stan Lee

Spoilers are out there so be careful if you're trying to avoid them.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Thanks for the heads-up. You'd think people would be a little more patient, but I suppose I can't entirely blame them after the drought of good or decent Peter Parker-related content over the last year or two.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

It's nice to want to avoid them for a change. Haven't felt that in awhile.
    Join the "Spider-Fam" Community! - Celebrating Love and Advocating for Our Hero to Beat the Devil! - https://discord.gg/VQ2mHzBBFu

Spectacular Member 9AlphaOmega1's Avatar

This could be good thing people are looking forward to it and want to share or jerks who like to spoiled and wants to be first.

Incredible Member

Could you please point me in the right direction?

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post
    Could you please point me in the right direction?
    Wednesday is almost here.

This comic is going to sell well isn’t it ?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Of course the first issue is going to hit strong and the series should do well in the short term.

The question is on the longevity of the series. It's going to have to be a consistently good series to justify the price point.

All-New Member

The first issue has 28 different covers - I should hope it sells well.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    Of course the first issue is going to hit strong and the series should do well in the short term.

The question is on the longevity of the series. It's going to have to be a consistently good series to justify the price point.
    Isn't USM and ASM both selling at the same price so wouldn't the same logic apply to both?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    Isn't USM and ASM both selling at the same price so wouldn't the same logic apply to both?
    ASM is already established in the market. USM is not.

All comics have to be consistently good to justify their price points. But a dip in sales is not going to result in cancellation of ASM - they will just go a different direction.

Sales not being where Marvel wants will result in cancellation of USM.
    Last edited by wleakr; 01-08-2024 at 07:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    ASM is already established in the market. USM is not.
    The USM name definitely meant something in the past. What it means now is the question.

Incredible Member

The USM name definitely meant something in the past. What it means now is the question.
    The name is actually why I'm getting the book, as I was huge fan of the series when it started under Bendis. I know the theme is completely differerent with the focus on a mature, married hero w/kids, but curious enough to see how it starts this time around.

Fantastic Member Hurricane Billy's Avatar

Obviously the first issue will. Considering the broader meta circumstances surrounding Spider-Man as a character in the comics currently and the additional levels of prestige that come with both the moniker "Ultimate Spider-Man" and the talent working on the book in Hickman and Checchetto, I suspect that it will continue to sell well for quite awhile this year. Provided that Hickman and Checchetto deliver, of course.

Only time will tell. However I will note that Marvel reviving the USM name for this series did wonders for grabbing my attention so fully.

I've mentioned this before, I think, but I previously missed out on the Renew Your Vows books when they first popped up because I wasn't a fan of how Marvel were co-opting the Amazing Spider-Man moniker with the RYV subtitle for a series that was actually set outside the main 616 continuity. To me, that always rang as being rather disingenuous on their part as if they were trying to have their cake and eat it too in trying to corral old Marriage era fans back into the fold with the book title without actually restoring the marriage in the main continuity. While I still hold that opinion in general, I have since gone back and read those comics and had a great time with RYV for what they are.

It's a bit different here IMO, since the Ultimate moniker always had the inherent implication with it that it was set outside the main 616 timeline. Moreover, I think it's safe to say that the original Bendis USM series is the most influential Spider-Man comic for the broader pop culture of the last 24 years. All three live action iterations of the character we've had in that time cited USM as a key influence, as have multiple animated shows and the past decade alone showcases how quickly Miles Morales has become a main stay in the broader mythology for the general public thanks to him showing up in said animated shows, video games and the Spider-Verse films.

The Ultimate Spider-Man title is absolutely still a draw. The question that I think we'll have to wait and see be answered throughout this year is how crowds react to this being an entirely new iteration of the Spidey mythology and not a revival of the original 1610 cast. So far, I think most folks seem to understand that this is a new take entirely and have responded well- and a lot of folks seem hyped about finally getting another version of Peter and Mary Jane where they're married and have kids together too. So that bodes well for now.