Page 116 of 126 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 1876

Quote Originally Posted by SturdyMike89 View Post
    I agree completely with you here. Hulk has become horror nonsense.
    Is this about PKJ's Hulk? Because I didn't check it out, I was talking about Cates' Hulk... Unless Cates' Hulk also did horror **** and I stopped aorund the time it happened/forgot.

The X-Men are so out of character that it might as well be an Image comic.
    I didn't know Image had it this bad lol.

But this comic is very good. The story works well, the art is tight, and it is clear that Hickman is going somewhere interesting here.
    Yeah like I said, it's not a new take for the sake of it, or at least it doesn't feel this way... There are differences and the way they affect the world feels organic.

F4 is one of Marvel's most consistently amazing comic books. Ryan North could be an amazing writer for Spider-Man.
    If anything we'd get a mystery box that doesn't overstay its welcome .

Also anyone knows how long this Ultimate Spidey comic will advance in real time? Was anything said about that? Because if this is planned to be an ongoing then I really don't see that sticking...
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Also anyone knows how long this Ultimate Spidey comic will advance in real time? Was anything said about that? Because if this is planned to be an ongoing then I really don't see that sticking...
    depends on how long Hickman wants it I believe
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Fantastic Member

Is this about PKJ's Hulk? Because I didn't check it out, I was talking about Cates' Hulk... Unless Cates' Hulk also did horror **** and I stopped aorund the time it happened/forgot.

I didn't know Image had it this bad lol.

Yeah like I said, it's not a new take for the sake of it, or at least it doesn't feel this way... There are differences and the way they affect the world feels organic.

If anything we'd get a mystery box that doesn't overstay its welcome .

Yes, PKJ Hulk has been mired in the aforementioned horror nonsense. It is clear that Marvel wants to replicate the success of Ewing's Immortal Hulk run and are coming up short, When I compared the X-Men to Image, I meant the bad Bloodstrike, Ripclaw version in the 90s. Not the more critically acclaimed version it is now.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

I think the comic advancing in real time is supposed to be a countdown to the return of Iron Lad and The Ultimates. USM #6 will probably have Peter meeting Tony face to face for the first time and not via hologram.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I see, though I felt like him dating Mary Jane afterwards was more well-remembered.
    That’s just weird to think of in retrospect tbh.

I see, though I felt like him dating Mary Jane afterwards was more well-remembered.
    A lot of early adaptations just didn't use Gwen much, if at all. So it was usually Peter, Harry, and MJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    A lot of early adaptations just didn't use Gwen much, if at all. So it was usually Peter, Harry, and MJ.
    I think in the 60's show they fused MJ and Gwen for a version that was basically MJ but had George Stacy as her dad.

Outside her one appearance in the 90's show Gwen didn't even appear in a cartoon until Spectacular.

I think in the 60's show they fused MJ and Gwen for a version that was basically MJ but had George Stacy as her dad.

Outside her one appearance in the 90's show Gwen didn't even appear in a cartoon until Spectacular.
    MJ was Captain Stacy's niece in that episode.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

And that appearance was an alternate universe where Spider-Man was a publicly known and beloved multibillionaire in a suit of high-tech armor . . . and his Uncle Ben was still alive, which was pretty much the only reason the Multiverse didn't get blown up or otherwise eradicated by Spider-Carnage in a fit of symbiote-influenced existential angst and pique over (possibly) being a clone.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

MJ was Captain Stacy's niece in that episode.
    Really? That’s so weird lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Really? That’s so weird lmao
    We all know MJs don't like cops.

We all know MJs don't like cops.
    Especially if they're a pushy ex-bodyguard!

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Panini Comics in Italy is releasing an Ultimate Spider-Man box set that comes with a Superior Spider-Man cover, a regular cover and a signed print all by Marco Checchetto. It is limited to 1000 copies:

Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 04-09-2024 at 06:01 AM.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Panini Comics in Italy is releasing an Ultimate Spider-Man box set that comes with a Superior Spider-Man cover, a regular cover and a signed print all by Marco Checchetto. It is limited to 1000 copies:

That looks beautiful. Expensive but beautiful. I plan on picking up the trade (the average not special paperback that is) and donating it to my local library. This is a book I would be fine if my 13-year-old cousin picked up and read.

Still reeling that USM supposedly sold more than 2:1 to ASM.

I find this to be wonderful news and I hope the trend continues.
    Join the "Spider-Fam" Community! - Celebrating Love and Advocating for Our Hero to Beat the Devil! - https://discord.gg/VQ2mHzBBFu