Page 107 of 125 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 1867

God I’m excited, can’t wait for the inevitable Parker/Osborn blood feud. Peter and Harry don’t have history but maybe MJ and Gwen still do.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Fantastic Member Hurricane Billy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

God I’m excited, can’t wait for the inevitable Parker/Osborn blood feud. Peter and Harry don’t have history but maybe MJ and Gwen still do.
    I'm so happy that I called this happening! Very interested to see how this all plays out.

As an aside, MJ did say she met Harry once back in the day in Issue 1. Maybe that was because she was friends or acquaintances with Gwen in college?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    'Ultimate Spider-Man' #4 First Look Brings Gwen Stacy into Peter & MJ's Life

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...iew-gwen-stacy
    Brilliant! The two people that blamed Spidey for their father's demise essentially teamed up in this universe. This is the twist that I was hoping Hickman would take. Really looking forward to this and how the inevitable Osborn and Parker feud shapes up.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Billy View Post
    I'm so happy that I called this happening! Very interested to see how this all plays out.

As an aside, MJ did say she met Harry once back in the day in Issue 1. Maybe that was because she was friends or acquaintances with Gwen in college?
    I feel like she and MJ have to know each other, otherwise it wouldn’t make much sense to double date.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

My first thought was "Isn't it a bit early to be bringing in Gwen?" and I can't shake that. I feel like they've combined her and Liz Allen into one character which I don't love.

Harry's bright ginger hair and the way he's drawn here just makes me think of that other ginger Harry, you know, the royal one.
    harryosborn.net -Me rereading every single comic that has Harry Osborn in it, and also writing some articles.

Definitely thought Gwen was going to be alive and suspected she would be married to Harry. Looks like I called that too, lol.

Mighty Member

We still don't know what MJ's business is, right? Wondering if she's a designer and the connection is that Gwen is a former or current client of MJ's.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Tiger View Post
    We still don't know what MJ's business is, right? Wondering if she's a designer and the connection is that Gwen is a former or current client of MJ's.
    Definitely think Gwen is the client MJ mentioned already.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Since Peter's history loosely mirror'd the main universe maybe in this setting Pete still went to college with Gwen and Harry, but never actually joined their friend circle.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Fantastic Member Hurricane Billy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I feel like she and MJ have to know each other, otherwise it wouldn’t make much sense to double date.
    Presumably.

Though like Spider-Tiger and Kevinroc mentioned, it could also be that Gwen is that client MJ mentioned she was meeting with in Issue 2.

BANNED

If this Gwen doesn't pull a knife on somebody in her first few appearances, she's not as cool as the old Ultimate Gwen.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    If this Gwen doesn't pull a knife on somebody in her first few appearances, she's not as cool as the old Ultimate Gwen.
    In the words of that one Mutant gangbanger from The Dark Knight Returns, "She don't shiv."
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    They're already setting her up to be discount Liz, Harry's just exchanging one blonde wife who was originally into Peter for another. Because Gwen Stacy can never do anything original (other than drumming I guess) .

Also I guess since MJ kept her long hair they could experiment more with Gwen's.

I wonder if her dad is still captain of the NYPD.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They're already setting her up to be discount Liz, Harry's just exchanging one blonde wife who was originally into Peter for another. Because Gwen Stacy can never do anything original (other than drumming I guess) .
    Ouch. Tbh, I always thought of Gwen and Liz as stand-ins for one another in 616 as the pretty and popular uptown blonde. When one exited, the other one entered. So that tracks.

But also Gwen had more history with Harry than Liz and was actually interested in science so making her Oscorp's co-lead makes a bit more sense honestly.

(I wonder if Liz ended up with Flash here. Would Harry have even met Liz if he never met Peter? )
    Last edited by Spider-Tiger; 03-19-2024 at 06:40 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Definitely think Gwen is the client MJ mentioned already.
    Could also be how MJ met Harry before.