Page 119 of 126 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 1876
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Considering that if they lose, their families could pay the price, I also think they will defeat Kingpin, only to discover he's just the Boss of Level 1, and they are not prepare for Level 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garlador View Post
    Worked for the Insomniac game.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Kingpin is just the Stage One Boss. We still got a ways to go before we reach the final stage, The Maker's City Zone.

Indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Coop View Post
    I'm interested in seeing Tony show up. The article Marvel that listed these solicitations mentioned Harry and Peter (potentially with Otto helping based on the cover) are trying to hack the suits.

I wonder how Tony will feel about that and how / if he's going to get Peter involved in the Ultimates Resistance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coop View Post
    I enjoy Ultimate Tony so far and the age thing or the character don't bother me. I'm looking forward to his reappearance and seeing how he interacts with Peter and potentially Harry.

Plus as he's the primary story driver in advancing the overall Ultimate Universe narrative, another thing I am enjoying, I am pretty intrigued to see his next appearance
    Same, and besides, the Armored Adventures animated series made "Teen Tony" actually work 15 years ago. It can definitely be done.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Out of everything The Maker has done, this just feels the pettiest. He made sure Matt was still blind when he had the power to change that and ensure that there would be no Daredevil.
    Haven't thought about it but... so true.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Indeed.

Same, and besides, the Armored Adventures animated series made "Teen Tony" actually work 15 years ago. It can definitely be done.
    I have a weird affection for Teen Tony since it was such a strange storyline from my youth. That original Ultimate Iron Man series by Orson Scott Card did an interesting take on teenage Tony, too.

I don't know what it is, but I always am fascinated by bizarre takes on characters that didn't really catch on. Maybe I've been reading these characters so long that I find these oddball, unpopular reinventions kind of refreshing and interesting sometimes. I guess that explains my soft spot for teenage Iron Man.
    Last edited by Refrax5; 04-12-2024 at 09:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    I have a weird affection for Teen Tony since it was such a strange storyline from my youth. That original Ultimate Iron Man series by Orson Scott Card did an interesting take on teenage Tony, too.

I don't know what it is, but I always am fascinated by bizarre takes on characters that didn't really catch on. Maybe I've been reading these characters so long that I find these oddball, unpopular reinventions kind of refreshing and interesting sometimes. I guess that explains my soft spot for teenage Iron Man.
    Makes sense. I'm the same way with the Spider-Man Unlimited cartoon from 1999. To think it's been 25 years . . .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Makes sense. I'm the same way with the Spider-Man Unlimited cartoon from 1999. To think it's been 25 years . . .
    Oh, man, I loved that cartoon when it came out. I rewatched it on Disney+ last year and honestly? Still loved it.

I dunno how I feel about Unlimited nowadays but I loved Rino Romano as Spidey .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's definitely an odd concept, but l liked the kind of cyberpunk-meets-Erik-Larsen-Spidey aesthetic and that it did something out of the box and experimental with Spider-Man. I found it pretty entertaining and the shadowy, darker look of it compared to other Spider-Man cartoons was cool to me.

It's definitely an odd concept, but l liked the kind of cyberpunk-meets-Erik-Larsen-Spidey aesthetic and that it did something out of the box and experimental with Spider-Man. I found it pretty entertaining and the shadowy, darker look of it compared to other Spider-Man cartoons was cool to me.
    I would've been interested in seeing more beast version of Spidey villains.

BANNED

That would have been cool. I think I remember reading that they were very restricted with what stuff from the comics they could use, which is why the series featured so many random things like Counter-Earth. So it's possible they simply couldn't use more Spider-Man villains than the ones they had.

Oh, man, I loved that cartoon when it came out. I rewatched it on Disney+ last year and honestly? Still loved it.
    That would have been cool. I think I remember reading that they were very restricted with what stuff from the comics they could use, which is why the series featured so many random things like Counter-Earth. So it's possible they simply couldn't use more Spider-Man villains than the ones they had.
    Cosigned. I liked how it nonetheless did a better job with Spider-Man's core characterization compared to some of the stuff that followed up later.

Bleeding Cool notices the current Ultimate books seem to be real-time, where each issue represents a month.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/marv...-in-real-time/
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Bleeding Cool notices the current Ultimate books seem to be real-time, where each issue represents a month.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/marv...-in-real-time/
    A little late to the party, but it's something I picked up on rather quickly and found interesting. Now, does that mean the Ultimate books will continue this trajectory indefinitely? I actually have my doubts about this. The book basically teases that something is coming in around 6 months, so I expect it'll all build towards that. Whether it keeps doing that afterwards or ditches the real-time element remains to be seen.
    Join the "Spider-Fam" Community! - Celebrating Love and Advocating for Our Hero to Beat the Devil! - https://discord.gg/VQ2mHzBBFu

So it's basically old school Valiant.

Astonishing Member

New Universe did real time.

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    New Universe did real time.
    There was a lot of stretching and compressing though.
    Petrus Maria Johannaque sunt nubendi