Page 12 of 127 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Reddead View Post
    Yeah, they apparently said it's gonna be Ultimate Peter B. Parker.
    Could they actually be doing a married Peter/MJ book? Would be nuts if so but I’d be over the moon. And if Mayday is in this I might actually cry
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

I'm sure they're married. It sounds like the book they wanted to make, so everybody can have their piece of cake + it's their way to capitalize on Spideverse popularity without changing their ''sacred'' status quo in 616.

ASM is dead to me. Hickman you magnificent bastard.

As for Ultimate Spider-Man, Hickman shares that there will be a lot people will be surprised by. It will be more like Ultimate Peter B. Parker, Hickman says, a "mid-life" take on the story.
    Hmm...so instead of Spider-Man being a metaphor for adolescence into adulthood, it's a metaphor for a mid-life crisis. Quite a unique interpretation, I must say. And if it's also depicting what Peter Parker would've been like had he not bitten by the radioactive spider and, depending how hard Hickman leans into this being a "mid-life" take on the character, then I'm guessing the 6160 Peter is stuck in a dead-end job and divorced from Liz Allen. Remember, in Ultimate Invasion #1, we saw that Peter and Liz attended the science fair together where Peter was supposed to have been bitten by the spider. In the 616, he attended the science fair alone after failing to land a date.
    --Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow! and Viral Hare
    Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
    Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

Fantastic Member

I wouldn't count on seeing Mary Jane and Peter married off the bat here. This is still a Marvel comic. He likened his take to a mid-life Peter B Parker take is all

It's kind of bonkers that the Ultimate Universe, the one that's all about being a fresh start with no continuity, is going to have their Spider-Man as likely more mature than the manchild in ASM.

I wonder if, given that 6160 Peter was never bitten by the Spider, he was at home when the burglar came calling, and he's the one that died instead of Ben. Tony and Reed, obviously being down a Spider-Man, decided to take a page from the Maker's book, and instead found another Peter in the multiverse to fill the slot. At least until they find their world's Miles Morales (maybe he's still a kid, hence why they didn't just let nature take its course, as it were). Peter B. Parker was a stranger to 1610, after all. Of course that does raise the question of why any Peter would abandon their home, mind you. Maybe they plucked him from a Zombieverse (the Marvel Zombies debuted in Ultimate FF after all). Although that might be a bit too inside baseball (not to mention having the trauma of all your superhero colleagues turned into flesh-eating monsters, while everyone else you knew was eaten by the aforementioned zombies might be bit much, even for Peter to deal with).

It's going to be weird that Peter's older than Tony, I tell you that much.
    Last edited by Yvonmukluk; 10-14-2023 at 01:36 PM.

I no longer have any reason to care about 616 Peter Parker. I'm finally free

Quote Originally Posted by Coop View Post
    I wouldn't count on seeing Mary Jane and Peter married off the bat here. This is still a Marvel comic. He likened his take to a mid-life Peter B Parker take is all
    Seen a couple theories that Peter might be divorced and that feels plausible if Hickman is emulating Spiderverse. Like Spiderverse though I expect it would end with Peter reuniting with MJ after regaining his confidence and sense of self-worth.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

It's all I ever wanted and more.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

I have so many questions about all of this, but I am definitely interested.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Seen a couple theories that Peter might be divorced and that feels plausible if Hickman is emulating Spiderverse. Like Spiderverse though I expect it would end with Peter reuniting with MJ after regaining his confidence and sense of self-worth.
    I'm just saying there's no indication of MJ's involvement at all so probably safer to not get excited about it til we see what's what.

with the classic red and blue suit you have my attention
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Coop View Post
    I'm just saying there's no indication of MJ's involvement at all so probably safer to not get excited about it til we see what's what.
    Other theory I saw is that Liz Allen is going to be Peter’s wife/girlfriend and her death will be his “Uncle Ben” moment in 6160. MJ will show up eventually either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    people are already looking for reasons to hate it if Peter and Mj arent together.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

MJ was an important part of Peter B. story arc. Just saying.
    And quite frankly, why would Hickman not include her? He's perfectly aware what he's doing the take on the character people were asking for years.