Page 122 of 126 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126 LastLast
Results 1,816 to 1,830 of 1889
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    He still has a photo of her (with Ben) in his room. May is the only character that we as the audience can see clearly.

(From USM 1.)

I think the grief is a lot more subtle than people are used to from Spider-Man.
    Hmm, a valid point there. He's probably a lot more subdued because he hasn't been a superhero for at least half his adolescence and most of his adult life, unlike most other versions of himself.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Some copies arriving early and are in the wild. Be on guard for spoilers.
    Join the "Spider-Fam" Community! - Celebrating Love and Advocating for Our Hero to Beat the Devil! - https://discord.gg/VQ2mHzBBFu

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    He still has a photo of her (with Ben) in his room. May is the only character that we as the audience can see clearly.

(From USM 1.)

I think the grief is a lot more subtle than people are used to from Spider-Man.
    I admit a part of me is waiting for the shoe to drop that being Spider-Man is partially a mid-life crisis .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I admit a part of me is waiting for the shoe to drop that being Spider-Man is partially a mid-life crisis .
    I think they've been pretty clear on that.

Fantastic Member Hurricane Billy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Garlador View Post
    Some copies arriving early and are in the wild. Be on guard for spoilers.
    Much to my pleasant surprise, one such early copy arrived at my mailbox last night. First time since the run started actually! Up to now, my copies have consistently been coming in either three days late or a whole week late.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SturdyMike89 View Post
    Is this the same guesswork that thinks reposting the same story over and over again on your site isn't annoying or thinks that LOLTron is a funny idea and not just a boring tired joke that ran its course after two posts? I don't want any more negativity in my Spider-Man comics. I have had enough of it as it is. Besides i hardly doubt marvel wants to display Spider-Man as a reckless father. Just as a loser who can't win a fight or carry a meaningful relationship for any significant period of time.
    No and I don't have anything to do with that. He is already being shown as a reckless father, but he has had a meaningful relationship over a significant period of time, and has two kids to show for it.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Billy View Post
    Nah, that doesn't really fit with Hickman's approach to family drama writing, going off his past work IMO.

My money from the start has been on Jonah being the loved one who dies. He's basically treated as part of the family in this book, especially for Ben, and the both of them are currently breaking off the beat path to report news on the dystopian ongoings of the Maker's Council and their puppet factions. Plus Hickman's been doing a lot of inverting of usual Spider-Man tropes or status quos here while keeping true to the spirit of the classic comics. So to me, it makes way more sense that Jonah will wind up being the one who has a tragic death along the way, due to both his and Ben's ongoing investigations on the Maker's Council and likely something yet to come with Peter's adventures as Spider-Man.
    When you ae a kid, the most tragic death is that or your parents or parental figures. When you are a parent, it's your kids. And who has be shown to be behaving irresponsibly with?

spoilers:
    The new Harry Osborn saying with great power comes great responsibility to Peter is something I didn’t expect from this series. also no kids so if anything happens to him I guess Gwen will take up the mantle next. Little May doesn’t like Jonah. Mj used to be a former model, worked at a crisis management firm now she does a PR firm.
    end of spoilers
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Johnston View Post
    When you ae a kid, the most tragic death is that or your parents or parental figures. When you are a parent, it's your kids. And who has be shown to be behaving irresponsibly with?
    They're very different types of tragedy. If one of the kids dies and Peter feels responsible for it then we're either looking at a very different, dark and depressing Spider-Man or the triviality of something terrible.

IMO Hickman's far too smart to go that route.
    Last edited by Joe Sidetracked; 04-24-2024 at 12:51 AM.

Mighty Member

Enjoyed this issue! A few first thoughts...

spoilers:
    Called MJ having a PR firm! I wonder how else that'll come into play later.

Definitely wouldn't have anticipated that Harry would use the line. People are now suspecting that he'll be the one to bite the bullet leaving Gwen in his place to avenge his death. Or that Gwen will die leaving Harry to mourn. I was suspecting maybe something would happen to their kids, but they just confirmed that they don't have children of their own so that theory is out.

"You think you can insulate the people you love from consequences?" seems to foreshadow that something could happen to someone in the Parker family.

Was hoping not MJ or one of the kids as I feel that would make the series a bit too morose, but of the three of them, Richard Parker seems to be the one getting the least development and has the least amount of "purpose". As much as I loved the last page between Peter and MJ, it feels a little too syrupy right now. Something's going to happen to the family.

But...maybe it will be Ben after all and giving Harry the responsibility line is a misdirect? Ben seems to be leading the charge on the Paper, but maybe his death would be enough to inspire Jonah further.

And The cover of issue # 5 looks like it has the specter of death looming over Ben AND Harry. But Ben, Harry, and Jonah are also described as appearing in issue #7.

We'll see... these issues can't come out fast enough lol.

end of spoilers
    Last edited by Spider-Tiger; 04-24-2024 at 01:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Tiger View Post
    We'll see... these issues can't come out fast enough lol.
    Co-signed! I raced through #4 this morning and as much as I loved it, and thoroughly enjoyed just getting to spend time with the characters... it left me wanting more.

I've definitely been spoiled by waiting for trades for the last few years.

Spectacular Member

what a great issue

The art sure was something, huh? The expressions were something else for sure !

On a semi-related note, I really liked the warm colors in this issue ! As much as I liked the previous issues art/color combination, it felt too "cold", for lack of a better way to phrase it.
    All in all, fantastic issue as always !

spoilers:
    Oh boy! I dont know what to feel about Harry saying that, instead of Ben. But on the context of the book, I think it fits just fine? Howeeeever, does anyone see Death Flags all around Harry now, or is it just me? D: Hopefully it's just me overthinking things.

Also, I love the girl-boss portrayal of Gwen here ! And MJ looked SUBLIME as well !

Finally, that last page was so sweet ! firmly believe she will 1000% support Peter once she inevitably learns his secret, I have zero doubts about it ! #InHickmanWeTrust
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by TheMaker1610; 04-24-2024 at 07:29 AM.

spoilers:
    I was expecting we'd jump straight into Peter and Harry's conversation but I guess since this book jumps months in real time that it'd be better we settle that with a double date with the Parkers and Osborns.

David Messina filling in for Chechetto but his characters are still hot, especially MJ all dressed up.

So MJ runs a PR Firm. Honestly that just reminds me of when she was Iron Man's personal assistant. Curious what she'll get up to with getting involved with Gwen and Ben.

Ultimate Gwen is interesting. She feels more like Liz, but she has that kind of pure idealism people associate with 616 Gwen, though I wonder exactly what is motivating her.

So I guess Peter never felt like he was all that good as a newspaper photographer? It's so weird for me that's still his job here. Also he hasn't really been called Spider-Man yet.

Also he hasn't really fought that much crime yet so not sure if I'd say he's all that good at it yet.

"The Paper" - I would've rather they brought back the Frontline. Actually, where is Ben Urich?

Ha! May doesn't like Jonah. And Ben appreciates his grandson being a bookworm.

I knew he hadn't told MJ. The fact that Harry and Gwen are mutually involved...this is going to come back and bite Peter.

I never in my life expected Harry Osborn, usually the most professional Spider-Man hater of all time that's not Jameson, to give the Power and Responsibility speech. Though I guess it does frame the differing perspective that Harry has been committed to this crusade, despite not having powers, while Peter is just dipping his toes into it even if it feels instinctively like the right thing to do.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

I think Peter still being a photographer is commentary on the lack of upwards mobility to better-paying jobs for many Millennials. It does seem to be intentional. As is him getting that job in the first place through connections.