Page 100 of 126 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 1876

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Yep, it's a "picotech stealth suit" to conceal his identity from any identity-tracing technological mechanisms, with "picotech" technically being along the lines of next-level nanotechnology.
    Hickman actually did the “Stark gives Spidey an advanced tech suit” and yet I don’t hate it. I’m wondering why there were variants showing the other suit types (symbiote, 2099 Reilly, Peter’s actual look) the suit can presumably shift color/design, was that meant as a showcase for the suit’s ability? Because thus far there’s been no multiverse stuff and even Peter’s current “black suit” doesn’t look like the symbiote suit.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Yep, it's a "picotech stealth suit" to conceal his identity from any identity-tracing technological mechanisms, with "picotech" technically being along the lines of next-level nanotechnology.
    Feels like the next step from the FF suit that the team wore in Hickman's FF run.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Hickman actually did the “Stark gives Spidey an advanced tech suit” and yet I don’t hate it. I’m wondering why there were variants showing the other suit types (symbiote, 2099 Reilly, Peter’s actual look) the suit can presumably shift color/design, was that meant as a showcase for the suit’s ability? Because thus far there’s been no multiverse stuff and even Peter’s current “black suit” doesn’t look like the symbiote suit.
    I think because it's just a very basic stealth suit at this point, and depending on how well Peter can tinker with it to make it less scary for his daughter May . . . we'll get something close to the classic red-and-blues.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Feels like the next step from the FF suit that the team wore in Hickman's FF run.
    Great callback there. Third-generation unstable molecules.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Incredible Member

I’m sure you’re aware that variant covers are marketing gimmicks.

Majority of them have nothing to do with what’s occurring inside the book. They’re just cool-looking covers.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post

Majority of them have nothing to do with what’s occurring inside the book. They’re just cool-looking covers.
    True but to get them stores have to order a certain amount to even get one
    1:25.
    1:50 or 1:100 and etc and that throws off the sales and really orders for each story to get an over stock off issue that probably won't sell

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/ulti...stseller-list/

This is an Ultimate Spider-Man industry.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    True but to get them stores have to order a certain amount to even get one
    1:25.
    1:50 or 1:100 and etc and that throws off the sales and really orders for each story to get an over stock off issue that probably won't sell
    Those sales don't count on the comicshub charts.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

And we've made it to 100 pages. Congratulations are in order!
    The spider is always on the hunt.

True, but that variant of May walking in on her dad as Spider-Man for issue 1 actually did happen. You never know. Plus they showed the suit “shifting” into those suits in the trailer don’t forget. Seemed like it was more than just a cash grab variant scheme.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

True, but that variant of May walking in on her dad as Spider-Man for issue 1 actually did happen. You never know. Plus they showed the suit “shifting” into those suits in the trailer don’t forget. Seemed like it was more than just a cash grab variant scheme.
    I think that was just fan art. That wasn't an actual variant. Someone just got lucky in guessing who would be the one to walk in on Peter.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Incredible Member

The trailer is another marketing gimmick to get you interested and buy.

Which is not to say that his "suit" doesn't "morph".

But it's a brand new Spider-man - there is no way for him to know anything about the Spider-man 2099 suit or most of those others. At least, not yet.

That would be moving entirely too fast to have him mingling with alt-universe Spider-men to give him ideas for alt-suits.
    Last edited by wleakr; 02-25-2024 at 05:51 PM.

BANNED

The trailer is another marketing gimmick to get you interested and buy.

Which is not to say that his "suit" doesn't "morph".

But it's a brand new Spider-man - there is no way for him to know anything about the Spider-man 2099 suit or most of those others. At least, not yet.

That would be moving entirely too fast to have him mingling with alt-universe Spider-men to give him ideas for alt-suits.
    I definitely think the suit is going to be able to alter its appearance. I doubt that they're going to introduce a Stark nano-suit and then just have Peter ditch it for a classic fabric red-and-blue one. I'm guessing the Stark suit is programmable.

He wouldn't necessarily have to have knowledge of the others to make the suit look that way. The old Ultimate Peter came up with the exact spider logo for the symbiote suit without ever meeting our black suit Spidey or seeing Spider-Woman (who 616 Peter based his symbiote suit design on). He never met our Spider-Man but still comes up with the same design the other Peters did. Even Ben Reilly is essentially another Peter so it's not impossible that his multiverse counterparts might have similar design sense.

Who knows? Maybe it's something. Maybe it's nothing. But I'd bet money the suit does morph.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post

Who knows? Maybe it's something. Maybe it's nothing. But I'd bet money the suit does morph.
    I'd bet the same - pretty sure a Stark suit does a few extra things!

Still, I'm not expecting to see 5 different suits appear in year one. Spending that much time and space on suit appearances is going to take away from other elements.

After reading the second issue is it safe to assume that Peter doesn't have Spider sense? No way he is sucked like that it he did.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

So who is giving the “great power” speech and bitting the bullet in this universe?
    Last edited by Prime; 02-27-2024 at 05:40 AM.