Page 126 of 126 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126
Results 1,876 to 1,889 of 1889
    Fantastic Member Hurricane Billy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Otto being a deconstruction of Dikto Peter would be a cool approach.
    It's such a deliberate and unique character design choice to go in with Otto visually that I have to think it's intentional. Besides, Otto has generally been something of a dark mirror to Peter as a loner and science nerd, to the point that his most revered comic story of the past decade revolved around the idea of Otto becoming Spider-Man.

Plus with USM being set in a dystopian world where an authoritarian regime rules the planet from the shadows via an assortment of puppet governments and subsequent oligarchies all conspiring together on various levels to maintain the illusion of normalcy, it's not exactly a stretch to imagine an Otto Octavius working for a tech company like Oscorp as a means of his pursuit of his own "rational self-interest and personal satisfaction" and then eventually turning coat from his rebellious employers to potentially either work on his own accord or work for a status quo oligarch as a means of preserving his ongoing endeavors in science and tech. Which would fit in with the brief snippet we've seen of 6160 Otto so far in him being very quick and willing to sign a new and more brutal NDA for Gwen as a means of him continuing to get to "play with new toys."

And yeah I definitely expect a face concealing helmet, that’s kind of Hickman’s aesthetic
    Definitely. I hadn't been considering the chances of such a design popping up for any of the Spidey Rogues Gallery, but after sitting on it for a bit, it'd make plenty of sense if that's what we're getting with 6160 Doc Ock. Hell, the Maker's helmet is actually shaped similarly to that of an octopus' head.

EDIT:

Guys, I just had an epiphany.

Harry and/or Gwen are probably going to eventually use their resources at Oscorp to create the 6160 Sinister Six as their own spin on the Ultimates in order to have a team of supers who are capable of fighting back against the Maker's Council.
    Last edited by Hurricane Billy; 04-28-2024 at 11:57 AM.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Ultimate Spider-Man #7 variant by Marco Mastrazzo:

"The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Fantastic Member Hurricane Billy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post

Ohhhh I am all about this cover. Love the artwork here!

I will say, I do hope we eventually get an interview from Hickman where he can finally talk a bit more in depth about USM. I'm shocked that still hasn't happened yet.

So basically Spider-Man is the Main Rider and Green Goblin is the Secondary Rider.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Oh wow. When was the last time any book got a Sixth Printing? It's been quite a while, hasn't it?
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

Oh wow. When was the last time any book got a Sixth Printing? It's been quite a while, hasn't it?
    The list is small. I know Ms. Marvel hit SEVEN printings, but it also was severally under-produced because nobody expected a brand new character like that to break out. Ultimate Spider-Man already had high volume pre-orders for the first several printings due to being Spider-Man. It continuing to return with new printings is very uncommon and a testament to its continued and sustained interest with new readers and collectors.
    Join the "Spider-Fam" Community! - Celebrating Love and Advocating for Our Hero to Beat the Devil! - https://discord.gg/VQ2mHzBBFu

Quote Originally Posted by Garlador View Post
    The list is small. I know Ms. Marvel hit SEVEN printings, but it also was severally under-produced because nobody expected a brand new character like that to break out. Ultimate Spider-Man already had high volume pre-orders for the first several printings due to being Spider-Man. It continuing to return with new printings is very uncommon and a testament to its continued and sustained interest with new readers and collectors.
    I have a feeling USM will hit seven printings easily, especially since the cover for the sixth printing was originally only available at a small number of shops in Italy.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So basically Spider-Man is the Main Rider and Green Goblin is the Secondary Rider.
    I like that, alot.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ryu77 View Post
    I like that, alot.
    As a Kamen Rider fan, same.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Fantastic Member

I will be trying to get that 6th printing cover. Gotta have Scarlet Spider

Astonishing Member

No pun intended, but even if there's no grudge from the very beginning, I can stop seeing this alliance between Peter and Harry as a ticking bomb.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    No pun intended, but even if there's no grudge from the very beginning, I can stop seeing this alliance between Peter and Harry as a ticking bomb.
    I'm getting worried about Gwen.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Coop View Post
    I will be trying to get that 6th printing cover. Gotta have Scarlet Spider
    Understandable.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    It most likely will end up that way, given Peter's and Harry's differing philosophies on costumed heroics.
    The spider is always on the hunt.