Page 121 of 126 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 1889
    Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like Hickman is really going to have to work to make people care about Richard.
    I care about Richard.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Fantastic Member Hurricane Billy's Avatar

I feel like Hickman is really going to have to work to make people care about Richard.
    I mean, I like Richard so far for what it's worth.

The biggest thing going against him right now is that he hasn't gotten the screen time and focus that May has had.

Yeah he doesn’t have that multiverse boost like Mayday does.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

I think all he’ll need is one issue with a spotlight and people will be fully onboard. The smart and responsible older brother type can be quite endearing.
    Join the "Spider-Fam" Community! - Celebrating Love and Advocating for Our Hero to Beat the Devil! - https://discord.gg/VQ2mHzBBFu

I don't dislike him myself but he definitely feels like he's just kind of there compared to May.

Although now I wonder if Hickman wanted to write siblings again after his FF run.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    I care about Richard.
    Same.

I'm fine with his panel time. We are only 3 issues in. That's only half of the first trade volume.

A lot of the "this character hasn't done much" talk I see strikes me as way too premature. Almost like we are so desperate for a good Spider-Man book we forgot Hickman is still setting things up.

It's actually amazing how many characters Hickman explored in just 3 issues (Peter, May, Jonah, Ben, and parts of Harry and MJ). I'm sure they'll all get their due. Most writers aren't this economical with just 3 issues. Bendis was still on the origin.
    Last edited by Kaitou D. Kid; 04-21-2024 at 11:58 AM.

He could always pull a Wells and not do that.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    Same.

I'm fine with his panel time. We are only 3 issues in. That's only half of the first trade volume.

A lot of the "this character hasn't done much" talk I see strikes me as way too premature. Almost like we are so desperate for a good Spider-Man book we forgot Hickman is still setting things up.

It's actually amazing how many characters Hickman explored in just 3 issues (Peter, May, Jonah, Ben, and parts of Harry and MJ). I'm sure they'll all get their due. Most writers aren't this economical with just 3 issues. Bendis was still on the origin.
    True enough, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    He could always pull a Wells and not do that.
    Give him some credit . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    Same.

I'm fine with his panel time. We are only 3 issues in. That's only half of the trade volume.

I think it's also just the way Hickman's been pacing the book on a monthly schedule.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    Replying to posts from another -related- thread

The possibility of this version of eithe Ben or Jonah dying makes me sad, but it is possible the story will take that route.

If they choose to add conflict, I don't want it to be more than a passing argument solved maturely.
    I hope Ben doesn't die, simply because Ben being alive is a big part of what makes this version distinct. There are other things, of course, but to me having a version of Spider-Man where Uncle Ben is alive is something I think is interesting to explore.

It's also a version of Spider-man where Peter wasn't actually that close to Aunt May.
    Petrus Maria Johannaque sunt nubendi

Quote Originally Posted by Daibhidh View Post
    It's also a version of Spider-man where Peter wasn't actually that close to Aunt May.
    I don’t agree. Peter and MJ still named their daughter after her. That’s not something they would do if they weren’t close to her.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I don’t agree. Peter and MJ still named their daughter after her. That’s not something they would do if they weren’t close to her.
    Granted. Still, Peter and Ben's conversation in issue one implies that Peter's more concerned about Ben's loss than about his own. Perhaps they're as close as MJ and Aunt Anna in Earth 616, (when the writer knows what to do with their characters at least).
    Petrus Maria Johannaque sunt nubendi

It's weird. Like he was with his parents longer even if he still got raised by Ben and May but also May's loss still feels like it's hit Peter the least (though it's still only a 3rd issue).

It's weird. Like he was with his parents longer even if he still got raised by Ben and May but also May's loss still feels like it's hit Peter the least (though it's still only a 3rd issue).
    He still has a photo of her (with Ben) in his room. May is the only character that we as the audience can see clearly.

(From USM 1.)

I think the grief is a lot more subtle than people are used to from Spider-Man.