Page 93 of 126 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 1889
    Fantastic Member Hurricane Billy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    USM #1 3rd Printing variant by Sara Pichelli:

I love this so much.

Also, this could easily be nothing, but I noticed something interesting in Peach Momoko's recent interview with Screenrant this week about her upcoming Ultimate X-Men series. Obviously Ultimate X-Men is going to take place in Japan and generally feature an atypical lineup for the X-Men and we'll be seeing Storm over in Ultimate Black Panther... but Momoko seems to suggest at one point that we might be seeing a mutant or two show up at some point in Ultimate Spider-Man?

Quote Originally Posted by Peach Momoko
    SR: A lot of your Marvel work so far has been more independent, like cover work or the Momoko-verse which is its own universe now, but Ultimate X-Men is part of a multi-series shared universe. I am wondering how it has been working with a larger team of creators on a collaborative shared project?

PM: It is a bigger, shared universe with other creatives, but I feel like I am still kind of independent. Jonathan and C.B. kind of just let me do whatever, they just gave me... “What If? X-Men… but in Japan?” but with a whole new roster of X-Men, not Wolverine, not Cyclops, not the popular ones, that’s why its Hisako (Armor) and more centrally Japanese. Although it is shared, but because there is not too much that overlaps between Hickman’s story and my story, I kind of believe that Jonathan Hickman chose me to just go wild with how I wanted to tell the story.

But also, I have always enjoyed - even though Demon Days and Demon Wars is completely Momoko-verse - but there are those rules that it has to be like “Marvel wants Psylocke in Momoko-verse” or “Marvel wants Wolverine in Momoko-verse,” even though it is Wolverine as an actual wolf in Demon Days. There are still those small rules that I still have to go through so it still represents Marvel.

So Ultimate X-Men, there are some characters that they [Marvel] doesn’t want us to use, because they're used in Ultimate Black Panther or Ultimate Spider-Man, so there are some characters that are off limits. I enjoy those small rules so I can explore differently, because if it is completely open-ended it just becomes not Marvel, but I am having a blast working with these creative teams but without too much being in a box.
    So if Peter does wind up running into a mutant or two here, who might that be? The easy guess would normally be Logan, right?

USM #1 3rd Printing variant by Sara Pichelli:

Ben looks too cute there .

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Billy View Post
    So if Peter does wind up running into a mutant or two here, who might that be? The easy guess would normally be Logan, right?
    I am going to say it's probably going to be Logan. But Hickman could always surprise us by doing an Amazing Friends team up and have it be Firestar and Iceman.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

I am going to say it's probably going to be Logan. But Hickman could always surprise us by doing an Amazing Friends team up and have it be Firestar and Iceman.
    Now that would be a fun turn of events! But yeah, I have to imagine it's more likely to be someone like Logan or Juggernaut.

Fantastic Member primenumber101's Avatar

If the series goes long enough, I also want to see how Peter's life alter with the intervention of Maker. Like how Peter goes through his student life without being a superhero and living with his uncle ben instead of aunt may, and how he get to know MJ and eventually married with her.

That would be too fun for this book .

Quote Originally Posted by primenumber101 View Post
    If the series goes long enough, I also want to see how Peter's life alter with the intervention of Maker. Like how Peter goes through his student life without being a superhero and living with his uncle ben instead of aunt may, and how he get to know MJ and eventually married with her.
    Likewise. Even if it only happens via fan letter answers or a Hickman chart, I really want to see how Peter and Mary Jane's lives compare and contrast in Earth-6160 compared to their 616 counterparts.

His life was different even before the Maker intervened, he was with his parents up until his teen years.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

He still lived with both Uncle Ben and Aunt May after his parents passed away at 15. May only died recently.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

BANNED

Let's not forget Ms. Lion, the little lhasa apso!

Spectacular Member 9AlphaOmega1's Avatar

Or we can get a 4 or 5 issues mini series about it, I will buy all the variant for that.
    Last edited by 9AlphaOmega1; 02-03-2024 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Billy View Post
    I love this so much.

Also, this could easily be nothing, but I noticed something interesting in Peach Momoko's recent interview with Screenrant this week about her upcoming Ultimate X-Men series. Obviously Ultimate X-Men is going to take place in Japan and generally feature an atypical lineup for the X-Men and we'll be seeing Storm over in Ultimate Black Panther... but Momoko seems to suggest at one point that we might be seeing a mutant or two show up at some point in Ultimate Spider-Man?

How has no one gotten Hickman in for an interview yet? He did the press junket for X-Men!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Huh, in the Off-Panel podcast Zdarsky has said he was meant to be the original writer for Ultimate Spider-Man, but he rejected it to keep doing Batman and because he felt the nu-Ult Universe was too-Hickmany so he thought Hickman should be the one to write it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    How has no one gotten Hickman in for an interview yet? He did the press junket for X-Men!
    I've been wondering about that too! Hopefully he does an interview soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Leancarp900 View Post
    Huh, in the Off-Panel podcast Zdarsky has said he was meant to be the original writer for Ultimate Spider-Man, but he rejected it to keep doing Batman and because he felt the nu-Ult Universe was too-Hickmany so he thought Hickman should be the one to write it.
    Interesting. Honestly I'm glad Hickman's writing USM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leancarp900 View Post
    Woah that’s fascinating! What was Hickman going to do originally then? Ultimates? I wonder if Zdarsky would’ve done the same setup of a married Peter. USM is such a Hickman book and status quo that I get why Zdarsky passed, I can’t really see anyone but Hickman writing it.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/