Page 60 of 126 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyspideyfan View Post
    Maybe it will be like the original Ultimate universe where there isn’t a proper Galactus or silver surfer, in fact the ultimate universe had two different takes on silver surfer which is pretty funny
    Oh yeah, Ultimate Galactus was...something.

Fantastic Member Hurricane Billy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    I just realized something. If there is no Fantastic Four on Earth-6160...then who is going to stop Galactus when the Silver Surfer inevitably leads him to Earth?! Will it be Peter and The Ultimates?!
    While I'm with Crazyspiderfan in thinking that there's a decent chance that the new Ultimate Universe might just do something different like the original Ultimate universe did, I do think it would be a fun idea to explore other less immediately obvious consequences of the Maker intervening and tampering with the last fifty years of history in Earth-6160 in order to achieve his "perfect world." And that, by ensuring the Fantastic Four never came to fruition and that with Ben and the Storm siblings dead, the Maker has unwittingly created a pivotal hole in addressing the arrival of Galactus and the Silver Surfer and now the existing heroes of Earth-6160 have to scramble together to figure out how to stop this problem.

That could definitely be an exciting and interesting storyline for Hickman and the other Ultimate writers to tackle after the current story arc with the Maker and the Illuminati is wrapped up.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Ultimate Spider-Man #1 variant by Ariel Diaz:

"The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Save him MJ! (not really though, I want Spidey to save himself).

Goblin design looks more intricate with this art.

already showing Mj by the window. I do hope his goblin suit evolves the more derange the character gets
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Now that is a fantastic callback right there!!! Right out of Amazing Spider-Man #39's cover!

Also it's nice to see a cover variant with MJ present that isn't just about the happy Parker family vibes!

And in her iconic black top .

All of those covers gives me a really good vibe. Like this will save my interest in Spider-Man. 2024 can't come fast enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Oh yeah, Ultimate Galactus was...something.
    This I never understood. Galactus is a cosmic being. He should have existed in the Ultimate Universe as well.

Quote Originally Posted by mightyspidey View Post
    All of those covers gives me a really good vibe. Like this will save my interest in Spider-Man. 2024 can't come fast enough.
    Couldn't agree more. It's been a long time since last I was this excited for a new comic. Especially anything for Spider-Man at that.

Fantastic Member Crazyspideyfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    This I never understood. Galactus is a cosmic being. He should have existed in the Ultimate Universe as well.
    I think it’s because the original Ultimate Universe worked very differently and was a reimagining of different Marvel concepts if they were created in the 2000s.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyspideyfan View Post
    I think it’s because the original Ultimate Universe worked very differently and was a reimagining of different Marvel concepts if they were created in the 2000s.
    There's something weird about that project. It basically boils down to reimagining a concept created by Jack Kirby as if it weren't created by Jack Kirby. But reimagining a Jack Kirby concept without the Jack Kirby basically amounts to the 2000s artist-writer coming up with their own original creation.
    Petrus Maria Johannaque sunt nubendi

Quote Originally Posted by Daibhidh View Post
    There's something weird about that project. It basically boils down to reimagining a concept created by Jack Kirby as if it weren't created by Jack Kirby. But reimagining a Jack Kirby concept without the Jack Kirby basically amounts to the 2000s artist-writer coming up with their own original creation.
    There's a reason quite a few Ultimate revamps aren't as fondly remember as others.

Ultimate Spider-Man #1 releases next month on January 10th (at least that's when it is currently scheduled).

Fantastic Member primenumber101's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Ultimate Spider-Man #1 releases next month on January 10th (at least that's when it is currently scheduled).
    Oh Really? Its right on my brother's birthday.