Page 108 of 125 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 1867
    Spectacular Member 9AlphaOmega1's Avatar

In the 616 universe, Peter went to class with Harry and Gwen, MJ met Harry and Gwen through Peter. There is also a possibility that Peter didn't went to the same college with Harry and Gwen. That is probably how Harry met Gwen by going to same classes.

I am not familiar to Gwen, except Spider-Gwen, but the preview feels a bit of Liz Allan to me or any other generic blondes.

Quote Originally Posted by 9AlphaOmega1 View Post
    In the 616 universe, Peter went to class with Harry and Gwen, MJ met Harry and Gwen through Peter. There is also a possibility that Peter didn't went to the same college with Harry and Gwen. That is probably how Harry met Gwen by going to same classes.

I am not familiar to Gwen, except Spider-Gwen, but the preview feels a bit of Liz Allan to me or any other generic blondes.
    Harry and Gwen were friends before college. In fact, their introduction had Harry and Gwen introducing themselves to Flash.

(Yes, this is the first appearance of Harry and Gwen. It's certainly not as memorable as "Face it, tiger.")

Mighty Member

17D740B4-2D51-457E-884F-026380900581.jpg17D740B4-2D51-457E-884F-026380900581.jpg

Got myself another variant for issue 1 yesterday (I have 3 more on the way…)

Also read issue 2 last night.
    It’s great, I do have a few worries however… maybe to the extent I may make a Youtube video about it as I do feel like it’s concerns that no one is really talking about.

However, yeah, this is shaping up to be one great story.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Tiger View Post
    Brilliant! The two people that blamed Spidey for their father's demise essentially teamed up in this universe. This is the twist that I was hoping Hickman would take. Really looking forward to this and how the inevitable Osborn and Parker feud shapes up.
    Maybe something happens to Harry later on and Gwen will take over the Green Goblin mantle.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Fantastic Member

I'm excited for this double date issue. I'm not upset at there being another Gwen.

I hope the change in universe and events leads to a different outcome for the relationship between Harry and Peter, rather than just a a remix of the 616 continuity where they are destined to be bitter enemies and have Harry die.

Hoping Hickman has bigger ambitions than that.

I really hope they don't kill Gwen again. (A part of me really suspects Uncle Ben is a dead man walking, however.)
    harryosborn.net -Me rereading every single comic that has Harry Osborn in it, and also writing some articles.

Ouch. Tbh, I always thought of Gwen and Liz as stand-ins for one another in 616 as the pretty and popular uptown blonde. When one exited, the other one entered. So that tracks.

But also Gwen had more history with Harry than Liz and was actually interested in science so making her Oscorp's co-lead makes a bit more sense honestly.

(I wonder if Liz ended up with Flash here. Would Harry have even met Liz if he never met Peter? )
    I mean, they both had different circumstances and arcs even if they have surface-level similarities and 616 Gwen was never really into science despite what modern writers would want you to think .
    Quote Originally Posted by Coop View Post
    I'm excited for this double date issue. I'm not upset at there being another Gwen.

I hope the change in universe and events leads to a different outcome for the relationship between Harry and Peter, rather than just a a remix of the 616 continuity where they are destined to be bitter enemies and have Harry die.

If the Green Goblin doesn't inevitably try to kill Spider-Man, it's not really the Green Goblin (which is probably why Phi Urich didn't stick).

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, they both had different circumstances and arcs even if they have surface-level similarities and 616 Gwen was never really into science despite what modern writers would want you to think .

If the Green Goblin doesn't inevitably try to kill Spider-Man, it's not really the Green Goblin (which is probably why Phi Urich didn't stick).
    I'm absolutely okay with that. I don't need "really the green goblin", I just need an interesting and exciting story. If that manifests as the Green Goblin not going insane All the better. It's only execution but I'm definitely open to them not doing things as expected.

I'm absolutely okay with that. I don't need "really the green goblin", I just need an interesting and exciting story. If that manifests as the Green Goblin not going insane All the better. It's only execution but I'm definitely open to them not doing things as expected.
    I also think you have to be true to the spirit of the characters and what they represent.

Mighty Member

I get that her intelligence has been flanderized in other media, but 616 Gwen was explicitly a science major. I find it a bit more likely that she would choose to work for a science corporation. I also find it plausible that she could have married Harry had the two of them never met Peter, whereas Liz and Harry only really interacted because of their mutual connection to Peter.

I'm also betting the decision to use Gwen over Liz here is to reference the fact, that Gwen, like Harry, developed a hatred of Spider-man and blamed him for the death of her father. It's to set up a tension between the two married couples in a way that wouldn't exist if Hickman just used Liz ala 616.

Harry and Peter are going to come to blows eventually. Harry might not go insane per se, but he’s going to end up fighting with Peter over using lethal force if nothing else. I foresee Harry filling the role that Doom did in Hickman’s F4 and Avengers runs. Doom and Reed are able to work together occasionally in the face of a grand threat, but ultimately it can’t last. Doom simply feels too much envy and hate for Reed, coupled with his own ego, to ever truly bury the hatchet. Something similar will likely play out here. Spidey and Goblin will form a tentative alliance, which will fall apart and Hickman’s run will likely culminate in a final fight between the two. I could totally see a similar conversation to this:

Playing out between Peter and Harry.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I get that her intelligence has been flanderized in other media, but 616 Gwen was explicitly a science major. I find it a bit more likely that she would choose to work for a science corporation. I also find it plausible that she could have married Harry had the two of them never met Peter, whereas Liz and Harry only really interacted because of their mutual connection to Peter.

I'm also betting the decision to use Gwen over Liz here is to reference the fact, that Gwen, like Harry, developed a hatred of Spider-man and blamed him for the death of her father. It's to set up a tension between the two married couples in a way that wouldn't exist if Hickman just used Liz ala 616.
    I forget, didn't Liz hail from like a chemical factory CEO or something?

I'm reminded of that Nancy Drew Gwen mini where it felt like Harry was Gwen's hopelessly pining best friend character (if I remember right).

I do wonder how much either wife knows about their husbands' alter ego at this point.

Mighty Member

I'm reminded of that Nancy Drew Gwen mini where it felt like Harry was Gwen's hopelessly pining best friend character (if I remember right).

I do wonder how much either wife knows about their husbands' alter ego at this point.
    I thought Liz was the daughter of a wealthy hotel owner.

It seems like they do not know yet, but I'm hoping Hickman doesn't drag that out for too long.

Liz was in the nursing profession like me.

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Peter is going to need to have a lost at some point in this series either harry or gwen if his family is off the table