Page 85 of 126 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 1889

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    I give it around 30 issues.
    I say this because I don’t think Hickman has ever been on a single title for more than 45 issues.
    Even Marvel wise, I think his Avengers was his longest at around 44 issues
    That’s the more realistic expectation probably. 30 issues is about 3 years give or take any Annuals, but if Hickman intends for this to be his final Marvel work that might cause him to stay longer than usual. After USM he will have touched on every one of the major Marvel pillars: Spider-Man, Avengers, X-Men, and F4. I expect he’ll either go back to creator owned/Hollywood or go to DC once he’s done with USM. If I’m right then he might stay around for a while, really touch on any Marvel property he hasn’t yet through Spider-Man with the freedom being in 6160 offers.

Of course I’m not unbiased since I want him to stay on USM for a while since when Hickman leaves I’ll probably have to go back to ignoring comic Spider-Man, unless USM continues with a team and premise I enjoy. I don’t expect Marvel to get their act together with regards to 616 ASM any time soon.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Hickman also wrote New Avenger for 33 issues, which puts his total Avengers run at 77.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurus View Post
    Hickman also wrote New Avenger for 33 issues, which puts his total Avengers run at 77.
    I look at his Avengers and New Avengers as seperate runs, even if they are sister titles.

Honestly, if what I heard is right and they want GODs to be Marvel’s sandman, I see that title going on for 50 issues.

On a side note, outside of his Avengers World run, I have every run Hickman did for Marvel.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    I look at his Avengers and New Avengers as seperate runs, even if they are sister titles.

Honestly, if what I heard is right and they want GODs to be Marvel’s sandman, I see that title going on for 50 issues.

On a side note, outside of his Avengers World run, I have every run Hickman did for Marvel.
    Avengers World is great. I liked that whole series more than Hickman's run. It finishes up a lot of Hickman's dangling plots too.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    Avengers World is great. I liked that whole series more than Hickman's run. It finishes up a lot of Hickman's dangling plots too.
    It’s on my to buy list

A week later and USM is still #1 digitally. Rooting for this book to help turn the industry around, retailers have been vocal about how poorly everything is doing, this book might be the start of changing that.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Fantastic Member Hurricane Billy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

A week later and USM is still #1 digitally. Rooting for this book to help turn the industry around, retailers have been vocal about how poorly everything is doing, this book might be the start of changing that.
    One can only hope. It definitely helps that the word of mouth is exploding in a really positive way and that the book is apparently bringing in a bunch of new comic readers.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Billy View Post
    One can only hope. It definitely helps that the word of mouth is exploding in a really positive way and that the book is apparently bringing in a bunch of new comic readers.
    I knew it was gonna sell well and probably even outsell ASM... but I never expected it to be this big.

That's cool .

Fantastic Member Hurricane Billy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    I knew it was gonna sell well and probably even outsell ASM... but I never expected it to be this big.
    It's early to say for sure... but I do wonder if maybe Hickman and co. have actually awakened a slumbering giant with this book? We'll see in due time.

Obviously comic sales will never be what they used to be a few decades back- but this makes me wonder if the comic industry can at least potentially be in a better state than it has been for so long.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    Spider-Man is back to being the most popular hero in the world, this shows what happens when Marvel actually puts out a good book featuring him rather than simply coasting off of his brand popularity.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Billy View Post
    It's early to say for sure... but I do wonder if maybe Hickman and co. have actually awakened a slumbering giant with this book? We'll see in due time.

Obviously comic sales will never be what they used to be a few decades back- but this makes me wonder if the comic industry can at least potentially be in a better state than it has been for so long.
    I do think there's some of that going on, yeah.

Spider-Man is Marvel's most popular hero but in the eyes of many people, he hasn't had a good run in almost 20 years (except for Spencer but that was a "cleanup" run, which doesn't count).

You deprive people of a good Spider-Man run for that long, and they're going to get thirsty for more Spider-Man.
    Last edited by Kaitou D. Kid; 01-17-2024 at 04:49 AM.

That’s the more realistic expectation probably. 30 issues is about 3 years give or take any Annuals, but if Hickman intends for this to be his final Marvel work that might cause him to stay longer than usual. After USM he will have touched on every one of the major Marvel pillars: Spider-Man, Avengers, X-Men, and F4. I expect he’ll either go back to creator owned/Hollywood or go to DC once he’s done with USM. If I’m right then he might stay around for a while, really touch on any Marvel property he hasn’t yet through Spider-Man with the freedom being in 6160 offers.

Of course I’m not unbiased since I want him to stay on USM for a while since when Hickman leaves I’ll probably have to go back to ignoring comic Spider-Man, unless USM continues with a team and premise I enjoy. I don’t expect Marvel to get their act together with regards to 616 ASM any time soon.
    Jesus, 3 years??? Maybe they should consider the manga format

Incredible Member SplinteringHeart's Avatar

Been talking elsewhere about MJ...just want to get this out there:

What I would like, expect, hope to see, as a "progressive" move in Ultimate, is that Peter shares the spider bite with MJ, and she therefore gains powers too. It's what I would do in that situation....she doesn't have to immediately put on a costume like Peter, but maybe in an occasional "job share"...the kids and Peter would benefit just by both having powers...for their protection...and the kids should not have powers (unless later) but grow up with a "normal" life...

We could have it like Luke Cage and Jessica Jones (616)...

If you're reading this, Mr Hickman.....
    Last edited by SplinteringHeart; 01-17-2024 at 09:26 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SplinteringHeart View Post
    Been talking elsewhere about MJ...just want to get this out there:

What I would like, expect, hope to see, as a "progressive" move in Ultimate, is that Peter shares the spider bite with MJ, and she therefore gains powers too. It's what I would do in that situation....she doesn't have to immediately put on a costume like Peter, but maybe in an occasional "job share"...the kids and Peter would benefit just by both having powers...for their protection...and the kids should not have powers (unless later) but grow up with a "normal" life...

We could have it like Luke Cage and Jessica Jones (616)...

If you're reading this, Mr Hickman.....
    I'm buying five copies of each issue and handing out for of them and I would 100% drop the book if that happened. That sounds just awful, just let MJ be MJ.. Go read Renew Your Vows if you want powered MJ and children. Actually, I think Jackpot #1 came out today. Go read that instead of coming up with ways to sabotage this series. This post actually really ticked me off, frick.