Page 114 of 126 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 1876

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Have you not been following Ultimate Spider-Man since it was announced?
    Dude, I get back here just to make a stupid joke, superficially check out some things, then leave lol.

I've stopped checking out comics since like an year after Zeb Wells' run started, since y'know, Zeb Wells' run is garbage, Krakoan era of X-Men was mostly insufferable, Hulk was garbage... F4 seemed alright though, but by that point I just didn't feel like keeping up with it... Is it still alright since the first issue?

I'd love to hear your take on it.
    I'll try to read it today, hopefully it's actually fun stuff and not just a basic story that pleases Spider-Marriage fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Dude, I get back here just to make a stupid joke, superficially check out some things, then leave lol.

I've stopped checking out comics since like an year after Zeb Wells' run started, since y'know, Zeb Wells' run is garbage, Krakoan era of X-Men was mostly insufferable, Hulk was garbage... F4 seemed alright though, but by that point I just didn't feel like keeping up with it... Is it still alright since the first issue?

I'll try to read it today, hopefully it's actually fun stuff and not just a basic story that pleases Spider-Marriage fans.
    Not enjoying PKJ Hulk?

FF by North has been pretty solid and fun.

Not enjoying PKJ Hulk?
    I dunno what's happening in that one, I was talking about Cates' Hulk... Should've specified lol.

FF by North has been pretty solid and fun.
    That's nice lol.

Anyways, I checked out Hickman's Ultimate Spidey and, it's pretty good, maybe great even.

I always thought that Hickman wouldn't be a good Spidey writer because he has a bad habit of not writing characters and just writing walking talking info dumpers... But fortunately he proved me wrong here, he gets Spidey's voice pretty well, and the little of MJ we've seen was good too.

An interesting thing is that Hickman intentionally made the characters and setting different, but he didn't put too much emphasis on it, it's more like he shows it's different, and writes the world around that difference, so characters are in different positions and act like they should in this new position instead of being copied and pasted, all of this makes the story feel fresh, and not being different just because it has to be different.

Pacing is pretty good, Spidey learning how to super-hero is fun to watch, Ben and JJ are interesting, overall I'm liking it so far.

Just find it a bit weird Spidey seemingly didn't tell MJ he's a super-hero, even though in the first issue she seems to be aware of it... Oh well, with the way things are going, she'll learn eventually anyways.

Oh well, short version is, it's a different take that makes proper use of this difference, and well written as well, since it's not just a "it's good because it's different", and I hope it remains that way.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Marco Checchetto's Design sheet for Ultimate Gwen Stacy-Osborn:

"The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GKQZrcfX...g&name=900x900
    I honestly thought she'd be the babysitter mentioned in the first issue lol.

Dunno why, just thought that'd happen.

Funny both this and Zdarsky's Life Story had an older Gwen with shorter hair.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I honestly thought she'd be the babysitter mentioned in the first issue lol.

Dunno why, just thought that'd happen.

Funny both this and Zdarsky's Life Story had an older Gwen with shorter hair.
    I am still holding out hope it's Kristy Watson.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

I like how she has a very Sabrina The Teenage Witch design going on, lol. (I also know she's in her mid-30s and has likely had children at this point.)

It's funny how this is almost like 616 Gwen's iconic outfit except she's wearing pants instead of a skirt and she's got shorter boots.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I like how she has a very Sabrina The Teenage Witch design going on, lol. (I also know she's in her mid-30s and has likely had children at this point.)
    Now that you mention it she looks a lot like comic Sabrina.

I am still holding out hope it's Kristy Watson.
    Oh that'd be pretty cool lol.

It's funny how this is almost like 616 Gwen's iconic outfit except she's wearing pants instead of a skirt and she's got shorter boots.
    You'd think that costume is the only thing she ever wore... Checking out the comics she never out it at any point before she got killed lol.

Never thought I'd be interested in a version of Gwen sleeping with the Green Goblin again, yet Hickman surprises me.
    Last edited by Garlador; 04-03-2024 at 05:16 PM.
    Join the "Spider-Fam" Community! - Celebrating Love and Advocating for Our Hero to Beat the Devil! - https://discord.gg/VQ2mHzBBFu

Quote Originally Posted by Garlador View Post
    Never thought I'd be interest in a version of Gwen sleeping with the Green Goblin again, yet Hickman surprises me.
    You really had to go there .

Never thought I'd be interest in a version of Gwen sleeping with the Green Goblin again, yet Hickman surprises me.
    Hickman is an absolute mad lad.

Astonishing Member

Sins present

Fantastic Member Hurricane Billy's Avatar

Never thought I'd be interested in a version of Gwen sleeping with the Green Goblin again, yet Hickman surprises me.
    Bravo.

Between this, Peter's first line in the first issue and the "One More Day" line at the end of Issue 2, maybe there is some merit to the idea that Hickman might be throwing winks and nods to some of the more controversial and less fondly remembered parts of JMS' run on ASM.

It's funny because I think the only time Harry and Gwen were ever really together was in Spectacular.