Page 115 of 126 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 1876

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's funny because I think the only time Harry and Gwen were ever really together was in Spectacular.
    In which Harry was just Gwen's rebound, and Harry had to manipulate her for the relationship to continue, which would obviously be hella toxic, so funny precedent lol.

Honestly I think the reasons Hickman went for Gwen is both because she's way more popular than Liz, and to maybe introduce George, time will tell if this Gwen will have something basic like, an actual personality.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Mighty Member

It's funny because I think the only time Harry and Gwen were ever really together was in Spectacular.
    I mean they did date for a bit in the Lee-Romita run (though Gwen was clearly more interested in Pete at the time) so it's not completely unfounded in comic lore.

Last edited by Spider-Tiger; 04-04-2024 at 08:11 AM.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Tiger View Post
    I mean they did date for a bit in the Lee-Romita run (though Gwen was clearly more interested in Pete at the time) so it's not completely unfounded in comic lore.

God, I love Mary Jane. She's just the best.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Tiger View Post

I see, though I felt like him dating Mary Jane afterwards was more well-remembered.

Mighty Member

I see, though I felt like him dating Mary Jane afterwards was more well-remembered.
    Yeah because it happened for longer and was adapted more often in other media like the 90s show and the Raimi films. And also created conflict between Harry and Peter in the 70s, which the Gwen situation did not. But, like Gwen, MJ also seemed to be more interested in Peter (poor Harry.)

Honestly, I agree with Conway that it never made much sense for 60s MJ to exclusively date Harry. It just seemed like an easy way for Stan to keep her around the gang for a gag every so often. But MJ clearly didn't care to be in a relationship with anyone as established in her first few appearances. (Though I suppose you could argue that they just dated casually and Harry grew more attached.)

That's why I really couldn't buy MJ ever marrying Harry (such as in Life Story), but I can buy Gwen marrying Harry if Peter is out of the picture.
    Last edited by Spider-Tiger; 04-04-2024 at 09:40 AM.

On the one hand, it feels like it makes sense that if Peter and MJ weren't around Harry and Gwen would have become a couple. On the other, Harry and Gwen went to school together and seem to have known each other for a while before Peter met them. So you'd think if they were a natural couple they'd have started dating before Peter met them. Unless I suppose they only knew each other from a distance at school and got closer at university because they were semi-familiar faces.
    Petrus Maria Johannaque sunt nubendi

Makes me wonder what happened to Flash.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Dude, I get back here just to make a stupid joke, superficially check out some things, then leave lol.

I've stopped checking out comics since like an year after Zeb Wells' run started, since y'know, Zeb Wells' run is garbage, Krakoan era of X-Men was mostly insufferable, Hulk was garbage... F4 seemed alright though, but by that point I just didn't feel like keeping up with it... Is it still alright since the first issue?

I'll try to read it today, hopefully it's actually fun stuff and not just a basic story that pleases Spider-Marriage fans.
    The second issue is especially strong.

I'll also second the support for Ryan North's Fantastic Four. That is a great series.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Maybe he's married to Liz.

Fantastic Member Hurricane Billy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Could be. It might also be that Flash joined what ever sort of military or national defense force that the North American Union has/had?

That would be kind of funny .

Mighty Member

Possibly. If Peter wasn't Spider-man in high-school, Liz may have never broken things off with Flash.

probably drunk or dead
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Flash is a nerd Peter used to bully .

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    The second issue is especially strong.
    Yeah it's a pretty solid followup to the setup from the first issue, which was also damn good.

I'll also second the support for Ryan North's Fantastic Four. That is a great series.
    Yeah the first issue looked cool, but F4 is just something I have a mild interest on and too many other comics were crap so I dropped out of comics for a while, as usual lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Dude, I get back here just to make a stupid joke, superficially check out some things, then leave lol.

I've stopped checking out comics since like an year after Zeb Wells' run started, since y'know, Zeb Wells' run is garbage, Krakoan era of X-Men was mostly insufferable, Hulk was garbage... F4 seemed alright though, but by that point I just didn't feel like keeping up with it... Is it still alright since the first issue?

I'll try to read it today, hopefully it's actually fun stuff and not just a basic story that pleases Spider-Marriage fans.
    I agree completely with you here. Hulk has become horror nonsense. The X-Men are so out of character that it might as well be an Image comic. But this comic is very good. The story works well, the art is tight, and it is clear that Hickman is going somewhere interesting here. F4 is one of Marvel's most consistently amazing comic books. Ryan North could be an amazing writer for Spider-Man.