Page 23 of 125 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373123 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Granted compared to 616 Peter and MJ's relationship and interaction lately, this could also still be a breath of fresh air for comic fans. And even for fans who want an in-character MJ who is not a Superhero.

But probably a lot to juggle with Peter, the family, and the Spider-Man stuff.

I mean, I'm still going to wish they were writing/treating 616 Peter better.
    Depends how the spider-man/jackpot team up is handled

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I mean, I'm still going to wish they were writing/treating 616 Peter better.
    Why? They’re all just made up stories. You’re getting a married Spider-Man book. Why should you care what happens in the other one?

Mighty Member

Will ultimate Peter try to keep his powers a secret from MJ and the kids?

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    Depends how the spider-man/jackpot team up is handled
    Well, with Wells writing it...
    Quote Originally Posted by RJT View Post
    Why? They’re all just made up stories. You’re getting a married Spider-Man book. Why should you care what happens in the other one?
    Because I like 616 Peter?

Mighty Member

I wonder if there will be a ultimate Jackpot and if it will be either MJ or the daughter

Guardian of the Universe comicstar100's Avatar

So funny main universe and ultimate Spidey's have completely flipped since their creation. Things come full circle I guess. I'm all for the change. Let him move forward since that seems impossible in 616.

Will ultimate Peter try to keep his powers a secret from MJ and the kids?
    I wonder if there will be a ultimate Jackpot and if it will be either MJ or the daughter
    First the regular Jackpot run has to do well.

But I'll near guarantee if "Ultimate Jackpot" became a thing, and Peter and MJ became a crime fighting couple, the majority of people that complained about Mary Jane being a superhero would suddenly be talking about how awesome it was to watch MJ and Peter smacking down baddies together as a power couple. They'll accept a lot more things happening if Peter and MJ are happily together when it happens. So "Ultimate" probably wouldn't get half the backlash the 616 variant does because the people that decided they hate it or anything the 616 does with Peter or MJ because MJ and Pete aren't together will continue to. In an alt universe where they are together, it would probably get accepted with little to no backlash or creators dealing with constant bullying, threats, PMs, from so called 'fans'. It being 'alt reality' also would make them go 'at least it isn't 616 variant'. Which is unfair, but would likely happen. But that's just my opinion.
    Last edited by Majesty; 10-26-2023 at 06:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dornwolf View Post
    Okay I'll admit when Hickman said Peter B. I thought he was talking depressed guy needing to rebuild his life. Not Peter B., watch me try and take a picture of my childs first chase, Parker.
    I admit, I’m a little disappointed, I liked PBP better in the first Spider-Verse movie…

Though, maybe that’s why I actually like ASM now more than Spider-fans do.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I wonder what happened to others in Peter's supporting cast.

Harry.
    Gwen.
    Flash.
    Liz.
    Jonah.
    Betty.
    Glory.
    Robbie.
    Randy.
    Aunt May.
    Uncle Ben.
    Unless Hickman wants to use the Marisa Tomei version of May, I could see Aunt May strictly in the past tense ( like Uncle Ben). The characters I am interested in are Felicia ( no idea what her role would be) and Ben with Janine. Those two could serve as an anti Peter and MJ villainous couple.
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 10-26-2023 at 06:42 PM.

Spectacular Member 9AlphaOmega1's Avatar

This isn't a win, this is nothing more than a cop-out, the powers-to-be at Marvel is throwing slimmer of hope at fans who want the marriage back in the main, in order to calm the masses. Spider-Man RYV was a run that ran parallel to Dan Slott's run on ASM, I think he wrote both book if I mistaken, and the run did not run long and I'm expected this run to do the same. I wish that universe was explore more, to see different out come for those character of that universe. Don't get me wrong, I'm checking this out, to see how this Peter end up with his MJ, and to see why a "man" not an "child" experience receiving powers and what drives him to do this.

Regarding this most recent news. First, I'm sooooo glad it not going to be a Peter Parker who divorced from Liz Allen like I assumed. Second, the idea that Peter Parker is, presumably, bitten by the spider and becomes Spider-Man afterhe's already married to Mary Jane with kids? Not only does that reflect how, in the 616, Peter and MJ were set up as a blind date by their respective aunts, it also put the kibosh another reason Marvel used as a defense of One More Day, that MJ was only ever interested in Peter because he was also Spider-Man. If anything, this proves she would've loved Peter regardless, and they very likely would've gotten together sooner if he hadn't been Spider-Man when they first met.
    --Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow! and Viral Hare
    Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
    Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by 9AlphaOmega1 View Post
    This isn't a win, this is nothing more than a cop-out, the powers-to-be at Marvel is throwing slimmer of hope at fans who want the marriage back in the main, in order to calm the masses. Spider-Man RYV was a run that ran parallel to Dan Slott's run on ASM, I think he wrote both book if I mistaken, and the run did not run long and I'm expected this run to do the same. I wish that universe was explore more, to see different out come for those character of that universe. Don't get me wrong, I'm checking this out, to see how this Peter end up with his MJ, and to see why a "man" not an "child" experience receiving powers and what drives him to do this.
    This is the way I see it.

I'm definitely gonna read it but it feels like a distraction, especially since we don't really know how this story is gonna play out.

AMAZING outlasts any alternate universes and who knows how long this one will last.

YYYYYEEEEESSSS!!! Finally! I am so buying this. I don't care about 616 anymore. Ultimate Spidey is the only Spider-Man book I'm buying.

For the naysayers, I hope you support this.

Ultimate Spider-Man in the 2000s had a big influence because of how well that book did. We may have not have seen Spider-Man media revert to telling high school stories if not for Ultimate Spider-Man.

SUPPORT this book because it can translate into more ADAPTATIONS in movies and other media with a married Spider-Man. That can circle back and inform Marvel comics on this direction in the future. It can circle back to 616 eventually if this does well enough. The important thing is to make this book LAST and be a popular version of the character.
    Last edited by Vortex85; 10-26-2023 at 06:58 PM.

On one hand, it's always nice to see Peter actually...you know...happy.

On the other hand, and this is what makes it a bit annoying, why the hell couldn't we have this in 616? Especially after Spencer? Is Marvel's reluctance to bring them back together only because they can sell another book?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Coop View Post
    I'll be doing my part to help this comic sell. I wouldn't take a copy of ASM if they paid me. But I will be buying two copies of this
    I feel exactly the same way.