Page 101 of 125 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 1871

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    So who is giving the “great power” speech and buying the bullet in this universe?
    Mary Jane.

Because Marvel.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

So who is giving the “great power” speech and buying the bullet in this universe?
    I'd wager it being Jonah. But that's only if Hickman even decides to go that route.
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 02-26-2024 at 08:58 AM.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    After reading the second issue is it safe to assume that Peter doesn't have Spider sense? No way he is sucked like that it he did.
    Too early to know.

Could be he has it, but doesn't know it. Wouldn't it be a kick if the Stark suit tech blocks psychic attacks (both active and passive) from getting in or out of the suit? The spider-sense is along the lines of psy-abilities.

Then he figures out about the sense in civvy clothes and has to make the decision if its more valuable to have access to it by donning a cloth costume or staying in the Stark suit and not having access to it.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

You can kind of see the spider sense lines when he's facing Shocker, but Peter hasn't realized what that is yet so it's another thing we could see him figure out later on what it is

Does anyone really need to do this? I feel like the whole premise of the series makes it unnecessary.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurus View Post
    Does anyone really need to do this? I feel like the whole premise of the series makes it unnecessary.
    No one necessarily needs to die but he should have some motivation that drives him to be Spider-man beyond an “Obi-wan Kenobi” telling him he should.

Astonishing Member

With this whole investiganion they're starting, it's gonna be Ben or Jonah. Despite some concerns, there's not a single chance anyone from the family will be hurt, it will go against the very essence of this series and it will alienate the fanbase. They're will be fine, it's their story as well.
    I can see Ben still dying, but this time encouraging Peter to fight back against Maker's Council regime, to fight for the future and for what's right, despite any risk, etc. It fits this "let's get back out lives, that were stolen from us" narrative.
    Last edited by Morgoth; 02-26-2024 at 01:44 PM.

I do feel like there's a chance someone will bite it to really cement to Peter how serious this is.

I don't want to say he's treating it like a game right now but I don't think the full gravity of what it means to be Spider-Man has hit him yet.

I bet richard Peter never has any notable sons
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    Mary Jane.

Because Marvel.
    Do NOT give them ideas.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurus View Post
    I kind of agree here. I think killing JJJ or MJ/One of the kids would be extremely boring. It all depends on execution but conceptually it sounds lazy and predictable

That's the way I feel too. He's a dad and a husband and, per MJ, does a great job at both. He already gets "responsibility."

Incredible Member StarSpangledMan's Avatar

I don't think anyone needs to die for Peter to learn the lesson of responsibility (though a death may serve another narrative/character purpose). He's a grown man, he's married with kids, he's already responsible.

"But a core difference between Ultimate Spider-Man and the 60s stuff is that Amazing Fantasy #15 tells the story of a boy learning what it means to be good. Ultimate Spider-Man is the story of a man who knows what it is to be good but has finally learned to stop lying to himself."
    https://twitter.com/shuofsin/status/1744958148543234154

I think there's a difference between being responsible as a family man with a job compared to being a Superhero, that's part of the biggest problem Peter has always had because one has always interfered with another on-top of having to endure some of the numerous tragedies that hit him when he was starting out. Because peoples' lives are literally going to be in his hands.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StarSpangledMan View Post
    I don't think anyone needs to die for Peter to learn the lesson of responsibility (though a death may serve another narrative/character purpose). He's a grown man, he's married with kids, he's already responsible.

https://twitter.com/shuofsin/status/1744958148543234154
    That's a very interesting take.
    The spider is always on the hunt.