Page 69 of 126 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379119 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1890

I remember Unlimited because of the premise and Rino Romano .

It'd be kind of funny if Hickman pulls a Wells MJ with Aunt May.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Soon:

"The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Spectacular Member 9AlphaOmega1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    On alternative realities, unless they get enough time and popularity, dead always means dead.

I mean, MC2's Peter could have stayed dead, but this reality has so much love from fans, that Peter was brought back to life, so Mayday doesn't lose her dad.
    Also remember it was a what if story where the ending of the clone sage ended differently where baby May was alive. So technically the rules in 616 still applies to MC2 where a Spider shed it skin once, meaning Peter need to accept the Other to come back.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Soon:

Not soon enough.

Astonishing Member

Soon:

I can't stand the wait no more

Fantastic Member Hurricane Billy's Avatar

I still lean towards believing that the only survivors of the attack on NYC were the Ultimates and maybe people who were lucky enough to be inside the building. Anyone else in the blast zone are dead and wiped off the face of the earth with nothing remaining.

More importantly though, I'm just excited to finally be reading this soon.

Spectacular Member Trapgodthanos's Avatar

Out of all the new ultimate titles, this one is the least interesting to me. This could change but all the stuff they've showed has been stuff we've seen before elsewhere ( married peter, kids, hero Green goblin). Getting bit my the spider later in life is the most interesting aspect to me so far and j wonder how hickman will tackle it. Again this is still very early and we haven't even read a single word yet but so far I'm a little underwhelmed. I'm still going to read it because hickman has proven himself and the art is going to be amazing but I just want some more new concepts.

Soon:

Ooohhh, so serious .

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Ooohhh, so serious .
    This is serious business, Frontier!
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by Trapgodthanos View Post
    Out of all the new ultimate titles, this one is the least interesting to me. This could change but all the stuff they've showed has been stuff we've seen before elsewhere ( married peter, kids, hero Green goblin). Getting bit my the spider later in life is the most interesting aspect to me so far and j wonder how hickman will tackle it. Again this is still very early and we haven't even read a single word yet but so far I'm a little underwhelmed. I'm still going to read it because hickman has proven himself and the art is going to be amazing but I just want some more new concepts.
    Well, creatively speaking, I would argue that the main sales pitch for Ultimate Spider-Man is exploring what it would be like if Peter gains his powers and becomes a superhero as a full grown man, instead of when he's a teenager. It's just that, given all of the ongoing drama over what's currently happening across the pond with 616 Peter and Mary Jane, the marriage and kids aspect is being talked about far more prominently as a result.

Fantastic Member primenumber101's Avatar

That's a point of this run. The main aspect of this run is about not Spider-Man getting married with MH and have kids, but Peter become Spider-Man after he became adult, got married, and have kids and how becoming Spider-Man in later life would affect Peter's personal life.

Not to mention, the Earth 6160 is whole different than typical world setting with the world being manipulated into governed by the Maker.

Just nine more days to go!!!

Incredible Member

Small part of me wonders if this is still somehow connected to the original USM series. Obviously Marvel likes to reuse adjectives for titles and the Bagley variant showing an older USM cast is probably just for fun, but I can’t help but wonder.

I mean this is the USM universe as altered by The Maker, right? Then wouldn’t it technically be that Peter? I haven’t followed too much press on this book so I could be confused. Hickman on Spidey is the most exciting Marvel comic prospect since Hickman on X-Men so I knew I was in from the announcement. Hickman hasn’t done any podcasts or interviews touching on this book yet has he?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post
    Small part of me wonders if this is still somehow connected to the original USM series. Obviously Marvel likes to reuse adjectives for titles and the Bagley variant showing an older USM cast is probably just for fun, but I can’t help but wonder.

I mean this is the USM universe as altered by The Maker, right? Then wouldn’t it technically be that Peter? I haven’t followed too much press on this book so I could be confused. Hickman on Spidey is the most exciting Marvel comic prospect since Hickman on X-Men so I knew I was in from the announcement. Hickman hasn’t done any podcasts or interviews touching on this book yet has he?
    While Hickman hasn't done any interviews on this particular book so far, there's already been a completed mini-series (Ultimate Invasion) and prologue one shot (Ultimate Universe #1) released that establishes the new Ultimate Universe very clearly. This is an entirely different timeline apart from Earth-1610, it's Earth-6160.

Moreover, while we haven't seen Ultimate Spider-Man in action yet, we have already briefly met 6160 Peter Parker when he was a teenager in Ultimate Invasion #1. That scene makes it very clear that this new iteration of Peter is not just an off-shoot variant from 1610 Peter. For instance, rather than being with a teenage Mary Jane and Harry when he's bitten, 6160 Peter is actually meeting up with Liz Allen. Moreover, this iteration of Peter more closely resembles his traditional 616 teenage self than he does his 1610 counterpart.

That's not to say that there won't be other influences from the original Ultimate comics present in USM or the other titles in some capacity, beyond just this being a world that was completely remade by the Maker. But this isn't a return or a specific variation on the original 1610 timeline.
    Last edited by Hurricane Billy; 12-31-2023 at 11:55 PM.

There’s something more than what we’ve seen thus far. What the deal is with the suit variant covers for examples has yet to be revealed.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post

It’s not. The only character from the old Ultimate Universe who exists in this one is the Maker. This Peter Parker is a different variant of 616, not 1610.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    There’s something more than what we’ve seen thus far. What the deal is with the suit variant covers for examples has yet to be revealed.
    I bet it has something to do with that mystery plain all black proto Spidey suit that we've seen in one variant cover and the B&W background at the end of the YouTube trailer.