Page 29 of 126 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979 ... LastLast

As much as I'm loving the concept, it saddens me to agree with the opinion that this is indeed a statement from Marvel that we'll never see a happily married 616 Peter. I hope this sells much better than the Jackpot series; I need that small victory at least.

Quote Originally Posted by vhm74 View Post
    As much as I'm loving the concept, it saddens me to agree with the opinion that this is indeed a statement from Marvel that we'll never see a happily married 616 Peter. I hope this sells much better than the Jackpot series; I need that small victory at least.
    It's going to outsell the Jackpot one-shot. You need to aim a little bit higher. With all this attention and engagement, you want it to outsell ASM itself.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wally West View Post
    I just wish it was Earth 1610 Ultimate Peter Parker who is married to MJ. Had the comic continued in real time he would have been late 30s/early 40s now. Which is same age as the new version.
    The hook for this book is Peter getting powers after he is married with a family. It wouldn't work with a peter who has been spider-man all this time and already had those relationships formed.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    I can see Hickman giving Mayday powers, so Peter will be mentoring her, but it's definitely going to take some time before we get there.
    By the way, it would be interesting, if in the future (not neccessary in USM, I would like to see it anywhere where it's possible) there's a story similar to Morrison's Batman and Robin, where Miles as Spider-Man is mentoring Mayday. It would be pretty interesting dynamics.
    Miles mentoring Mayday would be interesting but If Miles and Mayday existed at the same time I would honestly prefer if it was the other way around. I don't know but I just prefer Mayday being older. Maybe that has to do with her debuting first

So we are indeed dealing with a monkey paw situation here. That’s not fair man.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    So we are indeed dealing with a monkey paw situation here. That’s not fair man.
    All I can say is that we had Dan Slott on here a few months back and he was asked outright how fans should go about getting the marriage back in the 616. His three steps were:

1. Unify behind a positive and massive letter & email writing campaign
    2. Petition for a pro-marriage AU book that Marvel would put out to gauge interest.
    3. Support that book and if it consistently hit high numbers and even outside ASM Marvel would absolutely take notice and chase the money.

Well...

If there EVER was a shot to getting what you want in the 616, this is the BEST opportunity that's come along in 15 years.

Put up or shut up time. It'll be the first Spider-Man comic this tired, old dog will be buying since "One More Day".
    Join the "Spider-Fam" Community! - Celebrating Love and Advocating for Our Hero to Beat the Devil! - https://discord.gg/VQ2mHzBBFu

Astonishing Member

I don't think this is a statement from Marvel. I mean, as great as this is, you can't really tell this story in 616 since Peter was bit as an adult. If this was a story Hickman initially planned for 616 like some fans are speculating, I think he would've still gave his Peter some history.

And even if it is somehow a statement from Marvel, it would only be a statement from Brevoort/Cebulski/Lowe. That doesn't really change anything. It still seems to be true that once those guys leave Marvel, you can undo OMD.

Quote Originally Posted by Garlador View Post
    If there EVER was a shot to getting what you want in the 616, this is the BEST opportunity that's come along in 15 years.

Put up or shut up time. It'll be the first Spider-Man comic this tired, old dog will be buying since "One More Day".
    That all assumes that Marvel would attribute the sales numbers to the marriage, and not something else like the super popular writer or other elements in the book.

Astonishing Member

If this book won't be supported because ''sorry, it's not canon, I only care about the main universe'', no offense and with all due respect, but fanbase won't have any right to complain about what they're doing with Spider-Man.
    This book is already given more attention, than Renew Your Vows ever was, and it's written by one of the biggest names industry currently has. That's the shot everybody asked for.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    If this book won't be supported because ''sorry, it's not canon, I only care about the main universe'', no offense and with all due respect, but fanbase won't have any right to complain about what they're doing with Spider-Man.
    This book is already given more attention, than Renew Your Vows ever was, and it's written by one of the biggest names industry currently has. That's the shot everybody asked for.
    This assumes that the marriage, without context, is the issue.

We still don't know a lot about the book, but the origin is clearly going to be different. And that is a big deal. It potentially changes the book at a fundamental level. Someone could be unhappy with that, even if they're pro-marriage.

Many elements go into why each reader like Spider-Man.

Hell, the book could just suck, Hickman or no.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    This is right.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post

We still don't know a lot about the book, but the origin is clearly going to be different. And that is a big deal. It potentially changes the book at a fundamental level. Someone could be unhappy with that, even if they're pro-marriage.

Many elements go into why each reader like Spider-Man.

Hell, the book could just suck, Hickman or no.
    It does feel a little outside Hickman's usual wheelhouse in terms of protagonists and style. He really doesn't do solo books.

There might be more typical "high concept" Hickman stuff than appears at first glance.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It does feel a little outside Hickman's usual wheelhouse in terms of protagonists and style. He really doesn't do solo books.

There might be more typical "high concept" Hickman stuff than appears at first glance.
    The fact that this sounds atypical of Hickman is interesting to me. We'll see if that ends up holding true once the series begins.

(I want to see all of Hickman's charts detailing Peter's life. You know Hickman made charts.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    The fact that this sounds atypical of Hickman is interesting to me. We'll see if that ends up holding true once the series begins.

(I want to see all of Hickman's charts detailing Peter's life. You know Hickman made charts.)
    The X-Men have turned me off on charts .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The X-Men have turned me off on charts .
    I want charts detailing Peter's whole life. I need those patented Hickman charts.