Page 18 of 126 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868118 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Peter just read my mind. Just how much does he have to keep suffering? That's not just cruel anymore, it's even pathetic!! He deserves better!!

As for the rumors about a "mid-life Peter Parker" as the Ultimate Spider-Man... I have some doubts about it.

1º) How can they make Peter an adult if Tony Stark is a kid here? I mean, Tony is older than Peter on most incarnations. So how can this be possible?

2º) They are going to make Peter an adult here, but I don't want them to make him like Peter B. Parker, from the Spider-Verse's movies. Don't get me wrong, he's a great character, but it seems like the "Parker's Curse" keeps haunting him even when he doesn't pretend to be a kid anymore. It has somekind of attitude that makes him seem... Embarrassing. Can't they just find a balance between the carefree youngster of his classic self and the grown-up man we want him to be without being haunted by classic "Parker's luck"?

3º) In this reality, the Maker stopped the spider from bitting Peter. How are they going to fix this here? I mean, they are going to go back in time and make it bite Peter again? And just how different is going to be Peter's life here? Some tragedies are inevitable in order for him to be really Spider-Man, but I don't want this Peter trapped in a "non-stop suffering" as usual.
    What does Tony stark have to do with spider man? Is your only exposure to the characters the mcu movies?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wally West View Post
    What does Tony stark have to do with spider man? Is your only exposure to the characters the mcu movies?
    Does the existence of the MCU make it any less true that Tony Stark is always portrayed as being older than Peter Parker and that the opposite is kind of jarring?

Fantastic Member

Peter B. is awesome, i'd love to read a solo comic about him. He doesn't remind me of ASM Peter at all, at most i see him as a critique of this persisting notion that Peter never wins, never gets lasting victories in life and what would naturally happen to a dude that gets beat down for so long with frustration. But the key difference is that he has an arc in the first movie that makes him grow into a man with totally new outlook on life, a family, no longer as jaded etc.

New Ultimate Peter can start out a totally beat-down screwed up bum, as long as i get to see him actually grow into an inspiring, aspirational hero who eventually gets his life together, preferably with a family, wife etc. i'll be satisfied with this book

Fantastic Member

Between this and the Insomniac game it's a strange and unusual time for my Spider-Man enjoyment. Normally it's not fun and there isn't much to look forward to but I am pretty stoked.

I think Hickman is a great writer for Spider-Man. Sometimes he gets his head stuck up his own ass with his charts and geopolitical machinations. But the family and character level stuff in his X-Men run was what kept me interested post House/Powers of X. So I think he is a good fit for Spider-Man in general. And having any Spider-Man title happening separate from the current editorial team is immensely interesting to me. So I am pretty optimistic about this despite not knowing anything.

Of course the last time I was excited about Spider-Man was Beyond issue #1 and that didn't go my way lol.

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Finally, a Spider-Man who’s the same age as his TRUE fanbase.
    Senior-Discount Spider-Man
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by Coop View Post
    Between this and the Insomniac game it's a strange and unusual time for my Spider-Man enjoyment. Normally it's not fun and there isn't much to look forward to but I am pretty stoked.

I think Hickman is a great writer for Spider-Man. Sometimes he gets his head stuck up his own ass with his charts and geopolitical machinations. But the family and character level stuff in his X-Men run was what kept me interested post House/Powers of X. So I think he is a good fit for Spider-Man in general. And having any Spider-Man title happening separate from the current editorial team is immensely interesting to me. So I am pretty optimistic about this despite not knowing anything.

Of course the last time I was excited about Spider-Man was Beyond issue #1 and that didn't go my way lol.
    I think Hickman can write good character dynamics/relationships but other times his characters come off so clinical and up their own butt.

It should be interesting to see how he approaches Spider-Man.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Ultimate Spider-Man variants:

"The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Variants Continued:

"The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

I'm taking the regular, Black Suit, Ben Reilly and the David Marquez variants. I'm glad Peter will finally have a good ongoing.

So they are variants, hah! Might mean they don’t offer any clue about 6160 Peter. I’m not ruling out my guess that this Peter will have a history of being Spider-Man in secret however. Time travel is how Tony and Reed rescued Cap, it would make sense that it also plays a role in reempowering Peter.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I just noticed the Daily Bugle is in the background.

Wonder how Hickman might use them...data pages?

Astonishing Member

There's another option - the reason they're showing all these variants is because somehow 6160 Peter will see or maybe even experience their lives through Multiverse (maybe Council of Spider-Man from Amazing Fantasy #1000 will play a role here), so he can understand, what kind of hero he has to become, or something like that.

Fantastic Member

Kinda wish the variants weren't of the suit partially shifting but I am definitely picking up the Ben cover and possibly the Symbiote.

Need Midtown to update their site so I know which ones I am ordering lol
    Last edited by Coop; 10-19-2023 at 06:06 AM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    There's another option - the reason they're showing all these variants is because somehow 6160 Peter will see or maybe even experience their lives through Multiverse (maybe Council of Spider-Man from Amazing Fantasy #1000 will play a role here), so he can understand, what kind of hero he has to become, or something like that.
    Well i'll be darned if that ain't a Hickman kind of plot.

To be honest I do wonder whether Peter starting out older will harm his effectiveness because a lot of Peter's fighting experience and skill came from being young, raw, and gaining experience over time as he grew up.