Page 77 of 125 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 1870
    Astonishing Member

Every single advance review I’ve seen has been overwhelmingly positive, saying the first issue exceeded expectations and that they are even more excited for the series, which has the potential to run for a long time if they keep up the promise of the premise. I’ve never seen such unanimous advance, non-cynical love for a #1 before. Jaded comic book fans and retailers are gushing.

I’m sure some people will turn up their nose at the issue, but indications from people from different corners of the internet are that the issue is really enjoyable and they are even more enthusiastic for the continuing story and the world being built.
    Last edited by TinkerSpider; 01-08-2024 at 10:36 AM.
    “I always figured if I were a superhero, there’s no way on God's earth that I'm gonna pal around with some teenager."

— Stan Lee

Fantastic Member Hurricane Billy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    Every single advance review I’ve seen has been overwhelmingly positive, saying the first issue exceeded expectations and that they are even more excited for the series, which has the potential to run for a long time if they keep up the promise of the premise. I’ve never seen such unanimous advance, non-cynical love for a #1 before. Jaded comic book fans and retailers are gushing.

I’m sure some people will turn up their nose at the issue, but indications from people from different corners of the internet are that the issue is really enjoyable and they are even more enthusiastic for the continuing story and the world being built.
    I've only seen one review so far personally, but yes, it was a rather glowing review. If it's alright to ask, where would I go to see more reviews?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Billy View Post
    I've only seen one review so far personally, but yes, it was a rather glowing review. If it's alright to ask, where would I go to see more reviews?
    I’ve done searches on Twitter, Threads, BlueSky, Facebook and YouTube primarily. I didn’t save the links, sorry!
    “I always figured if I were a superhero, there’s no way on God's earth that I'm gonna pal around with some teenager."

— Stan Lee

Astonishing Member

Can you post the link?

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    Can you post the link?

This is the only one I've seen so far. Again, a very positive review, though he's very careful to avoid going into spoilers and doesn't show any interior art from the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    This comic is going to sell well isn’t it ?
    Yeah

6CF38B6B-250A-4EB1-B6DB-FE5DB09883D5.jpg
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

This is the only one I've seen so far. Again, a very positive review, though he's very careful to avoid going into spoilers and doesn't show any interior art from the book.
    Thanks a bunch!

I'm not expecting it to do the numbers of the original run but I think it could do solid sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm not expecting it to do the numbers of the original run but I think it could do solid sales.
    Industry is a very different place than it was 25 years ago.

(Yes, I know it was 24 years ago, but let's round it to a nice 25, lol.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Industry is a very different place than it was 25 years ago.

(Yes, I know it was 24 years ago, but let's round it to a nice 25, lol.)
    Yeah, I don't think there's any book today that's doing the same sort of numbers today that it was doing 25 years ago.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Well, I mean Slott said on these very forums that the best way to push for an older, married Peter is to prove it in the sales and the letters….I’d say these reviews are a good indication of what peoples thoughts are.

I hope it sells well.

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Well, I mean Slott said on these very forums that the best way to push for an older, married Peter is to prove it in the sales and the letters….I’d say these reviews are a good indication of what peoples thoughts are.

I hope it sells well.
    Indeed. There seems to be a very palpable enthusiasm and excitement in the fandom for Ultimate Spider-Man and the like of which I haven't really seen in quite a long time.

Actually, the last time I can think of that could compare to the attention we're seeing for USM would maybe be back when it was announced that Hickman was being given the keys to the kingdom for everything X-Men ahead of the launch of the Krakoa era.

Mighty Member

Maybe ultimate will replace 616

if this dont sell well then my opinion of this fandom will only get lower
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post

I hope it sells well.
    Strong sales, positive reviews, reader and fan excitement... The combo is certainly there. The real test will be if that momentum can be maintained month-to-month. If the quality is there, I think that's a very good sign.

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    Maybe ultimate will replace 616
    This I doubt. Though I guess this depends on what you mean by "replace". It's already replaced ASM in my pull list. But Marvel will never do away with the 616 version. It has too much history and is tied to too many other major 616 events and characters, for better or worse.

However, I recall this exact same question asked when the original Ultimate line launched, and there was talk for a time that might be the case. What did end up happening was a significant amount of media started to pull from the Ultimate universe - a lot of MCU content is directly lifted from the Ultimate line - so it's not unreasonable to assume we'll see the relaunch affect future projects in other media.
    Last edited by Garlador; 01-09-2024 at 07:53 AM.
    Join the "Spider-Fam" Community! - Celebrating Love and Advocating for Our Hero to Beat the Devil! - https://discord.gg/VQ2mHzBBFu