Page 9 of 125 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Ultimate Invasion 4 doesn’t hint at all about who will be Spider-Man. Guessing we’re waiting for NYCC.

My own hunch with spoilers for UI: spoilers:
    Hickman’s revamp of the 6160 Marvel Universe is utterly weird to the point yet I can’t see Spidey being anyone but Peter. There’s no F4 and it doesn’t look like there ever will be since they’re dead and 6160 Reed is a heroic Dr. Doom. Tony is Iron Lad instead of Iron Man. They’re going to need an anchor book that is at least somewhat familiar and I expect that is what USM will be. It will be college aged Peter becoming Spider-Man in somewhat traditional adventures to get ease people into this new universe. Maybe Uncle Ben will be long dead or maybe they’ll take a page out of the MCU and it will just be Aunt May this time - maybe even have her be the one who dies. I think Peter will have been groomed to be a technocrat like the ones who run the 6160 Earth, and his story will be about rebelling against that.
    end of spoilers
    Your last sentence in the spoiler section would be a very interesting premise to run with, and somewhat reminds me of Spider-Man 2099 in its original premise.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Your last sentence in the spoiler section would be a very interesting premise to run with, and somewhat reminds me of Spider-Man 2099 in its original premise.
    Can somebody please explain me what happened on this arc? I mean, I know the Maker went back in time and created a reality of his own, changing the past and removing several heroes from ever existing, like Spider-Man. After that, I don't get what happened next and what changes he made.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Can somebody please explain me what happened on this arc? I mean, I know the Maker went back in time and created a reality of his own, changing the past and removing several heroes from ever existing, like Spider-Man. After that, I don't get what happened next and what changes he made.
    He took over the world and formed the Ultimate Illuminati. Publicly the world is ruled by various factions of technocrats and superhumans. Secretly however everyone is working for the Maker. It’s a 1984 scenario where they occasionally stage wars with real casualties to keep people from uniting against them because humans need enemies. The mini tells the story of how it all fell apart thanks to Howard Stark and 6160 Reed Richards sabotaging the Maker.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Considering the way Ultimate Invasion ends, and that Hickman himself admitted he wasn't interested in writing Spider-Man until "he found a way he had never considered before" I'm gonna take a guess and say Ultimate Spider-Man will be something completely out of left field. Zero chance Hickman is doing a traditional Spider-Man book.

Astonishing Member

Did Hickman say he had no interest in writing Spider-Man, oe just ASM?

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    I think it was Amazing Spider-Man that he did not want to write.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

This was Hickman's quote:

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Hickman
    I'm working on another book for Marvel right now that I swore I would never work on. The sole reason why I'm doing it is that there was a way into it that I had never considered before, I found it, and now I'm having the time of my life working on it. How long will that last? I don't know. And I'll definitely quit when I stop feeling that."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reddead View Post
    This was Hickman's quote:
    He isn't saying he had no interest in writing Spider-Man. Just that he initially had no interest writing this particular book.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

He isn't saying he had no interest in writing Spider-Man. Just that he initially had no interest writing this particular book.
    And if he gets bored he'll drop it immediatly

Astonishing Member

He took over the world and formed the Ultimate Illuminati. Publicly the world is ruled by various factions of technocrats and superhumans. Secretly however everyone is working for the Maker. It’s a 1984 scenario where they occasionally stage wars with real casualties to keep people from uniting against them because humans need enemies. The mini tells the story of how it all fell apart thanks to Howard Stark and 6160 Reed Richards sabotaging the Maker.
    Thanks for the info. I wonder how they are going to restore Spider-Man in this reality.

Incredible Member

Considering 2 of Spidey's Big Bads (Norman and Otto) are pretty much technocrats in their own right, I wouldn't be at all surprise to see one of them gunning for a spot on the Ultimate Illuminati.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Multiverse View Post
    Considering 2 of Spidey's Big Bads (Norman and Otto) are pretty much technocrats in their own right, I wouldn't be at all surprise to see one of them gunning for a spot on the Ultimate Illuminati.
    That would make sense. Hell, during Dark Reign, 616 Norman Osborn formed his own Illuminati called the Cabal.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Multiverse View Post
    Yeah my theory is those two will snap over the Illuminati carving up “their” territory, and most of the rest of Spidey’s Rogues will be science experiments gone wrong.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

https://x.com/mchecc/status/17056356...487sLx_4UoiJsQ
    Play or reference? �� #PS5Share, #MarvelsSpiderManRemastered
    Well Checchetto is using Peter as a reference and has changed his PFP to Peter for what it’s worth with regards to the “who will be USM” debate.

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

So Peter with the traditional suit like in the second print of Ultimate Invasion #1 ? Or he’s just messing with us.