Page 126 of 126 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126
Results 1,876 to 1,876 of 1876
    Fantastic Member Hurricane Billy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Otto being a deconstruction of Dikto Peter would be a cool approach.
    It's such a deliberate and unique character design choice to go in with Otto visually that I have to think it's intentional. Besides, Otto has generally been something of a dark mirror to Peter as a loner and science nerd, to the point that his most revered comic story of the past decade revolved around the idea of Otto becoming Spider-Man.

Plus with USM being set in a dystopian world where an authoritarian regime rules the planet from the shadows via an assortment of puppet governments and subsequent oligarchies all conspiring together on various levels to maintain the illusion of normalcy, it's not exactly a stretch to imagine an Otto Octavius working for a tech company like Oscorp as a means of his pursuit of his own "rational self-interest and personal satisfaction" and then eventually turning coat from his rebellious employers to potentially either work on his own accord or work for a status quo oligarch as a means of preserving his ongoing endeavors in science and tech. Which would fit in with the brief snippet we've seen of 6160 Otto so far in him being very quick and willing to sign a new and more brutal NDA for Gwen as a means of him continuing to get to "play with new toys."

And yeah I definitely expect a face concealing helmet, that’s kind of Hickman’s aesthetic
    Definitely. I hadn't been considering the chances of such a design popping up for any of the Spidey Rogues Gallery, but after sitting on it for a bit, it'd make plenty of sense if that's what we're getting with 6160 Doc Ock. Hell, the Maker's helmet is actually shaped similarly to that of an octopus' head.

EDIT:

Guys, I just had an epiphany.

Harry and/or Gwen are probably going to eventually use their resources at Oscorp to create the 6160 Sinister Six as their own spin on the Ultimates in order to have a team of supers who are capable of fighting back against the Maker's Council.
    Last edited by Hurricane Billy; 04-28-2024 at 11:57 AM.