Page 65 of 125 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member Crazyspideyfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    I just noticed that the image on the screen in the background of the latest USM variant (where it says Lee InHyuk after Joe Quesada) is Ultimate Spider-Man in a mirrored version of the pose seen in this image of Ben Reilly in his Beyond costume:

There was actually a Peter version of this cover which was a variant for issue 1 of Wells’ run, which is what they’re mirroring in the background, I would post the photo here but it never works good on mobile lol

Incredible Member

Please don't suck. That's all I ask for.

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    Please don't suck. That's all I ask for.
    Unless he sells his wife and family out to the devil to get Aunt May back, or MJ leaves him for a doofus who accidentally blew up his home planet, my standards of “better than that” feel like they’ll be met.
    Join the "Spider-Fam" Community! - Celebrating Love and Advocating for Our Hero to Beat the Devil! - https://discord.gg/VQ2mHzBBFu

Quote Originally Posted by Garlador View Post
    Unless he sells his wife and family out to the devil to get Aunt May back, or MJ leaves him for a doofus who accidentally blew up his home planet, my standards of “better than that” feel like they’ll be met.
    But what if he sells out his wife and kids to a doofus who accidentally blew up his home world?

Nah, he'll sell his family for world-building .

Fantastic Member Hurricane Billy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Nah, he'll sell his family for world-building .
    Oh now you're just being silly, Frontier! That's what the Hickman charts are for!

I would buy his family for a dolar.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by out of control View Post
    I would buy his family for a dolar.
    They cost $6 for the first issue and $5 for the following issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    That and my Spider-Man #1 that
    It's weird to think that I was only two years older than Ultimate Peter was when USM debuted, and now I'm close to the new Ultimate Peter's age.
    I had a similar thought in mind.

Next USM comes out in 20 years, and new Spidey is 60.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Astonishing Member

Hey, do you think Frank Castle still has his family here? I suppose the Maker, in order to stop the heroes from appearing, he had to save Castle's family from being murdered.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Hey, do you think Frank Castle still has his family here? I suppose the Maker, in order to stop the heroes from appearing, he had to save Castle's family from being murdered.
    Can't wait for Tony, Reed, Thor and Sif to murder Frank's family in cold blood in order to ensure the Punisher exists /j

For real though, depending on the interpretation, it's likely Frank would still become a murdering psychopath even if his family wasn't murdered. Maybe that's the angle they go with

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post
    Can't wait for Tony, Reed, Thor and Sif to murder Frank's family in cold blood in order to ensure the Punisher exists /j

For real though, depending on the interpretation, it's likely Frank would still become a murdering psychopath even if his family wasn't murdered. Maybe that's the angle they go with
    I don't think so. I mean, Castle clearly didn't leave the war behind when he returned home, but at least his family was an anchor that kept him from going out of control.

There has been several What If...? showing how Castle would have eventually lived a normal life if his family was still alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I don't think so. I mean, Castle clearly didn't leave the war behind when he returned home, but at least his family was an anchor that kept him from going out of control.

There has been several What If...? showing how Castle would have eventually lived a normal life if his family was still alive.
    Ennis’ take is that he was just looking for an excuse. Right before his family was murdered, Frank actually told his wife he was reenlisting and would divorce her if that’s what she wanted. So 6160 Frank might still pick up his guns even if his family was alive.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Ennis’ take is that he was just looking for an excuse. Right before his family was murdered, Frank actually told his wife he was reenlisting and would divorce her if that’s what she wanted. So 6160 Frank might still pick up his guns even if his family was alive.
    And the more recent take, however controversial it might have been, was that he had been manipulated his whole life by the Hand to shape him into the perfect host for the Hand's demon god The Beast, feeding and nurturing his murderous tendencies and talents.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Fantastic Member Hurricane Billy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    There's also the very real chance that the Maker or someone else in the Illuminati has either recruited 6160 Frank as a go-to hitman for the organization's plans, or had him killed. Or for that matter, maybe even someone like Kingpin too. After all, Earth-6160 is a world where Reed Richards is Doctor Doom and the other would-be members of the Fantastic Four are all long dead. There's no guarantee that we'll see a living and active 6160 Frank Castle as the Ultimate Punisher here.

Swerving back over to talking about Ultimate Spider-Man though- I wonder if we'll be seeing a promo interview from Hickman or Checchetto soon for the book? I'm kinda surprised that hasn't happened yet!