Page 5 of 125 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by hobnob View Post
    Confused at why you'd want MJ as Black Cat.
    Well, it's an attractive idea to me, especially after what happened in the Beyond issue of "Mary Jane & Black Cat".

616-Zero you say?

Sounds like laying the groundwork for a full blown reboot of the main universe.
    No it’s a whole ‘nother universe. Earth 6160 is the new Ultimate Universe as opposed to the old one of 1610. It’s a reboot without rebooting.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I wonder if this is going to be about Peter, Miles, or someone completely new.
    good question guess we gotta wait for the end of ultimate invasion
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

Great creative team. Will add to my pull list providing it's Peter Parker.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I wonder if this is going to be about Peter, Miles, or someone completely new.
    I'm hoping it's about Peter. He REALLY needs a good comic right now.

Astonishing Member

I wouldn't use the term reboot. Entirely new Ultimate Universe. One the Maker altered.

We don't know who Ultimate Kang is yet.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    No it’s a whole ‘nother universe. Earth 6160 is the new Ultimate Universe as opposed to the old one of 1610. It’s a reboot without rebooting.
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    I wouldn't use the term reboot. Entirely new Ultimate Universe. One the Maker altered.

We don't know who Ultimate Kang is yet.
    I know how it works, but 6160? They could have picked any number and they picked "Six One Six Zero"?

There's no way that doesn't mean something bigger.

I think they'll reboot 616. And it'll make me sad.

Astonishing Member

I know how it works, but 6160? They could have picked any number and they picked "Six One Six Zero"?

They're not rebooting 616.

6160 already debutted in Ultimate Invasion 1.

I'm not sure they'll ever really reboot 616. I mean technically OMD created an alternate timeline...but they still consider it 616 and ignore the logistics.

Astonishing Member

They never hard rebooted 616. OMD is alterations to Peters personal timeline.

Thinking about this more, it's a really interesting decision.

Hickman is one of the top writers at comics. He's really important to Marvel after acclaimed runs on the Avengers and the Fantastic Four, as well as his relaunch of the X-Men. GODS is a new corner to play with, reminding me of Bendis/ Gaydos' Alias, BKV/ Alphona's Runaways (holy ****, that was 20 years ago!) and Busiek/ Bagley's Thunderbolts.

He also spends a lot of creative energy on independent projects. He's prolific, with some really high profile unfinished comics, but he could pick any assignment he wanted.

So why Ultimate Spider-Man? He may very well like Spidey, but if he wanted to be the top choice after Wells, he'd get it, with a promise to write ASM #1000.

Perhaps this is a set-up to that, but it's a weird choice, especially for a series that doesn't immediately appear to fit his sensibility. He hasn't featured young protagonists.

Granted, we don't know what this series is going to be like. Maybe it's a new Spider-Man. Maybe Peter Parker is in his 30s, having grown in real time since Ultimate Spider-Man #1.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post

Hickman is one of the top writers at comics. He's really important to Marvel after acclaimed runs on the Avengers and the Fantastic Four, as well as his relaunch of the X-Men. GODS is a new corner to play with, reminding me of Bendis/ Gaydos' Alias, BKV/ Alphona's Runaways (holy ****, that was 20 years ago!) and Busiek/ Bagley's Thunderbolts.

He also spends a lot of creative energy on independent projects. He's prolific, with some really high profile unfinished comics, but he could pick any assignment he wanted.

So why Ultimate Spider-Man? He may very well like Spidey, but if he wanted to be the top choice after Wells, he'd get it, with a promise to write ASM #1000.

Perhaps this is a set-up to that, but it's a weird choice, especially for a series that doesn't immediately appear to fit his sensibility. He hasn't featured young protagonists.

Granted, we don't know what this series is going to be like. Maybe it's a new Spider-Man. Maybe Peter Parker is in his 30s, having grown in real time since Ultimate Spider-Man #1.
    The closest Hickman got to young (or younger) protagonists was the original Secret Warriors, an underground team of "Caterpillars," as codenamed and recruited by Nick Fury (Sr.) to be covert operatives for him following the realization that S.H.I.E.L.D. was effectively a branch of HYDRA masquerading as a global counterterrorism/intelligence agency all along.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post

It's not Eaeth 1610 Peter.

Fantastic Member Crazyspideyfan's Avatar

Oh my god I could have never expected this, Hickman on a Spidey title is super exciting, even more since this is a new Ultimate Universe

I'll probably have better predictions depending on how Ultimate Invasion finishes up, but as of right now I don't think it would be Peter under the mask since the Maker took the time to remove him from destiny. Potentially Miles but since he already reneged on going back when Maker invited him the first time, I suspect U. Reed would take measures to ensure a new Miles wouldn't become Spider-man either. Going off of the current crop of 6160 heroes it would probably be some sort of wild card, maybe a older hero like Uncle Ben or Robbie Robertson.