Page 6 of 125 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Maker’s changes to the timelines are almost guaranteed to be undone. Right now 6160 never had a Captain America, but we see that it will post Ultimate Invasion. Maker even has a Time Machine right now that Howard Stark is involved with, something is definitely going to happen at the end of Ultimate Invasion that resets the Universe.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Maker’s changes to the timelines are almost guaranteed to be undone. Right now 6160 never had a Captain America, but we see that it will post Ultimate Invasion. Maker even has a Time Machine right now that Howard Stark is involved with, something is definitely going to happen at the end of Ultimate Invasion that resets the Universe.
    I don't think Earth-6160 ever had a Captain America to begin with. The Maker went looking for him in #2 but there was no Steve Rogers on ice. Perhaps the Time Machine causes Captain America to come into existence?

"The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    I don't think Earth-6160 ever had a Captain America to begin with. The Maker went looking for him in #2 but there was no Steve Rogers on ice. Perhaps the Time Machine causes Captain America to come into existence?

Kang being involved makes it likely that he’s the one who nabbed Cap from history to save him from Maker for his own purpose.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Kang being involved makes it likely that he’s the one who nabbed Cap from history to save him from Maker for his own purpose.
    In fact, in Ultimate Invasion #2 and #3 there are several "Captains America" among Kang's Army.

Fantastic Member Crazyspideyfan's Avatar

I love the way Checchetto draws Spidey, most of his Spidey work is all of 616 Peter so it’s gonna be interesting to see what the visual difference will be with this new take, if it’s back to origin, maybe even someone completely new taking the mantle, etc

Hickman doesn't usually do solo books. I bet Peter will end up with a group of other heroes in short order... just like in the last three cartoons (in Ultimate he led a team of Iron Fist, Power Man, Nova, and White Tiger, in the next Spider-Man series he had Miles, Gwen and Anya, and in Spidey and his Amazing Friends he has Miles and Gwen and regularly teams up with others like Black Panther, Hulk, and Ms. Marvel). Just can't see it being Peter on his own.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I wonder if Spidey will be a secret agent or assassin. That seems like something Hickman would do since it lets him globe-hop and worldbuild.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if Spidey will be a secret agent or assassin. That seems like something Hickman would do since it lets him globe-hop and worldbuild.
    That would be cool.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    The closest Hickman got to young (or younger) protagonists was the original Secret Warriors, an underground team of "Caterpillars," as codenamed and recruited by Nick Fury (Sr.) to be covert operatives for him following the realization that S.H.I.E.L.D. was effectively a branch of HYDRA masquerading as a global counterterrorism/intelligence agency all along.
    It could very well be that Hickman wants to do Spider-Man because he wants to do something that's outside of his wheelhouse.

I think with this he's making a major stamp on most of the major franchises, with major runs on a SHIELD spin-off, the Ultimates, the Fantastic Four, the Avengers and the X-Men, and now this version of Spider-Man, in addition to his own corner with GODS.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    It could very well be that Hickman wants to do Spider-Man because he wants to do something that's outside of his wheelhouse.

I think with this he's making a major stamp on most of the major franchises, with major runs on a SHIELD spin-off, the Ultimates, the Fantastic Four, the Avengers and the X-Men, and now this version of Spider-Man, in addition to his own corner with GODS.
    Alternatively he's going to fit Spider-Man into something more in his wheelhouse.

*Green Face*

I hope not. Grayson Volume 2... ug.

Astonishing Member

Assuming Hickman wants to stay in the spirit of Spider-Man (and I imagine he would have done another character if this version in no way resembles Spider-Man - Hickman is big enough that he doesn't need the Spider-Man IP to tell original stories), I doubt he would something like that. Hickman is a smart guy and knows there's a difference between Spider-Man and other IP he's written.

I see some people worrying over this, but I think it's like when Nolan was a consultant on MoS and some thought he would turn Superman into some realistic gymnast. Come on guys... they're smart creators and they know the difference.
    Last edited by Kaitou D. Kid; 09-21-2023 at 01:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    Assuming Hickman wants to stay in the spirit of Spider-Man (and I imagine he would have done another character if this version in no way resembles Spider-Man - Hickman is big enough that he doesn't need the Spider-Man IP to tell original stories), I doubt he would something like that. Hickman is a smart guy and knows there's a difference between Spider-Man and other IP he's written.

I see some people worrying over this, but I think it's like when Nolan was a consultant on MoS and some thought he would turn Superman into some realistic gymnast. Come on guys... they're smart creators and they know the difference.
    I prefer your thinking on this

Hickman has said he would like to do a solo book. He got put on team books because that’s where Marvel wanted him to go, he didn’t ask for Ultimates, Avengers, or F4. Marvel wanted him to write “big” books and at Marvel those are the team books - with Spidey as the one exception. If he’s writing a Spider-Man book it will be a solo book, and of course he might be writing Ultimates too.

This is gonna shred

Hickman is a big Bendis-head, so I expect it to be at least somewhat reverential to what came before. Also, this is a Wil Moss joint, who helped out on Hickman's Avengers/New avengers, and did like the last 10+ years of Hulk/Thor/Black Panther.

They're aiming high, is my point