Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This issue was okay, it really felt like all of this could've happened in issue one but then again that is the nature of serialized comics sometimes. I have to agree with the others saying this is Duggan's weakest book right now, I'm really enjoying X-Men and Iron Man.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

- I liked this issue more than most
    - why does Pietro look like he’s 12?
    - Pietro felt a little out of character but I loved the slappable face line
    - I very much dislike Deadpool in general but liked him here
    - mutants calling for Cap stepping down was good

Solid B+ from me
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Seems Cap. K will be unmasked in the last issue, so need to wait till end of the year.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post
    The issue really landed for me. I think it's the urgency this book carries--it MOVES, unlike this week's Dark X-Men. Art's delightful

The deadpool scene...I read it as fighting on the back foot vs fighting to win. Rogue is thinking of POTENTIAL risks with losing Cap and the last shreds of public favor with him, while Deadpool is very much "Captain Krak's whooping us right now. Who cares about tomorrow? We need to be at 100% fighting force now!" It also didn't read too mysogynistic to me since it's a pansexual man speaking, but ymmw

Everything w the Struckers is gross and fantastic. Duggan clearly having a ball lmao
    Pansexual men can’t be misogynistic??

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    - I liked this issue more than most
    - why does Pietro look like he’s 12?
    - Pietro felt a little out of character but I loved the slappable face line
    - I very much dislike Deadpool in general but liked him here
    - mutants calling for Cap stepping down was good

Solid B+ from me
    I'm with you on liking this issue and I'm confused as to why everyone dislikes it so much. To each their own I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    I'm with you on liking this issue and I'm confused as to why everyone dislikes it so much. To each their own I guess...
    Agreed. It’s very good. Criticisms might be because of something as simple as there being less action scenes than the first issue and more dialogue. You can feel the story building. The friction also makes sense. Mutants aren’t automatically going to be high fiving Avengers as their new BFFs and going for cocktails. Deadpool here had an important role in telling the X-Men to not put up such a wall and consider that working with cap is advantageous. Very good issue.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    I enjoyed last issue, this one sadly less so. It felt a bit rushed and underdeveloped in some spaces.

For a quick review, we pick up from the preview pages with the fight between the new Brotherhood and the Unity Squad. Natasha saves Steve, but overall the Brotherhood seem to have the advantage. poor Monet keeps getting knocked around and Rogue weirdly disappears the whole fight without explanation Also they've stolen one of the X-Men's jets too, those jerks.

Psylocke tries to get information from one of the Orchis soldiers, unfortunately he has a psi-blocker and isn't a snitch, so he pops a cyanide capsule hidden in his teeth to die with his secrets.

Then we get a really confusing scene where Rogue stages a psudeo-coup and takes the reigns of the operation and Steve gets upset by this. Which is weird, because number one the argument is more about if Steve dies in the field which he can do as a leader or member and number two Steve never had issues with passing leadership to Havok in volume 1 or Rogue in volume 3. So... not sure where this argument is coming from. Then DP makes a joke about the X-Men being losers and that genocide is their norm.

I get the feeling we're supposed to think DP is right, but he just comes off as insufferable in a not funny way.

The last half of the issue has Captain Krakoa sleep with Andrea and threatening her if she exposes his identity, meanwhile Steve talks to Ulrich about Orchis.

That's... pretty much it, not much happened in this one. Overall, it's a heavy Captain America and set up focused issue. Not really what I wanted for issue 2 sadly and the forced drama was frustrating. Curious what other readers thought on it were though.
    I didn't mind Cap shirtless and looking like a hunk. Other than that.......

Watching the Engagement for the X-Franchise practically be cut in Half since Fall of X started is rather depressing...and evidence that readers simply are not as Excited to Discuss the Franchise.

Not surprising tbh.

Hydra Cap is almost definitely who is in the Capt K Cosplay...Blob is back to being a Moron who is Easily Used and Manipulated...at least he had his Bar in the Krakoan Age, and in Age of X-Man he had a breakout role where he really grew in just a few issues...but nope...Blob is an easily used Puppet who believes Psylocke (a gd Captain of Krakoa's Military ffs) is the Terrorist...rather than Capt Krakoa...whose face he has never seen...and who has recruited Ruthless Murderers....

This level of poor characterization is why I can no longer read Duggan's current work...he honestly does not seem to care unless it was his idea right now.

Edit - just looked at December solicitations....so...this is now a MINI-SERIES of just 5 Issues...and Captain Krakoa...*omg* he has BLONDE HAIR.......lolololololol....yeah...I would say that Marvel upper Management is PISSED at the X-Editors...hence why Brevoort is being sent in to see if he can help steady the, yet again, sinking franchise.

The "Mutant Civil War" in X-Men Red will also be over in Issue #18...

THIS is EXACTLY what happened in the months AFTER Age of X-Man when it was clear that readers were Rejecting the direction the X-Editors and Matt Rosenberg were going...which was A LOT like the current Fall of X status quo....

And what I mean...they wrapped up storylines planned for 12+ issues down to 4-6....bc that is how Badly it was Selling.

This amount of Negativity...you know....Having the BIGOTS Commit a FALSE FLAG Terrorist Attack againt a Minority Group and Slaughter Politicians invited to Celebrate their Diversity... And LITERALLY be Deputized with National Authority to Murder any "Mutant" they find.......it will Not Sell in the current landscape.

And tbh...I got pretty gd angry typing out what a Group of People Believed was a GREAT IDEA..............the lack of Awareness by the X-editors is looking worse every week.

spoilers:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    UNCANNY AVENGERS #5 (OF 5)

CAPTAIN KRAKOA – UNMASKED!
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by gambit2051; 09-23-2023 at 06:42 PM.
    If you are going to refute, you need to do your own research.

I don’t think that anything if Fall of X was ever meant to be more than 5 months long. FoX is more so a line wide overarching event rather than the year’s status quo. Nothing was cut down due to sales or interest as we’ve known for months now that all of these books were minis rather than ongoings.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I don’t think that anything if Fall of X was ever meant to be more than 5 months long. FoX is more so a line wide overarching event rather than the year’s status quo. Nothing was cut down due to sales or interest as we’ve known for months now that all of these books were minis rather than ongoings.
    Yeah, we knew the new books were minis and a checklist for Fall of X was released a couple of months ago. https://mlpnk72yciwc.i.optimole.com/...o-jpg-0030.jpg
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by gambit2051 View Post
    Watching the Engagement for the X-Franchise practically be cut in Half since Fall of X started is rather depressing...and evidence that readers simply are not as Excited to Discuss the Franchise.

Not surprising tbh.

Hydra Cap is almost definitely who is in the Capt K Cosplay...Blob is back to being a Moron who is Easily Used and Manipulated...at least he had his Bar in the Krakoan Age, and in Age of X-Man he had a breakout role where he really grew in just a few issues...but nope...Blob is an easily used Puppet who believes Psylocke (a gd Captain of Krakoa's Military ffs) is the Terrorist...rather than Capt Krakoa...whose face he has never seen...and who has recruited Ruthless Murderers....

This level of poor characterization is why I can no longer read Duggan's current work...he honestly does not seem to care unless it was his idea right now.

Edit - just looked at December solicitations....so...this is now a MINI-SERIES of just 5 Issues...and Captain Krakoa...*omg* he has BLONDE HAIR.......lolololololol....yeah...I would say that Marvel upper Management is PISSED at the X-Editors...hence why Brevoort is being sent in to see if he can help steady the, yet again, sinking franchise.

The "Mutant Civil War" in X-Men Red will also be over in Issue #18...

THIS is EXACTLY what happened in the months AFTER Age of X-Man when it was clear that readers were Rejecting the direction the X-Editors and Matt Rosenberg were going...which was A LOT like the current Fall of X status quo....

And what I mean...they wrapped up storylines planned for 12+ issues down to 4-6....bc that is how Badly it was Selling.

This amount of Negativity...you know....Having the BIGOTS Commit a FALSE FLAG Terrorist Attack againt a Minority Group and Slaughter Politicians invited to Celebrate their Diversity... And LITERALLY be Deputized with National Authority to Murder any "Mutant" they find.......it will Not Sell in the current landscape.

And tbh...I got pretty gd angry typing out what a Group of People Believed was a GREAT IDEA..............the lack of Awareness by the X-editors is looking worse every week.
    How are you coming to this calculation?
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Yeah, we knew the new books were minis and a checklist for Fall of X was released a couple of months ago. https://mlpnk72yciwc.i.optimole.com/...o-jpg-0030.jpg
    Yeah that's actually what I was excited about ! We knew the Fall would be a short story.
    (although I must admit most of the series could be ongoings and I wouldn't complain)

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    How are you coming to this calculation?
    It’s completely manufactured. There is nothing that suggests this. Sounds like everyone knew these were minis except this guy, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Pansexual men can’t be misogynistic??
    Wade's a queer, doughy-skinned gremlin of a man, so him confronting conventionally attractive Rogue/Psylocke/Monet didn't feel like punching down, is i guess my view, now clarified. The mutant metaphor does make it more complex that that tho, naturally

again, not trying to convince/dissuade, just sharing my reading of the scene

My comment was not meant to imply that Wade had been misogynistic.
    But for a non-mutant to tell mutants how to do their fighting is at the very least to raise an eyebrow.
    And I compared it to feminism because I have found myself in similar situations (in fact it had happened to me that very afternoon before reading the issue, so maybe I was a bit sensitive lol).