Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Ilargi View Post
    My comment was not meant to imply that Wade had been misogynistic.
    But for a non-mutant to tell mutants how to do their fighting is at the very least to raise an eyebrow.
    And I compared it to feminism because I have found myself in similar situations (in fact it had happened to me that very afternoon before reading the issue, so maybe I was a bit sensitive lol).
    Yes, that was the point of this scene. They raised more than an eyebrow - they raised their objections with the intention of making a coup but after some back and forth didn’t fully go through with it. It got uncomfortable and continues to be because Avengers and X-Men don’t exactly see eye to eye. There isn’t a clean resolution because it’s complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwannon View Post
    It’s completely manufactured. There is nothing that suggests this. Sounds like everyone knew these were minis except this guy, lol
    Ok. I agree!
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Spectacular Member

Good issue mostly, even though a little off with characterization.
    1) blob and wild child don’t make since. Blob may be dumb, but not that dumb, he has friendships with these people as a bar tender. Wild child was last showing being obsessed with K. Plus K or M could show them it’s cyclops or something. Wild
    2) rogue would have been more tactical with the leadership part. Explained it better, than coming off dismissive

Fantastic Member

That is Wildside, Wildside and wildchild is 2 different characters, Wildside is from mutant liberation front with some fear or mind power. Wildchild is mini Sabertooth.

Astonishing Member

Wildside has the power to create a field of invisibility and mess with peoples' perceptions, and he's a straight up asshole. Highly chaotic, amoral, he causes destruction just for the sake of it, he was never a hardline believer in mutant rights, he just wants the opportunity to mess things up. His inclusion on the new MLF team makes total sense at least.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant101 View Post
    That is Wildside, Wildside and wildchild is 2 different characters, Wildside is from mutant liberation front with some fear or mind power. Wildchild is mini Sabertooth.
    I love how cute that makes Wildchild sound.

Incredible Member

This comic feels like the trashiest, soap opera Fall of X book .... and I love it.

For what it is going for - conflict between our heroes, conflict between the villains, any excuse to show people shirtless, hateable villains, etc - it is totally succeeding. It even has a sibling aware but disgruntled at the other sibling hooking up with someone. All we need is for someone to come out of a coma.

Also, for what it is worth, it is the only one doing the Fall of X branding justice by portraying Orchis in a believable light. They aren't as non-existent as in Children of the Vault, they aren't as incompetent as in Immortal X-men, they aren't as plot contrived as in Iceman, and they aren't as confusingly politically organized as in X-men. Soldiers have built in psi-blockers, as they should since their enemies include telepaths. Stasis and Modok are in control, but also not entirely in control as would such overdramatic leaders be. Orchis is stated to be SHIELD-like. The plot is about the fight for public reputation of Orchis/Mutants, and it actually means something instead of just being a non-impactful thing that Emma makes a comment about in other Xbooks.

Rogue should be leader but I have a feeling that the reason she is not is because spoilers:
    Captain Krakoa could be evil Cap. So there likely will be a head to head between Caps.
    end of spoilers
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Spectacular Member

Oh. I actually had no idea that isn’t wikdchild, didn’t know about wildslide I feel dumb now, but makes more sense now