Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

The notion that the Cuckoos use genetic material from Emma is as cheap if not cheaper than Austen’s naming of the last “Mindee”.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    The notion that the Cuckoos use genetic material from Emma is as cheap if not cheaper than Austen’s naming of the last “Mindee”.
    What do you mean?

That was always Morrison's intention as far as I'm aware. That's why Pak referred to Emma as Warbler. That was part of Morrison's notes that Pak used.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Ethan Sacks said it's classified information. I will have to pick up all the issues of Weapon X now to find out.
    Wait, are you serious?

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Wait, are you serious?
    Check his twitter

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    What do you mean?
    Morrison is not for everyone, but he’s not an idiot. The naming convention for the Cuckoos was clearly intended to spell SPICE. There’s pop stars and nursery rhymes to consider. “Mind”-ee means Austen wanted to make a stupid joke. I’m still raw at the disrespect.

Morrison isn’t the type of writer to worry about details that incidental. The Cuckoos parentage isn’t important to the story, do I doubt it was a concern he dealt with. I still feel there’s an unnecessary and boring amount of reliance on cloning in X-stories to build relationships. It’s almost as bad as alternate universe future kids. Gag.

That was always Morrison's intention as far as I'm aware. That's why Pak referred to Emma as Warbler. That was part of Morrison's notes that Pak used.
    I find that incredibly hard to believe and would love a link. Morrison doesn’t strike me as the kind of writer that whinges about genetic sample origins. That’s the type of thing fanboys obsess over.
    Last edited by CRaymond; 07-15-2019 at 08:07 PM.

Check his twitter
    Interesting. We'll have to see what the future holds.

Better Sharon watch out

Morrison is not for everyone, but he’s not an idiot. The naming convention for the Cuckoos was clearly intended to spell SPICE. There’s pop stars and nursery rhymes to consider. “Mind”-ee means Austen wanted to make a stupid joke. I’m still raw at the disrespect.

Morrison isn’t the type of writer to worry about details that incidental. The Cuckoos parentage isn’t important to the story, do I doubt it was a concern he dealt with. I still feel there’s an unnecessary and boring amount of reliance on cloning in X-stories to build relationships. It’s almost as bad as alternate universe future kids. Gag.

I find that incredibly hard to believe and would love a link. Morrison doesn’t strike me as the kind of writer that whinges about genetic sample origins. That’s the type of thing fanboys obsess over.
    It was in one of Paks interviews when Warsong came out that he used Morrison's notes left over when writing the story. I don't think it's around since cbr reset. The Cuckoos already had a relationship with Emma. So the genetic thing hasn't changed much.

But the link between between Sublime, Emma and the Cuckoos were in those notes apparently

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

For some reason I thought their dad was Fantomex, I honestly doubt it is important who their dad is (if they have one) because Marvel doesn't let people interact with their kids. These kids interact very little with Emma sadly.

someone messed the hair color. if they were 100% they shouldnt be blondes

IMHO the notion that the horrid blond telepaths all stuck like glue is because they’re horrid, not because they share blond genes.

It’s as if you all never went to school with that one clique of girls who basically look and behave exactly alike. Horrible insecure girls cling to each other like a herd mentality. The Cuckoos were the comic book version of that.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    It could be a recessive gen. Jean's parents aren't red haired.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 07-15-2019 at 08:24 PM.

IMHO the notion that the horrid blond telepaths all stuck like glue is because they’re horrid, not because they share blond genes.

It’s as if you all never went to school with that one clique of girls who basically look and behave exactly alike. Horrible insecure girls cling to each other like a herd mentality. The Cuckoos were the comic book version of that.
    I suppose the one way to find the answer is to ask Pak on Twitter. But I remember seeing it in that interview

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    It's actually part of knowing they are clones. John Sublime had no way of knowing Emma was a natural brunette, so he coded their genes to be blonde to appear like her even if it wasn't genetically accurate.