Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Well you can have the same genotype and a different phenotype so they could be 100% Emma and look different. Genes are expressed differently depending on the uterus, the environment etc

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    I suppose the one way to find the answer is to ask Pak on Twitter. But I remember seeing it in that interview
    I’m absolutely not calling YOU a liar. I think it’s far more likely Pak didn’t understand what he was reading. I seem to recall reading similar notes that the girls were supposed to resemble Emma to win her favor. Like notes from writer to artist, to convey how shallow and horrid they are. Not some grand conspiracy that Weapon + used Frost DNA. Alas, here we are.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    I’m absolutely not calling YOU a liar. I think it’s far more likely Pak didn’t understand what he was reading. I seem to recall reading similar notes that the girls were supposed to resemble Emma to win her favor. Like notes from writer to artist, to convey how shallow and horrid they are. Not some grand conspiracy that Weapon + used Frost DNA. Alas, here we are.
    They were Weapon Plus experiments weren't they? In Here Comes Tommorrow?

Well you can have the same genotype and a different phenotype so they could be 100% Emma and look different. Genes are expressed differently depending on the uterus, the environment etc
    Blonde is recessive in the presence of brown. Yet all 1,000 or so Cuckoos were all blonde. Statistically, that would be completely impossible. The only explanation that makes sense IMO is that Sublime designed their genes down to the detail, including being blonde.

They were Weapon Plus experiments weren't they? In Here Comes Tommorrow?
    Yes but I had them pegged as Weapon 14 long before Riot at Xavier’s. The Wild Sentinels, U-Men, Cass Nova, Huntsman, and Fantomex correspond to the brown, purple, red, blue and orange vMemes from Spiral Dynamics. The next was green, and the girls were the obvious choice.

It made FAR more sense that all the Weapons shared DNA, and since they were for the most part telepathic, I figured XAVIER was the original donor.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Blonde is recessive in the presence of brown. Yet all 1,000 or so Cuckoos were all blonde. Statistically, that would be completely impossible. The only explanation that makes sense IMO is that Sublime designed their genes down to the detail, including being blonde.
    Which means he switched off the gene that codes for brown hair and switched on the gene that codes for blonde hair. But their genotype is still identical. Epigenetics Their phenotype is different

I have to say I like your explanation more. Oh well

They all had different hair styles here so maybe you're onto something
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 07-15-2019 at 08:37 PM.

well that change happened within the pages of Morrison's run. Originally they didnt even look to be the same age, yet by Riot at Xavier they were far more identical

Beak changed a LOT from one artist to the next. Van Sciver’s original design for the Cuckoos didn’t survive past the end of Imperial when Quitely stepped in.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

If the Cuckoos are Emma's clones, then their father is Emma's father. This idea they have to have a daddy, and it needs to be Steve Rogers of all people, just adds even more convolution to an already deeply convoluted franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    It's actually part of knowing they are clones. John Sublime had no way of knowing Emma was a natural brunette, so he coded their genes to be blonde to appear like her even if it wasn't genetically accurate.
    But he wanted the Cuckoos to look like Emma or to be clones or be clones and look like Emma?

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    But he wanted the Cuckoos to look like Emma or to be clones or be clones and look like Emma?
    Who “he”? Morrison wanted them to resemble Emma, so Emma’s vanity would be triggered, and set her up for a fall.

Who “he”? Morrison wanted them to resemble Emma, so Emma’s vanity would be triggered, and set her up for a fall.
    Sublime, I guess. If he wanted a 100% clone they wouldn't be blond, but he wanted to copy Emma actual appearence to low her guards;

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I know Emma isn't blond but I honestly can't remember when was this established and it also feels kind of unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I know Emma isn't blond but I honestly can't remember when was this established and it also feels kind of unnecessary.
    her solo series in the early 00s