Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post

Recently...
    Okay, so does anyone know what issue she changed her hair color?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Now, I could be wrong here but I don't think we get to see them at the beauty salon or anything like that, but the first time that I can find the cuckoo's hair color change was in Uncanny X-Men #12.

Last edited by ZNOP; 09-08-2014 at 06:02 PM.

BANNED

Did you not read the 5 part mini which detailed how Emma was kidnapped and raped for her lifetime supply of ovum and then quietly returned to her point of origin without anyone, including Emma herself being none the wiser?

Of course I didn't. Greg Land drew that (if it's the one I'm thinking about).

Also, how is words to the effect of "they did a retcon mini" a valid reply to "That'd be a retcon made by something who didn't understand what The World was, years after the original stories".

Now, I could be wrong here but I don't think we get to see them at the beauty salon or anything like that, but the first time that I can find the cuckoo's hair color change was in Uncanny X-Men #12.

Isnt that Jean though? The eye color is green and I can clearly see three cuckoos in that shot in addition to the red head (Jean)

I dont think he would hate them, at least not for being mutants. But maybe, like every old-fashioned dad, he would object the mini skirts and would tell them to go uptairs and put some clothes on.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    No, he drew Endsong...Tyler Kirkham drew Warsong (the sequel about the Cuckoos)...but Endsong actually was the better story (a much better send off for Jean than anything Morrison did).

Also, how is words to the effect of "they did a retcon mini" a valid reply to "That'd be a retcon made by something who didn't understand what The World was, years after the original stories".
    Warsong wasn't really a retcon since the Cuckoos had no established history.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by grinningdemon View Post
    No, he drew Endsong...Tyler Kirkham drew Warsong (the sequel about the Cuckoos)...but Endsong actually was the better story (a much better send off for Jean than anything Morrison did).

Warsong wasn't really a retcon since the Cuckoos had no established history.

Geez... I was joking about the mini Nonetheless, and despite Greg ("Cheshire Cat") Land drawing "Endsong" -- "X-Men: Phoenix Warsong", the third issue, revealed that Emma's ova were the genetic templates used to clone the hundreds of identical telepaths -- harvested from her by John Sublime. So, pray tell us... How do you figure "Warsong" was some sort of retcon?
    Last edited by ZNOP; 09-08-2014 at 06:33 PM.

BANNED

Geez... I was joking about the mini Nonetheless, and despite Greg ("Cheshire Cat") Land drawing "Endsong" -- "X-Men: Phoenix Warsong", the third issue, revealed that Emma's ova were the genetic templates used to clone the hundreds of identical telepaths -- harvested from her by John Sublime. So, pray tell us... How do you figure "Warsong" was some sort of retcon?
    Because until then the Cuckoos were Weapon IV, mutant-killing super-Sentinel, forced-evolved over hundreds of relative years inside The World. Now they're suddenly just clones.

Why would I be even remotely interested in reading stories that exist to retcon stories I like?

Quote Originally Posted by grinningdemon View Post
    I knew he did Endsong, and I never even looked at the sequel to a story was never going to read the first part off.
    Last edited by Carabas; 09-09-2014 at 12:40 AM.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

The fact that they were weapon XIV was revealed at the same time that they were evolved clone templates of emma
    X-Men Forever

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    The fact that they were weapon XIV was revealed at the same time that they were evolved clone templates of emma
    I don't recall that last bit being in "Here Comes Tomorow" at all.

Anyway, even if they are evolved clones of Emma then they aren't be clones of Emma, their great-great-great-great-x100-grandmother was created from an ovum from Emma.
    Last edited by Carabas; 09-09-2014 at 01:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    No, them being Weapon XIV was stated in "Here Comes Tomorrow", the last story arc of Grant Morrison's New X-Men run, taking place in issues #151-154.

Some references: https://www.google.com/search?q=cuck...xiv&gws_rd=ssl

The clone thing came a few years later during "Phoenix Warsong" by Grek Pak.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    In UXM #17 : it's even on the cover.

But if I remember, when the other dyed her hair black, she already said that maybe she would go for redhead.

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

Until confirmed. I will continue to believe that Steve Rodgers is the father of the Stepford Cuckoos. Luckily for him, only three are alive. Imagine having a million daughters to take care of
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

BANNED

Until confirmed?!? Really, Fan-Fic notwithstanding... Where in the pages is it even remotely implied (other than Cap and the Frostitutes appearing together in a few panels together) that he is the donor father? Because, his being blond is quite lame not to mention -- Frank (Weapon VII) Simpson was blond too...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Perfection/Emma 2 View Post
    Until confirmed. I will continue to believe that Steve Rodgers is the father of the Stepford Cuckoos. Luckily for him, only three are alive. Imagine having a million daughters to take care of
    Some mad scientist apropriating some of his DNA doesn't make him a father.