View Poll Results: Who's the new Ultimate Universe Spidey?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Peter Parker

33 64.71%
  • Miles Morales

3 5.88%
  • A brand new character

15 29.41%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Who will be the new 'Ultimate Spider-Man'?

So now that we know that Hickman and Checchetto are doing the new Ultimate Spider-Man book, I feel like it's important to ask: Who is going to be the Spider-Man of the new Ultimate Universe (Earth-6160)? Will it be Pete, Miles, or do you think it'll be a brand new character? I'd like to see what everyone thinks.

Personally, I think there's a chance it'll still be Peter, but I don't know for sure.

Like I said in another thread...I hope it's Peter because he needs a good comic right now. Even if it's a different Peter...

If Hickman is on the book it’s gotta be Parker. Doesn’t mean Miles couldn’t show up, I could see them building towards an Insomniac status quo of the two both being Spidey. But in the Cebulski era I would be shocked if it was anyone other than Peter who ends up being the face of their new Ultimate line, given how nostalgia driven Marvel is these days.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

BANNED

I'd bet Peter.

I'm leaning to this idea that this is Disney's powerplay to remake Marvel in their image in a rebooted universe. Like they did when they canned the Star Wars EU and did it all again on their terms.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by hobnob View Post
    I'd bet Peter.

I'm leaning to this idea that this is Disney's powerplay to remake Marvel in their image in a rebooted universe. Like they did when they canned the Star Wars EU and did it all again on their terms.
    Not a reboot.

Honestly I’d like someone new. I’m sorry but if we are getting an all new ultimate universe then I don’t want it rehash what I read a decade or two ago from Millar and Bendis.

I trust Hickman to have something interesting up his sleeve after years of reading his stories and I would personally like to see something more fresh then here’s Peter Parker in high school again.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    Not a reboot.
    Yet. (min char)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by hobnob View Post
    Yet. (min char)
    Can you stop spreading misinfo? This isn't twitter.

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Knightsilver View Post
    Like I said in another thread...I hope it's Peter because he needs a good comic right now. Even if it's a different Peter...
    Same here. Peter with a brand new suit.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

I am going to say Peter.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    Can you stop spreading misinfo? This isn't twitter.
    How is saying my theory spreading misinformation?

I'm voting for Peter only because that's what I want the answer to be.

People keep saying that Hickman would only do it if it was Peter and I hope that's the case but wouldn't be surprised if it's someone else as we've already seen how the Maker has messed with the 6160 Peter in Secret Invasion.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I hope it's Peter, but honestly, I am cool with whatever Hickman decides on doing.

Friendly Neighborhood Guy MrParkersSubstitute's Avatar

‪‪With how the story in Ultimate Invasion has gone so far, I lean towards it being a brand new character in the role of the new Ultimate Spider-Man, and neither Miles or Peter.

It seems clear to me this is going to be a new dimension and new iterations of Marvel characters, and not a continuation of the original Ultimate Universe, and any form of retelling Peter’s origin feels just…beyond overdone at this point. Between the original Ultimate Universe and all the film and animated versions, ‪‪I don’t think we really need a new version of Pete and his cast. Miles is well served in the comics and the films currently, and similarly a new “Ultimate” version of him just doesn’t feel necessary to me.

I know there’s a huge chance it’s Peter again, and a fair chance it’s Miles, but ‪‪I really wouldn’t be surprised at all of this was a brand new Spidey under the mask.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Honestly I’d like someone new. I’m sorry but if we are getting an all new ultimate universe then I don’t want it rehash what I read a decade or two ago from Millar and Bendis.

I trust Hickman to have something interesting up his sleeve after years of reading his stories and I would personally like to see something more fresh then here’s Peter Parker in high school again.
    Well put.
    Last edited by MrParkersSubstitute; 09-20-2023 at 06:22 PM.

Astonishing Member

I wouldn't mind if the Ultimate Spider-Man comes from one of the other incorporated nation states from the Earth 6160 map.

The Maker stole and took the Spider that was supposed to bite Earth 6160 Peter. The Maker could easily give it to one of his minions or to some other person.