View Poll Results: Who's the new Ultimate Universe Spidey?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Peter Parker

33 64.71%
  • Miles Morales

3 5.88%
  • A brand new character

15 29.41%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I wish he'll be a Peter Parker that resembles Peter Parker, not like that insufferable jerk starring Well'S ASM

I'm hoping it's someone new but it's probably a new take on Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by MrParkersSubstitute View Post
    If the plan was to just replicate everyone’s standard/primary incarnations, why did they make only those three front and center, and obscure Spidey, Black Panther, and a third, less obvious silhouetted character? I’m not discounting the high likelihood that it’ll be Peter, but at this point I’m not convinced that it will be.

I agree that nostalgia is a powerful force in superhero comics, and in current Marvel under Cebulski, but in this era the X-Men titles have gone further in a new direction than they have in decades, Daredevil just underwent a series of massive changes, and the Punisher was just replaced with a new character. The nostalgia is not a universal rule that makes anything a foregone conclusion.
    To tease that those characters were coming without confirming it until they were ready. Note that Marvel recently ended Slott’s Spider-Man title starring Peter, which means currently Peter only has one ongoing. That was likely done to free up space for this book while allowing Slott to continue his Spider-Boy story.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'm hoping it's someone new but it's probably a new take on Peter.
    same tbh. I think they really want people who read USM back in the day to come in and feel cozy (derogatory)

Friendly Neighborhood Guy MrParkersSubstitute's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    To tease that those characters were coming without confirming it until they were ready. Note that Marvel recently ended Slott’s Spider-Man title starring Peter, which means currently Peter only has one ongoing. That was likely done to free up space for this book while allowing Slott to continue his Spider-Boy story.
    Slott’s Spider-Boy book, as I’m fairly sure has been described by Slott, will be starring both Bailey and Peter.

There’s no real indication that Slott’s book bifurcating into Spider-Boy and the new Superior Spider-Man series has anything to do with the Ultimate Spider-Man title, as historically the Ultimate line was its own editorial office, totally separate from the Spidey offices and their books.

Quote Originally Posted by MrParkersSubstitute View Post
    Slott’s Spider-Boy book, as I’m fairly sure has been described by Slott, will be starring both Bailey and Peter.

There’s no real indication that Slott’s book bifurcating into Spider-Boy and the new Superior Spider-Man series has anything to do with the Ultimate Spider-Man title, as historically the Ultimate line was its own editorial office, totally separate from the Spidey offices and their books.
    yeah based on the solicitations for issue 2 of spider-boy Peter is around
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    It's his grandson lol
    It’s Uncle Ben
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post
    same tbh. I think they really want people who read USM back in the day to come in and feel cozy (derogatory)
    I guess Nostalgia is a selling point but I'm hoping there are a few surprises in this new UU.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 09-22-2023 at 08:32 AM.

The Superior Spider-clone SpideyClone's Avatar

Harry Osborn. The Maker gives the spider to 6160 Norman, who tests it on Harry in hope of creating the son he always wanted. Newly empowered Harry has other plans.

Astonishing Member

Since Iron Lad got the data, it probably is college or or post college Peter? Quite diffrent to skip ahead the teenage Super Hero years if so.

Astonishing Member

Hoping for Peter Parker. We need a good Spider-Man ongoing as Wells' Spider-Man fucking sucks.

Astonishing Member

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if Hickman keeps his identity a secret for a while and makes a mystery box out of it, considering how different this new universe is.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

I wonder if Earth-6160 Spider-Man will have actual spider powers or if he'll be purely tech-based?
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    I wonder if Earth-6160 Spider-Man will have actual spider powers or if he'll be purely tech-based?
    I was thinking about Doom and Iron Lad trying to recreate Spider-Man and getting it wrong, so they need a purely tech-based Spider-man or maybe, even, a different Spider-man because they kill Peter Parker in the process (it's not going to happen, and we're going to be surprised by Hickman, but who knows?)

Astonishing Member

Peter like Blue Beetle?