Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Wasn't Gage the one who also had Otto do a deal with Mephisto in order to turn back into his old self?
    TBF that was likely editorial pressure to get him back to 'factory default'. Granted the specifics were presumably up to Gage. Unless it was meant to tie into Spencer's planned 'revert OMD' plot somehow...

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonmukluk View Post
    TBF that was likely editorial pressure to get him back to 'factory default'. Granted the specifics were presumably up to Gage. Unless it was meant to tie into Spencer's planned 'revert OMD' plot somehow...
    It's possible. The general vibe I always got from it was that Gage was pretty pissed off that he HAD to do it, especially after everything he did in the book and the sheer character development.

Superior Vol 2 seriously felt like "Here's an ongoing. It's going to last a good while." and then "Oh, did you get your narrative up and running? Yeah, you're gonna have to kill it all"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonmukluk View Post
    It's kind of hilarious that 616 Peter is meant to be the one speaking with moral authority when it comes to actually letting the ones you love go. First it was with Ben in Clone Conspiracy, now it's with a variant of himself who actually let Aunt May die in accordance with her wishes.

Kind of feels like Insomniac Peter's kind of getting character assassinated here, tbh.
    I haven't read it but it doesn't surprise me to hear that. They obviously want to keep 616 as Prime Spider-Man but have recently written him as a joke while Insomniac Spidey is at the peak of his career and firing on all cylinders. I suspected that both of them would read as out of whack with what we've come to understand of them (recently in the case of 616).

Does it end in a draw?

So Insomniac Peter is going to give advice to 616 Peter on how to fix things with MJ?

Quote Originally Posted by ImOctavius View Post
    So Insomniac Peter is going to give advice to 616 Peter on how to fix things with MJ?
    That whole sequence was funny in a sad way .

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImOctavius View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yes, it was. In the words of Deadpool in his first movie: "Fake laugh, hiding real pain."
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Yes, it was. In the words of Deadpool in his first movie: "Fake laugh, hiding real pain."
    Well, at least they are acknowledging it. Maybe it's a step in the right direction.
    Last edited by ImOctavius; 10-03-2023 at 03:24 PM.

Fantastic Member Crazyspideyfan's Avatar

They also confirm that Insomniac Peter has never met Gwen

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyspideyfan View Post
    They also confirm that Insomniac Peter has never met Gwen
    Yeah, if we get Gwen she's probably going to be a teen or closer to Miles' age.

Fantastic Member Crazyspideyfan's Avatar

New issue is out, it’s pretty much 616 Peter showing Insomniac Peter the ropes of dimension traveling, meeting evenly doppelgängers, etc. They travel to a version of the Insomniac universe where Peter went evil from using Otto’s technology to create a suit with arms that is identical to the MCU Iron Spider lol, so it’s kind of a cool visual

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    LOL, I think Insomniac Peter would just beat the crap out of 616 Peter after hearing something like that.

"I heard about that thing you did that we can't talk about because reasons! I'm not like you!"
    He’s right. Insomniac!Peter is unhappy AND doesn’t have family.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

New issue is out, it’s pretty much 616 Peter showing Insomniac Peter the ropes of dimension traveling, meeting evenly doppelgängers, etc. They travel to a version of the Insomniac universe where Peter went evil from using Otto’s technology to create a suit with arms that is identical to the MCU Iron Spider lol, so it’s kind of a cool visual
    Finally got to read it. It was nice seeing Killraven again. I thought Marvel had forgotten about him.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Extraordinary Member

Didn't he already learn that stuff in Spider-Geddon? Does this story acknowledge Insomniac Peter's involvement in that event at all?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Didn't he already learn that stuff in Spider-Geddon? Does this story acknowledge Insomniac Peter's involvement in that event at all?
    It won’t cause it’s honestly filler material created to advertise the games.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    It won’t cause it’s honestly filler material created to advertise the games.
    Maybe so, but honestly it's still 2nd place for Spider-Verse comics (3rd if you count Spider-Men), IMO. The McKay & friends miniseries is still top of the heap, though.