Default Wolverine vs Predator #1 Review

The book opens in Modern Day with Logan being hunted by the Predator but quickly cuts to the past and their first meeting. Logan is trapping in Canada to survive and a businessman finds him at the local bar hoping to hire him to track down his son. Turns out that the business man was hunting down his old partners that screwed him over and used Logan to find/kill them. The fight attracts the Yautja and he and Logan fight it out with Logan getting the upper hand in the end even though both got in some good shots. The end jumps us forward in time to Logan’s time with Team X, the first Predator is back along with 4 buddies and they are hunting Team X which we will see next issue.

Really fun book, nothing groundbreaking but it is exactly what you would want/expect from this story. I know that Greg Land isn’t always a fan favorite but he did most of the art duties on this today and it was pretty good imho. Ken Lashey really did the best art though in the intro pages. I can’t remember off the top of my head who drew the Team X pages but it was also solid. The book was $7.99 which is pretty pricey but it was an oversized issue with almost no ad pages so I felt like I at least got my money’s worth from it. Really was my favorite book of the day and I can’t wait for more.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Logan should knock up one of the Predators. He's thr best at what he does, and we're due for a new snikt kid.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

As a massive fan of both the original Predator film and Wolverine, this really hit perfectly to me. Just a great merging of these two characters and their respective lore. I loved every panel.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    As a massive fan of both the original Predator film and Wolverine, this really hit perfectly to me. Just a great merging of these two characters and their respective lore. I loved every panel.
    It's really surprising that we never got a crossover before with these two or with a Xenomorph

I loved how Percy's Team X segment kind of mirrored the jungle scenes of the first Predator film too. I get the feeling that Jackson and Kruel aren't long for this world, hence why we've never seen them in Team X flashbacks before. Ha.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Logan should knock up one of the Predators. He's thr best at what he does, and we're due for a new snikt kid.
    lmao

now im wondering if any of the whack kids he murdered under Aaron have made the rez queue...

Something I didn't mention in my review is how well Percy pays homage to the Predator films in this issue. He gives us some scenes basically ripped straight from the screen and put in the book. The first is when Logan lures the Yautja to the bear den and he uses the animal as a distraction to make a getaway which was exactly what happened in [b'Prey[/b]. The end of the book is clearly substituting Team X for Dutch and crew from the original film, we even get to see the metal mesh net start to slice up Kruel and we see the skinned bodies hanging from the trees. Percy and the artists really have done an amazing job blending the two franchises. All we need now is for Logan and Creed to grab hands, flex and say "You son of a bitch" lol.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    It's really surprising that we never got a crossover before with these two or with a Xenomorph
    Aren’t the Brood too close to the Xenomorph anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    Aren’t the Brood too close to the Xenomorph anyway?
    There are distinctions between the two enough to warrant a crossover. I mean, even the WildCATS and StormWATCH had an Aliens crossover(which actually was the origin of the Authority, believe it or not). Now that Disney owns both Fox and Marvel, it should be easy-peasy to line them(Logan and Aliens) up.

As for this issue, yeah, kinda perfunctory, but definitely over the target. Classic Wolvie, classic Predator.
    'Nuff said.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

In the 1900 era segment I loved how young Logan was drawn. Another example off added characters meant to die. Well I dont consider this canon anyway so no biggie lol. I wonder what era are after Team X. Can we get the Weapon X Helmet Logan vs Predator or Patch ��
    X-Men Forever