Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Power Girl #1 Preview

Power Girl #1 Preview
    Writer: Leah Williams
    Artist: Eduardo Pansica

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I'm glad I didn't anticipate this so now it shows up as a cool surprise.

Pansica is always great but this is the kind of art that will get him stolen by Batman within six months
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Lol, dingus.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

So her new name is Dr Paige Stetler.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    So her new name is Dr Paige Stetler.
    Oh God, I thought you were kidding... Perhaps a vomit emoji would have been better. Dr. Paige Stetler?!? This is a bodice ripping romance novel, isn't it?

Just when I thought "Paige" couldn't get anymore embarrassing, they say, "hold my beer".

She could have just as easily attended this party as Karen Starr. That's why Karen Starr existed in the first place. Even her description of how they came up with "Paige" is convoluted.

I do appreciate the dress though. And how it also has a boob window .

I know the context behind the “Paige” name, but where did Stetler come from?

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Couldn't just make her Paige Kent or Paige Ell.....I still cant get used to the Paige name.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    She could have just as easily attended this party as Karen Starr. That's why Karen Starr existed in the first place. Even her description of how they came up with "Paige" is convoluted.

I do appreciate the dress though. And how it also has a boob window .
    Yeah, I could accept "Paige" a little more if this somehow tied to Johns' bit in JSA where Power Girl was supposed to be active in 1976. If Karen had been created as a cover ID back around 1975-1980 in DC time, I could see her being retired since PG didn't age and also if the Starrware had been bought out by Mr Terrific. Now she is creating Paige as a new cover (and presumably Karen hasn't been seen for enough time not to be IDed as Paige).

But this seems like more work than either writer will do. So all we can do is hope Paige drops out of use quickly and Karen comes back.

Extraordinary Member

Let me just point out to DC that "Karen Starr" is a very comic book superhero name, while "Paige Stetler" is a dentist from an international romance novel. I know which one I'd rather for a comic book superheroine, and it isn't "Paige". Also, quit trying to make Omen happen as a friend for PG, it isn't going to work.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Let me just point out to DC that "Karen Starr" is a very comic book superhero name, while "Paige Stetler" is a dentist from an international romance novel. I know which one I'd rather for a comic book superheroine, and it isn't "Paige". Also, quit trying to make Omen happen as a friend for PG, it isn't going to work.
    It does feel very clingy and forced. Power Girl and Omen had zero connection until Leah's writing and suddenly they are inseparable. If this was Marvel I'd swear Power Girl (if not both her and Omen) were either clones or Skrulls. Maybe that is the secret- this is all a set up for next summer when half the DCU, who have all been written out of character, are revealed to be White Martians or tying into the UP fiascos in Superman and the Lantern books Durlans.

If I am right, DC, hust pull the plug now and give us the realPower Girl back, All will be forgiven.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I gotta say, there's something funny to think how William's entire Power-Girl run may end up defined entirely by the name-change.
    Last edited by Mantis-Ray; 09-23-2023 at 01:26 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I gotta say, there's something to think how William's entire Power-Girl run may ended up define entirely by the name-change.
    Has there been anything else to define it on? But yes, that's likely what it will be defined by.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    I know the context behind the “Paige” name, but where did Stetler come from?
    Good question. Did she just open the phone book at the St names and throw a dart?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Good question. Did she just open the phone book at the St names and throw a dart?
    I saw one person guess that its a corruption of the word Stellar

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Has there been anything else to define it on? But yes, that's likely what it will be defined by.
    Well she was a psychic therapist for a bit