Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

How was she sent as an INFANT to “look after” her YOUNGER cousin???

Wouldn’t they both be infants???

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I saw one person guess that its a corruption of the word Stellar

Well she was a psychic therapist for a bit
    You HAD to remind me!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by hotroddii View Post
    How was she sent as an INFANT to “look after” her YOUNGER cousin???

Wouldn’t they both be infants???
    Well, uh...er...she was two days younger? Lot's of "looking after" potential there...

You can tell lots of thought and care went into coming up with the story and with her backstory.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Let me just point out to DC that "Karen Starr" is a very comic book superhero name, while "Paige Stetler" is a dentist from an international romance novel. I know which one I'd rather for a comic book superheroine, and it isn't "Paige". Also, quit trying to make Omen happen as a friend for PG, it isn't going to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    It does feel very clingy and forced. Power Girl and Omen had zero connection until Leah's writing and suddenly they are inseparable. If this was Marvel I'd swear Power Girl (if not both her and Omen) were either clones or Skrulls. Maybe that is the secret- this is all a set up for next summer when half the DCU, who have all been written out of character, are revealed to be White Martians or tying into the UP fiascos in Superman and the Lantern books Durlans.

If I am right, DC, hust pull the plug now and give us the realPower Girl back, All will be forgiven.
    I do like Omen though....

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I do like Omen though....
    There's nothing wrong with the character, but forcing her into another BFF relationship with PG rather than trying it out a bit at a time and seeing if it works isn't the best approach IMO.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I have no idea who that character is. Best friend, girlfriend? I dunno, but like the name "Paige Stetler" I can't see myself tripping on stuff like that before the story even starts.

I don't feel like PG would get out of the gate with an ongoing unless the writer had an approach that was very new reader friendly, so I'll give this status quo a minute to just settle into place.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

That doesn't bother me at all because PeeGee gets a new bestie/partner every series. It's been Atlee, Huntress, Harley Quinn, and now Omen. It's practically a tradition.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    That doesn't bother me at all because PeeGee gets a new bestie/partner every series. It's been Atlee, Huntress, Harley Quinn, and now Omen. It's practically a tradition.
    At least she's not stuck with Harley in mini's now.

Extraordinary Member

At least she's not stuck with Harley in mini's now.
    There is that blessing.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    There is that blessing.
    Indeed at least she doesn't have to deal with Harley sexually harassing her.

So Williams changed her alter ego so she can do stuff… incredibly similar to what she already could as Karen Starr?
    And I guess the original Earth-2 is confirmed dead again? None of this aligns with the little we’ve seen of her in JSA. And all of it feels unnecessary and contrived. Not that I like the 1976 origin Johns was trying to establish, but it does highlight the mess that DC editorial is.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    So Williams changed her alter ego so she can do stuff… incredibly similar to what she already could as Karen Starr?
    And I guess the original Earth-2 is confirmed dead again? None of this aligns with the little we’ve seen of her in JSA. And all of it feels unnecessary and contrived. Not that I like the 1976 origin Johns was trying to establish, but it does highlight the mess that DC editorial is.
    To be honest Williams thinking Johnny Sorrow was from Earth-2 was the first red flag for me .

I wonder what is doing... (How I must call her now?) she, there, posing as an onepercenter. The name change is indeed unfortunate, but still could be something beyond that. I hope.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

To be honest Williams thinking Johnny Sorrow was from Earth-2 was the first red flag for me .
    Sorrow first appeared in 1999, therefore, post-Crisis, that much is true. But he did apparently fight them in World War II, in a flashback to his origin. Understandable mistake in that context.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Indeed at least she doesn't have to deal with Harley sexually harassing her.
    Boy did I get tired of that.