Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Cass and Steph go on a road trip superhero adventure, with major BFF energy, while Babs tries to track them down because a bigger threat than they expect is following them. Steph makes the jokes and asks the questions, Cass kicks ass and gets the answers, and Babs switches between Mama Bear and mildly overworked babysitter. Guest Starring Lady Shiva and Cluemaster as an incredibly scary mother with a really complex relationship to her daughter and the utter loser providing tech support for her. Bad guy? Calculator... but he's employing David Cain.

Hijinks ensue.
    Calculator? Is this going to involve Proxy?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, all three of them? Though I guess Babs and Steph play into what one would assume is a more conventional female audience.
    They could hold their own movie. Their recent comic might not be the right tone for a movie, but the set up of them on a mission and the B-plot centering around the characters' relationship is a solid starting point.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    Do you think a more fun and comedic live action Batman movie would work in these times?
    Sure it can. Literally anything can work if executed well. (Jo-jo Rabbit had Waititi as Hitler for frik's sake) General audiences know Batman so well at this point, if the comedy hits the right way, there's no reason it wouldn't.

And as others have mentioned, Batman Lego is a great example.

Retired

What goes around comes around. The turn away from the lighter Darknight Detective to the darker Caped Crusader was partly because Batman seemed to be in a rut. For something like thirty years, he'd had these lighter gravity adventures and they wanted to introduce a heavier gravity as a change. But the heavy gravity Batman has existed for a lot longer than thirty years, so I would say he's been in a rut for too long a time. The reason he doesn't get out of that rut, I'm not sure. Maybe because there are enough alternatives to the darker Dark Knight in different media, where they can also do comedy and light adventures. But I feel that at some point the lighter gravity will become such a trend that it will become the dominant treatment again.

Spectacular Member

Get Cassandra and Steph to lead.

WB would not want a live action Batman movie to make just 300M like Lego Batman (that's just a little more than megabomb The Flash).

Comedic live action movie Batman won't happen for the foreseeable future as it took the brand 8 years to recover on the big screen after Batman and Robin, and even then Batman Begins relatively underperformed. Even if WB gets acquired by another entity, no one is going to risk it again in our lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    WB would not want a live action Batman movie to make just 300M like Lego Batman (that's just a little more than megabomb The Flash).

Comedic live action movie Batman won't happen for the foreseeable future as it took the brand 8 years to recover on the big screen after Batman and Robin, and even then Batman Begins relatively underperformed. Even if WB gets acquired by another entity, no one is going to risk it again in our lifetime.
    To be fair, lighthearted still doesn't mean comedic like Lego Batman. Think more like one of the less comedic MCU movies, but with Batman.