Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by areuyellingatmee View Post
    I’d actually like to see Shaw and Tessa interact again since he has a Tessa 2.0 now. I’d also like to see her and Emma work together since if I remember correctly those two did not like each other very much
    Percy had Emma boss Tessa around during last year's Hellfire Gala if I recall correctly, which felt very OOC for Claremont's Tessa, like most of Percy's work on the character unfortunately aside from a few good glimpses here and there.

Amazing Member

Do you know which issue? I don't remember Tessa even appearing in X-Force.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    I maintain Sage and Betsy would make a cool duo. They have history, dissimilar personalities, complementary skillsets, both are TP spies...
    The X-treme team was acutally a pretty good team in that regard. Not much overlap of personalities, powers or skills, and most had history with one another.
    I've had this panel on my mind since you posted the above and then someone posted it on twitter today which felt like lovely synchronicity.

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Ultimate Member

Well when Tessa attacked Betsy and Warren before Scott and Jesns wedding it never came up during their Xtreme days. And in the caption boxes what came after the attack Betsy likened to being close to being raped, as both were unable to move or say anything but wide awake as Hellfire goons changed their clothes. But I am doubting that will be brought up again but she was undercover at the time so...

At least she isn't dressing like Jubilee anymore.

Ah ! I COMPLETELY forgot the Exiles run.It tends to disappear from my mind.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by toddcam View Post
    Do you know which issue? I don't remember Tessa even appearing in X-Force.
    I stand corrected, it actually happened during the first Krakoan Hellfire Gala on X-Force #20 when Beast decides to infect Terra Verde politicians with a fungal spy network.

And Tessa is a regular on X-Force, she might not have appeared on every single issue but she's in most and lately with an enhanced role and presence.

Unglaublich!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    She was referred to as "Tessa Niles" in Jeph Loeb's X-Force in the 90s. It hasn't come up since and Claremont mentioned on forum posts he didn't think "Niles" was her real surname, but it hasn't actually been disproven in the comics and no alternatives have been offered, so I'm considering it her surname until a comic says otherwise.
    For years, I always thought I'd read somewhere that her name was Tessa Niles but I couldn't say where I thought I'd read it. And I couldn't find anything online to back up what I thought.

Tessa Niles is, in fact, an English singer. If Loeb did state that as being her name, that's almost certainly where he swiped it from.

Ultimate Member

Warren called her Tessa back before Scott and Jean's wedding before she attacked them and the whole confrontation with Sebastian Shaw at the Hellfire Club.

Tessa was her original name as Shaw's assistant going back to her original appearance in Uncanny 132(1980) *she's actually not mentioned by name that issue, but eventually she's called that. It's the 'Niles' that is less common.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Amazing Member

Sage was not in X-Force in the 1990s as a member.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I stand corrected, it actually happened during the first Krakoan Hellfire Gala on X-Force #20 when Beast decides to infect Terra Verde politicians with a fungal spy network.

And Tessa is a regular on X-Force, she might not have appeared on every single issue but she's in most and lately with an enhanced role and presence.
    I had been responding to another poster who thought Jeph Loeb had established her surname as Niles during his run on X-Force in the 1990s.