Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast

Default How do you prefer your Cyborg?

My son was confused watching Young Justice because Cyborg looked so different than the Justice League movie. Then I showed him how throughout the years in the comics that Cyborg has looks different.

How do you prefer Cyborg when it comes to his "human parts vs robot parts". Sometimes his entire one arm is human, and his other arm isn't. Sometimes he's robot from the elbows and knees down. Or like in the movie he's basically a machine from the next down.

What do you think looks best?

Robotic from the elbows and knees Down.

I’m open to different looks though, as a lot of writers really draw him well.

Easily the Cyborg that we were getting with nanotechnology working to give synthetic skin and his robotic components were subdermal. Vic should have a look that's indicative of what his is, a constantly evolving merging of man and technology.

I prefered him more slim than bulky.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Just let the man keep his penis.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Easily the Cyborg that we were getting with nanotechnology working to give synthetic skin and his robotic components were subdermal. Vic should have a look that's indicative of what his is, a constantly evolving merging of man and technology.
    I mostly agree with this. Ideally a longform Cyborg story would have him adapting further and further to his cyborgness and becoming more streamlined. I like his first look being something asymmetrical, maybe one arm is more flesh than the other or his silhouette is bulkier, and then as he progresses as a hero he evolves his look to become more cohesive and his powers to become more precise.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Just let the man keep his penis.
    There's a schrödinger's cat analogy I could make here, but I won't

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tib2d2 View Post
    My son was confused watching Young Justice because Cyborg looked so different than the Justice League movie. Then I showed him how throughout the years in the comics that Cyborg has looks different.

How do you prefer Cyborg when it comes to his "human parts vs robot parts". Sometimes his entire one arm is human, and his other arm isn't. Sometimes he's robot from the elbows and knees down. Or like in the movie he's basically a machine from the next down.

What do you think looks best?
    I saw this indie work and I though: that's the perfect cyborg

https://www.deviantart.com/j-mcart/art/Helios-684535513

I could post that better but its worth the click. Give him that form and a fighting style like Genos from one punch man and he's 1000X
    more popular
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Preferably not being torn to pieces every time you turn around. The character was already poop level problematic with its origin and denial of humanity. But then you further exercise....wtf ever it is that makes people want to tear him into pieces ALL THE TIME. He is not my fave as it is. But at least cut that crap out

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Preferably not being torn to pieces every time you turn around. The character was already poop level problematic with its origin and denial of humanity. But then you further exercise....wtf ever it is that makes people want to tear him into pieces ALL THE TIME. He is not my fave as it is. But at least cut that crap out
    ^^^He has that Robotman syndrome (which is an offshoot of the sword effect).
    He’s a character that CAN be torn apart, so he frequently IS, to show how badass the latest villain is.

I mean, that couldn’t be done w. Nightwing. Well, more than I’ve anyway…

Incredible Member

I much prefer Cyborg to look like the attached images from the neck up. If DC made that one simple change i'd pay a year in advance for every Cyborg title.

As someone that actually likes the Rebirth design during Semper Jr.'s run from the neck down i'd love to discuss armors but i'd hate to confuse a DC employee with pull so lets just focus on the easy improvement i.e. the head design shown in the attachments or in Midnights linked post. That's what i want. I suspect many others would pay attention to that change as well.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    THIS ^ Cyborg being able to alter his form from a normal looking body to a battle armored physique should be a given.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    I saw this indie work and I though: that's the perfect cyborg

I'd happily accept this version of Cyborg as well. The face plate removal is the primary issue for me. If they solve that problem i'm willing to give other costume designs a chance.

https://www.deviantart.com/j-mcart/art/Helios-684535513

I could post that better but its worth the click. Give him that form and a fighting style like Genos from one punch man and he's 1000X
    more popular
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Don't complain. Create.

He's Cyborg. He should look like a Cyborg. He shouldn't look like some guy in shiny spandex or a guy in knock off Ironman armor. Preferably you should be able to see the places where the robotics meet the flesh. I'm really not fond of the "everything is robotic but part of his head" look.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    He's Cyborg. He should look like a Cyborg. He shouldn't look like some guy in shiny spandex or a guy in knock off Ironman armor. Preferably you should be able to see the places where the robotics meet the flesh. I'm really not fond of the "everything is robotic but part of his head" look.
    ^^^Yeah both the human and cyborg parts of him should get equal billing.

I remember Deathstroke shooting Vic in the arm w. a carefully placed shot in an early NTT issue, just avoiding the mechanical parts.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I hate the half head on a walking tank body look. Even if it is not real flesh his arms at least should look human and he should not be this big bulky walking tank. This is about the best look he has had in decades an I hope thy stick with something along these lines going forward.

Incredible Member

^ If DC removed the face plate i'd be content with that as well.

In fact ...i might even prefer it as a baseline appearance.

Cyborg *can* change his body parts *at will*. As recently as his last issue in the current solo series he is shown with a different head design.

The design shown above conveys that ability clearly. Just lose the face plate and the vast majority of people are likely happy.
    Don't complain. Create.

Quote Originally Posted by Customizer View Post
    ^ If DC removed the face plate i'd be content with that as well.

In fact ...i might even prefer it as a baseline appearance.

Cyborg *can* change his body parts *at will*. As recently as his last issue in the current solo series he is shown with a different head design.

The design shown above conveys that ability clearly. Just lose the face plate and the vast majority of people are likely happy.
    I wouldn't be happy. You'd be ditching the most iconic aspect of the character.