Default Golden Age Black Widow (Claire Voyant)

First Golden Age appearance:
    Mystic Comics #4 (July or August 1940):

While the outside cover has the "August" date printed on it, the inside front cover lists this as "July 1940".

As for the Black Widow herself, . . .

to be continued . . .

She would go on to have appearances in Mystic Comics #5 and #7, as well as in USA Comics #5 and All Select Comics #1. Eventually, she'd be included in the series The Twelve.

Golden Age Black Widow was also included on a two-page spread at the end of 1994's Marvels #1.

I suppose if your last name was Voyant you’d kind of have to name your daughter Claire
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Only five golden age appearances? Definitely not as successful as the silver age Black Widow then. I wonder if Claire has ever met Natasha?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Only five golden age appearances? Definitely not as successful as the silver age Black Widow then.
    Aside from Miss America, I don't know if any of the war-time female characters from Timely were all that "successful". Some of the post-war Golden Age female characters had more appearances, though.

Astonishing Member

After the end of THE TWELVE I had hoped to see Roger Aubrey or someone recruit Claire Voyant, Phantom Reporter and Mastermind Excello into the V-Battalion's Penance Council to shore up their depleted ranks. I think they would have made great additions to that organization, and I think it would have fit rather well with the direction the three of them were sent on at the end of THE TWELVE.

Aside from Miss America, I don't know if any of the war-time female characters from Timely were all that "successful". Some of the post-war Golden Age female characters had more appearances, though.
    Patsy walker before she became hellcat. 124 issues first series plus many spin-offs and other comics with her in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Patsy walker before she became hellcat. 124 issues first series plus many spin-offs and other comics with her in it.
    Yeah, I guess premiering in 1944 does qualify her as earlier than "post-war", though I figured she would have first shown up in late 1945 or 1946 at earliest.

She got her own book in 1945... it's just not where she debuted. As Gaastra said, it ran for 124 issues - 20 years, because it was only six issues a year.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Patsy_Walker_Vol_1

She had a second book that ran for 110 issues over 15 years.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Patsy_and_Hedy_Vol_1
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman