Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Twice-named View Post
    Kate was only in #4 and 5 of the first volume of Batman Incorporated and, in those issues, she doesn't say Kathy is her aunt.
    I certainly could be wrong, as it's been a while since I read them but the implication is sill clear as Morrison pretty much brought back all the classic Batwoman adventures into continuity. So if they count, and Bette is Kathy's niece then Kate is also related to Kathy as she is related to Bette.
    Last edited by thwhtGuardian; 09-29-2023 at 08:21 AM.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Why do I feel like it was mentioned in Morrison's Batman and Robin when Batwoman showed up...

Kate, may not feel Kathy is her "true aunt" because she didn't know her, in the way that Bette did (she was older, possibly off to the military even) and also wasn't Kathy, the 2nd wife of Bruce's uncle? That could play into it too.

Regardless, and despite messing with the timelines and retcons, Kathy is an aunt by marriage to all of them; Bruce, Bette and Kate. (Kate's sister too).
    I still like the easy solution of having Bette, Kate, et all, be Bruce's 2nd cousins ala

Jacob and the unnamed father of Bette were cousins to Martha, but adopted by her parents, and raised as

siblings. So they are adopted siblings

but also first cousins.

And their children would be 2nd cousins to each other.
    It's really simple and nearly elegant. Rich folks do things like this all the time (well, you do hear about it).
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    It's really simple and nearly elegant. Rich folks do things like this all the time (well, you do hear about it).
    I still can't get over the fact that Larry Wolek had sex with his cousin Karen Wolek, who he legally married--and they were both from the wrong side of the tracks in Llanview (ONE LIFE TO LIVE).

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I still can't get over the fact that Larry Wolek had sex with his cousin Karen Wolek, who he legally married--and they were both from the wrong side of the tracks in Llanview (ONE LIFE TO LIVE).
    Well, that is the other thing about comics in general (I'm not familar with the plot you mentioned)

comics are like soap operas, for comic fans/ners

The characters all revolve through a set of roles; victim, victimizer and redeemer. In no particular order. Some character's arcs dont' revolve throughe very role or in sequence.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all