Thread: Battle Chasers

Astonishing Member

Default Battle Chasers

Come on, no thread about the new BC series?

It was the hottest book of the 90´s. I remember the craze in my comic book shop about it.

Before I get into the new issues I am taking my time for a reread. The first two issues are amazing so far. They really hold up.

What are your thoughts?

Incredible Member

Without MAD's art my interest is low, because it really is "just another fantasy book". It's similar to my low interest in the non-Campbell minis for Danger Girl, which is all of them after the first one lol

I may pick up a BC trade down the road though. The original book had come out when I hadn't watched much anime or read non-superhero books, so I was more into it, especially post Uncanny X-men.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    Without MAD's art my interest is low, because it really is "just another fantasy book". It's similar to my low interest in the non-Campbell minis for Danger Girl, which is all of them after the first one lol.
    That’s exactly how I feel for the Danger Girl series…. But I really wanted to see this story wrapped up. And these 3 issues, 9-12, finally, sorta, gives this arch some much needed closure, the artist really holds his own. It really fits and at times I forgot that MAD wasn’t even drawing it. I can’t wait for more… just hope it doesn’t take another 15 to so years…..
    Last edited by Blanks; 09-27-2023 at 05:47 AM.

Astonishing Member

Thanks for the replys

I am not there yet. I just read issue 4. I am glad to hear that the new artist is holding up.

Amazing Member

Issue #4 was my favorite from the old series. I read the new issues and I liked them, although Madureira's art would have made them perfect.

Loved the series and was amazed when I discovered new issues had come out.

I’m enjoying these new books. The artist, Ludo Lullabi, has some nice World of Warcraft cred and is doing just fine filling in for Mad.

Not sure how long this’ll last but, they keep making them I’ll keep reading them.

Astonishing Member

I wonder why Joe Mad gave up in the first place? It sold like hot cakes, and he earned a shitload of money with that book (presumably)

The only thing I can think of, is he earned even more with his new job in the gaming industry.

Astonishing Member

This must be the longest hiatus a comic book has taken.

Astonishing Member

I am now up to speed. The new artist isn't as good as Joe Mad, but its okay for me. Unfortunately Monikas boobs got way smaller ;-) I loved her oversized look.