Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

One good thing im getting from the series so far is basically marvel confirming (or in universe, jean realizing) “jean was right”. In critical moments of history, jean made complex executive decisions in ethically charged moments that, in retrospect, still stand to be the right call. I can Af least appreciate that the miniseries is giving us, and jean, that.

Maybe this is all some way for her to question herself less, accept and embrace her intuition and judgment calls, all of which are important for an appropriate Amount of self confidence and leadership.

Reflection js great. The luxury of actually seeing how other scenarios would’ve played out is even better. I look forward to the stoic and unwavering conclusion that jean comes to by the series end. Even if it does nothing to change the franchise. I can see nothing bad coming from it at worst, and something good coming from it at best.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    And people wonder why no one buys the comics. It's bare-minimum personality in the characters, worship of things simply because they are old rather than interesting or compelling, and an overall very fearful mindset about storytelling and character progression.
    I totally agree. Peter Parker's editorially mandated arrested development is the greatest example. Now they have Miles for teen Spider-Man stories, and Peter STILL can't grow up.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    I totally agree. Peter Parker's editorially mandated arrested development is the greatest example. Now they have Miles for teen Spider-Man stories, and Peter STILL can't grow up.
    I'll be honest. I wasn't trying to say that I want the characters to be 40 years old talking about mortgages and the kids' college funds or anything like that. But at the same time, they don't have to start him over as penniless and disconnected from MJ every 5 years either.

I don't know if anyone's said this, but I think "Where It All Went Wrong" is going to turn out to be the formation of the X-Men. Aside from Iceman, they've all crossed some irreparable lines...

Cyclops ended up killing Xavier.
    Angel became the Archangel.
    Beast has become Dark Beast.
    And of course Phoenix ate a star and killed billions...

I'm willing to bet it'll all go back to that first fight against Magneto.
    Queen of Mutants, Mistress of Magnetism, Magnetrix and the MII, Pestilence of the Horsemen of Apocalypse, the Krakoan Oracle and creator of the Sanctus Sacrum Tournament Key, the Threshold Seed Shaper, Brood Queen of the Fall of the House of X, Lorna Sally Dane, Ph.D., of the House of M, Polaris of the X-Men

Quote Originally Posted by GoingGreen View Post
    I don't know if anyone's said this, but I think "Where It All Went Wrong" is going to turn out to be the formation of the X-Men. Aside from Iceman, they've all crossed some irreparable lines...

Cyclops ended up killing Xavier.
    Angel became the Archangel.
    Beast has become Dark Beast.
    And of course Phoenix ate a star and killed billions...

I'm willing to bet it'll all go back to that first fight against Magneto.
    Nah Bobby had his dark arc. He flash froze part of the planet and almost ushered in a new ice age

People died and he caused devastation

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

That makes no sense as the X-Men weren't formed as a result of the Phoenix. How could the answer to "Where it went wrong?" be: When Xavier brought us together to fight for and protect a world that hates and fears us?

Plus...Jean's question centres specifically around her connection to the Phoenix Force and how it has/might have impacted her life and the lives of others.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    That makes no sense as the X-Men weren't formed as a result of the Phoenix. How could the answer to "Where it went wrong?" be: When Xavier brought us together to fight for and protect a world that hates and fears us?

Plus...Jean's question centres specifically around her connection to the Phoenix Force and how it has/might have impacted her life and the lives of others.
    Right, but she's also exploring who they are the moment of connecting with the Phoenix. If Wolverine became the Phoenix host at that time, that's how it would've turned out. So imagine if even though Jean was destined to connect with Phoenix... it only went wrong because she was a member of the X-Men. If they never formed, or at least formed without her, but she still someone became connected to the Phoenix Force as a young adult... perhaps things wouldn't have ever turned out this way. Or something.

Specifically brought up the first mission because everyone's so nostalgic all the time, and they're all hyped about the 60th anniversary right now...
    Queen of Mutants, Mistress of Magnetism, Magnetrix and the MII, Pestilence of the Horsemen of Apocalypse, the Krakoan Oracle and creator of the Sanctus Sacrum Tournament Key, the Threshold Seed Shaper, Brood Queen of the Fall of the House of X, Lorna Sally Dane, Ph.D., of the House of M, Polaris of the X-Men

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    I'll be honest. I wasn't trying to say that I want the characters to be 40 years old talking about mortgages and the kids' college funds or anything like that. But at the same time, they don't have to start him over as penniless and disconnected from MJ every 5 years either.
    I'd be happy if they set the O5 and Peter at 30 - 35.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    I'd be happy if they set the O5 and Peter at 30 - 35.
    As someone who recently turned 35, 35 is old. Too old.
    I would put the 35-year-old X-Men in an alternate reality title that can kill characters off and do whatever but always continues onward with the normal passage of time, no matter what.

Not sure why that book doesn't exist. Surely, cheap talent could float that book with a set of buyers who truly want to forgo the everliving characters thing.

Cheap way to invest in wild ideas.
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 09-29-2023 at 06:23 PM.

Did Marvel just slip and let us know what Jean is (and we are) heading towards…? ��

From the official Marvel Tarot Deck:

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."