Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yeah, maybe.

Sorry you don't like my ideas.

But I'm just trying to be upbeat. Also to use "comic-science" to help the situation of de-aging GG in a different way.
    But of all characters, maybe she should just die of old age but still come back as a true "Ghost Girl".

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But of all characters, maybe she should just die of old age but still come back as a true "Ghost Girl".
    ...yeah, maybe...but just because she dies, why would she come back as a ghost (girl)? And how would she come back as a ghost (girl)? There is nothing to cause it.

With my ideas, at least there was a possibility for that to happen.

But like whatever, we will have to wait and see what Marvel decides to do with GG.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Astonishing Member

I wouldn't mind seeing an untold tale of the original Crusaders -- maybe something that happened in the 1960s. The characters all had interesting designs -- especially Ghost Girl.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Those were basically my thoughts in my earlier post. I realize she may have been initially created for one purpose, but I find it much more appealing if Ghost Girl was actually a supernaturally based hero. Not merely a psychokinetic or necromancer, but a ghost herself.

Further, even though she was created as a tongue in cheek homage, for the present and forward I wouldn't mind seeing her operate along with a team of spectral sleuths. I imagine there are a number of horrific crimes that were never solved simply because the victims -- and possibly the perpetrators -- are no longer among the living. Naturally, we'd have to add a twist...something like the perpetrators of those crimes never receiving their due punishment in the afterlife. Quite the opposite, in fact. Mephisto lavishes them with their own slice of "heaven" in the underworld. They're incentivized and celebrated like royalty.

GG's first story would deal with one such unrepentant miscreant. Her first client: one Mary Ann Nichols, a victim of Jack the Ripper. The catch? By conjuring the dead victims to obtain their testimony, Ghost Girl runs the risk of resurrecting in the world of the living (in some form or another) the very evil that she seeks to banish forever. Should she let sleeping ghosts lie, or is justice the only thing that matters? Well, GG chooses to go after the Ripper with disastrous results. Jack returns to the world of the living and she has to stop him before he takes another life, becoming an Archduke of Hell in the process!

Too dark, you say? Well, it is almost Halloween. Muhahahahaha!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Those were basically my thoughts in my earlier post. I realize she may have been initially created for one purpose, but I find it much more appealing if Ghost Girl was actually a supernaturally based hero. Not merely a psychokinetic or necromancer, but a ghost herself.

Further, even though she was created as a tongue in cheek homage, for the present and forward I wouldn't mind seeing her operate along with a team of spectral sleuths. I imagine there are a number of horrific crimes that were never solved simply because the victims -- and possibly the perpetrators -- are no longer among the living. Naturally, we'd have to add a twist...something like the perpetrators of those crimes never receiving their due punishment in the afterlife. Quite the opposite, in fact. Mephisto lavishes them with their own slice of "heaven" in the underworld. They're incentivized and celebrated like royalty.

GG's first story would deal with one such unrepentant miscreant. Her first client: one Mary Ann Nichols, a victim of Jack the Ripper. The catch? By conjuring the dead victims to obtain their testimony, Ghost Girl runs the risk of resurrecting in the world of the living (in some form or another) the very evil that she seeks to banish forever. Should she let sleeping ghosts lie, or is justice the only thing that matters? Well, GG chooses to go after the Ripper with disastrous results. Jack returns to the world of the living and she has to stop him before he takes another life, becoming an Archduke of Hell in the process!

Too dark, you say? Well, it is almost Halloween. Muhahahahaha!!!
    Ah, poor Mary Ann Nichols or Polly Nichols as she was often known--the first Ripper victim, I do believe.

Jack himself has some supernatural powers, I am sure. Maybe he returns/materializes ON Hallowe'en Night? Stay inside and lock your doors!

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Ah, poor Mary Ann Nichols or Polly Nichols as she was often known--the first Ripper victim, I do believe.

Jack himself has some supernatural powers, I am sure. Maybe he returns/materializes ON Hallowe'en Night? Stay inside and lock your doors!
    Yes, I believe Ms. Nichols was credited as Jack's first reported victim. With serial killers you can never be too sure, though. They usually start elsewhere early in life until settling on a preferred environ of opportunity.

And yep, as part of his "leveling up", Mephisto bequeaths Jack and others of his ilk with supernatural powers as well. In the real world, we often hear how some of the perps commit these heinous acts believing that they will be somehow empowered and/or rewarded. Well, in the comics world, we can easily attribute that to Mephisto and hopefully take him down a notch or three in the eyes of his adoring fans. Marvel tends to treat demonic figures like being dastardly and wicked is merely a cute and harmless misrepresentation. Ghost Girl's stories would make it abundantly clear that Mephisto is the true face of evil... and there is nothing cute or harmless about him.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Yes, I believe Ms. Nichols was credited as Jack's first reported victim. With serial killers you can never be too sure, though. They usually start elsewhere early in life until settling on a preferred environ of opportunity.

And yep, as part of his "leveling up", Mephisto bequeaths Jack and others of his ilk with supernatural powers as well. In the real world, we often hear how some of the perps commit these heinous acts believing that they will be somehow empowered and/or rewarded. Well, in the comics world, we can easily attribute that to Mephisto and hopefully take him down a notch or three in the eyes of his adoring fans. Marvel tends to treat demonic figures like being dastardly and wicked is merely a cute and harmless misrepresentation. Ghost Girl's stories would make it abundantly clear that Mephisto is the true face of evil... and there is nothing cute or harmless about him.
    Yes, you are correct, especially with the JtR cases, 5 were the "canonical" victims (starting with Polly), but at least 3 more during that same time frame could easily have fit, as well as others before and after that time frame.

I like the story!

Would GG keep her silvery costume? I think it is perfect.
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 09-28-2023 at 03:53 PM.

Yeah, maybe.

Sorry you don't like my ideas.

But I'm just trying to be upbeat. Also to use "comic-science" to help the situation of de-aging GG in a different way.
    ^^^I'm down w. this idea. Upvote!

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^I'm down w. this idea. Upvote!
    Thanks, Bud!

Thanks, Bud!
    ^^^No sweat;
    There’s a lot of different ways things can be written, there is no set in stone.

When I first saw Ghost Girl I (GGI), I thought she might have some or all of these powers: Intangibility, invisibility, super-speed or some type of light power (from her costume look). But she actually had none of these, lol!

I still find her initial appearance visually stunning and even perhaps Spitfire-esque.
    You're on to something.

Can become Intangible: Duh...Ghost Girl.

Can become Invisible: Duh...Ghost Girl

Possesion: Duh...Ghost Girl. This one depends on the willpower of the target. Your average minion stands no chance but Dr.Doom is going to be nigh impossible.

Telekinesis: Duh..Ghost Girl. This is linked to her willpower. So we are going to cap it at... how strong is Spider-Man? Let's take Spider-Man's strength level and cut it in half and that is how strong her telekinesis is.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing an untold tale of the original Crusaders -- maybe something that happened in the 1960s. The characters all had interesting designs -- especially Ghost Girl.
    Her costume was really great! And yeah, making her an actual ghost, or just able to turn intangible (perhaps briefly?) and / or invisible could be neat. (Or something psychic, 'cloud men's minds' to walk unseen, precognition, psychometry, to see images of future threats, or scenes of past tragedies, along with limited other powers like telekinesis limited to about her own physical strength, could be cool.)

Yes, you are correct, especially with the JtR cases, 5 were the "canonical" victims (starting with Polly), but at least 3 more during that same time frame could easily have fit, as well as others before and after that time frame.

I like the story!

Would GG keep her silvery costume? I think it is perfect.
    Much appreciated!

I like GG's costume, with the exception of the chest emblem and belt. It's not my call, but I would probably do something different there if I was on the creative team. (I may post a sketch later on my costume tweaks. Nothing major.) I like the headpiece, feathered hairstyle, gloves and silvery sheen of her outfit.

If Wendy (Maybe short for Gwendolyne?) doesn't keep the Ghost Girl name on account of the new one, The Silver Spectre would be a great rebranding.

Ultimate Member

So Lilli was part of the same orphanage as Flex (plotted son of Wolverine), Radius (son of Unus) and Murmur (daughter of Purple Man).

So who could Lilli's parent(s) have logically been?

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    So Lilli was part of the same orphanage as Flex (plotted son of Wolverine), Radius (son of Unus) and Murmur (daughter of Purple Man).

So who could Lilli's parent(s) have logically been?
    ^^^Kitty Pryde’s?

—dodges thrown brick—