Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Ghost Girl (Wendy Hunt & Lilli Stephens) Appreciation 2023

As both ghost girls only had a few appearances we will combine them together.

Wendy hunt. First--Invaders #14

We find out she is still alive today in captain america but old and not in the best shape.

[IMG][/IMG]

Lilli Stephens. First: Alpha flight vol 2 #2

[IMG][/IMG]

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

I always liked the name, but I thought that they could have done so much more with the original Ghost Girl. They opted for the scientific approach for her powers, but I would have preferred something more supernatural. A "justice from beyond the grave" detective-type character, perhaps. But I guess Marvel already has its fair share of undead avenging spirits running around that it didn't care to bother with one more. Perhaps some day we'll see Marvel create a "Phantom Force" featuring Ghost Girl, Gloom, the Revenant, Jean Lafitte, Mister Zero, Detective Fantôme, Mr. Marquand and Anastasia Contrares. Their ectoplasmic airship, Boo Force One, awaits.
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 09-27-2023 at 03:31 PM.

When I first saw Ghost Girl I (GGI), I thought she might have some or all of these powers: Intangibility, invisibility, super-speed or some type of light power (from her costume look). But she actually had none of these, lol!

I still find her initial appearance visually stunning and even perhaps Spitfire-esque.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

I find both characters and have used them in a couple of my team builds.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I always liked the name, but I thought that they could have done so much more with the original Ghost Girl.
    Do you know anything about her original appearance?

She first appeared in a group called "The Crusaders", and all those members were designed to be counterparts to the DC group The Freedom Fighters.

The members of the Crusaders were given their powers by a guy named "Alfie", who turned out to be an enemy agent. After he was killed, most of them lost their powers (at least in the original story).

At around the same time, over at DC, the group The Freedom Fighters fought a group called "The Crusaders", and those Crusaders were based on . . . The Invaders.

Yeah, it was a fun thing both marvel and dc agreed to do back when they were fine with these things.

https://www.cosmicteams.com/obscure/crusaders.htm

In 1976, both DC and Marvel were printing comic book titles starring Golden Age heroes. Marvel featured the All-Winners in the pages of The Invaders. DC had revived heroes from Quality Comics in the pages of Freedom Fighters. At the same time in publication, each team encountered a band of super-powered adversaries called the "Crusaders." It was no coincidence. Rather, the authors from both companies created these groups as a friendly challenge to each other.

An interesting use of Lilli’s powers.

Goes to show that just because powers are similar on the surface (lots of characters phase), they might work quite differently depending on how the effect is actually achieved.

Meet cute w. fellow BF/AF newbie member Flex.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    As both ghost girls only had a few appearances we will combine them together.

Wendy hunt. First--Invaders #14

We find out she is still alive today in captain america but old and not in the best shape.

Yeah, she had some sort of medical apparatus on her face. To be fair she must be a centenarian. Most of the golden age heroes should now be dead unless they have healing factor or extended longevity in their powerset (like Wolverine and Captain America respectively). Wendy's going to be joining Roger (who died in that Cap run, the reason for Ghost Girl's cameo) in the afterlife soon if she doesn't get some sort of transfusion from someone who does have those powers (as happened to Spitfire).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, she had some sort of medical apparatus on her face. To be fair she must be a centenarian. Most of the golden age heroes should now be dead unless they have healing factor or extended longevity in their powerset (like Wolverine and Captain America respectively). Wendy's going to be joining Roger (who died in that Cap run, the reason for Ghost Girl's cameo) in the afterlife soon if she doesn't get some sort of transfusion from someone who does have those powers (as happened to Spitfire).
    I wonder if Spitfire's blood could do a healing transformation for GG?

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    An interesting use of Lilli’s powers.

Goes to show that just because powers are similar on the surface (lots of characters phase), they might work quite differently depending on how the effect is actually achieved.

Meet cute w. fellow BF/AF newbie member Flex.
    I wish there would be a follow up to her origin. There was supposed to be some connection to Diamond Lil.

I doubt we will ever see her again though.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

It's a shame we can't get another Alpha ongoing so some of these characters can potentially be seen again. Ghost Girl was a fun character with interesting powers in that run and would be nice to see her again.
    William Messner Loebs Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-writ...ource=customer

Peter David Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund

Len Kaminski Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-save-len-kaminski

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I wonder if Spitfire's blood could do a healing transformation for GG?
    Umm, Spitfire got her powers from the transfusion that used Human Torch's "blood", but she was also bitten by the vampire Baron Blood, who happened to be her uncle. Not sure how much that had to do with her regaining her youth when she got a second transfusion from the Human Torch years later.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Umm, Spitfire got her powers from the transfusion that used Human Torch's "blood", but she was also bitten by the vampire Baron Blood, who happened to be her uncle. Not sure how much that had to do with her regaining her youth when she got a second transfusion from the Human Torch years later.
    True, but when Jacqie was sick from the bite of her Uncle Vampire Baron Blood, the Human Torch's Android blood not only healed her and gave her strength back, but also gave her superhuman powers. The second blood transfusion from the same Android Human Torch decades later not only healed her injuries again, made her strong and vital, but revitalized her speed and gave her youth.

So I was thinking perhaps Jacqie's blood would still have the "youth restoring qualities" in it and if another was to receive her blood, perhaps the same would happen?

Also, now that Spitfire herself is a vampire (with repressed urges), she has both catalysts that caused her own transformation, having vampire blood and the Android Human Torch blood within her, so perhaps she could pass those on to another who received her blood, giving them youth and powers?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    True, but when Jacqie was sick from the bite of her Uncle Vampire Baron Blood, the Human Torch's Android blood not only healed her and gave her strength back, but also gave her superhuman powers. The second blood transfusion from the same Android Human Torch decades later not only healed her injuries again, made her strong and vital, but revitalized her speed and gave her youth.

So I was thinking perhaps Jacqie's blood would still have the "youth restoring qualities" in it and if another was to receive her blood, perhaps the same would happen?

Also, now that Spitfire herself is a vampire (with repressed urges), she has both catalysts that caused her own transformation, having vampire blood and the Android Human Torch blood within her, so perhaps she could pass those on to another who received her blood, giving them youth and powers?
    And possibly the vampire stuff, too, which wouldn't be a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    And possibly the vampire stuff, too, which wouldn't be a good thing.
    Yeah, maybe.

Sorry you don't like my ideas.

But I'm just trying to be upbeat. Also to use "comic-science" to help the situation of de-aging GG in a different way.