View Poll Results: Favorite Hellfire Gala

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • 2021: Planet Sized taked over of Mars and Hickman's series finale before Inferno

36 73.47%
  • 2022: Post Inferno - Mutant Immortality is revealed and sets up Judgement Day

4 8.16%
  • 2023: Post Sins of Sinister - Orchis wins in the new dubbed "Mutant Massacre"

9 18.37%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Favorite Hellfire Gala - Why?

We are now in the Fall of X, which was kicked off by likely the third and final Hellfire Gala of this Era. Which was your favorite and why?
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

The first one. I know a lot of people thought the Gala tie-ins disrupted the flow of some books, but I liked the crossovers and we got some really fun stories out of it. And in terms of big reveals, Planet-Sized X-Men hasn't been topped.

The outfits were a lot better overall, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    The first one. I know a lot of people thought the Gala tie-ins disrupted the flow of some books, but I liked the crossovers and we got some really fun stories out of it. And in terms of big reveals, Planet-Sized X-Men hasn't been topped.

Basically what I think. But worded better than I could ever hope.
    I also think that the #1 had the surprise/novelty on its own, being the first one and all. I think that cannot be topped.

The first one. I loved seeing the omegas working together to do something truly monumental. I also liked seeing Arakko come back in a big way, as well as the first time novelty of the mutants having their own Met Gala. I'm always in favor of the X-Men getting a big win, and this one was huge.

First one purely because Lorna won the poll and was finally able to do something that wasn't pigeonholing her as a supporting character for distant satellite books named X-Factor.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Yeah I think the first one was the most important, joyful, and exciting moment, which makes sense.
    The looks where overall better too, mainly because all series artists had to step up to Dauterman's level.

I agree with all of the above. I've been reflecting on the Krakoa era and Planet-Sized is one of the biggest highlights for me. The first gala felt so fresh and exciting. Because all of the books tied into it we got a lot more gala looks too. The cherry on top is the love of my life Rictor had a big moment in the Excalibur tie-in.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I enjoyed all Hellfire Galas so far but the first one felt special and important in how every book had a tie-in issue, plus we had the beautiful Planet-sized one-shot.

But the latest one was probably the one I anticipated the most due to the hype and it didn't disappoint, and Fall of X has been mostly eXcellent so far... so for me it would probably be a tie between 1 and 3.

The first. There was a lot of swag and it was so positive. I'll never forget the image of Emma throwing her arms up and transitioning to the omegas doing their thing. It was like every x-death was being erased before my eyes. Mutants do have a semi safe place now. I mean of course alien invasion and arraki culture but man. They need to start doing baseball or sports with powers arraki vs. Krakoa or mixed teams. I think the arraki would love human sports and see it as a great way to do combat. Lol ora serrera can be ref. Lol

Seeing them written out like that you really see how Krakoa wasn't given a fair shot even if it was suppose to short term. From hope to judgement to dread and death in 3 galas.

Gala should be seasonal annuals. Fall, winter, spring, summer. Each could bring small changes each time.
    Last edited by jwatson; 09-28-2023 at 04:12 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

2023 - It gave Firestar a substantial role.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

2021- Arakko is formed. The Mutankind win and win big.

Rogue is elected as a member of the Xmen- Everything in that gala was Precious. Also Emma costumes, Storm role as regent of sol.

Excelent.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post

IMO people were over dramatic as hell about the tie-ins to the Gala. It was one month of comics and some of them were really fun (that Hellions issue was the first comic to make me laugh out loud), and none of them truly disrupted the books. The marketing was also clear that you didn’t have to pick all the issues up if you weren’t already reading a certain book. And of course when the next Gala came around the same people were still complaining even though they literally got what they wanted and the whole thing was reduced to one issue.

Side note: how is it that we only got one Gala outfit for Storm?!?
    Last edited by Kingdom X; 09-28-2023 at 05:12 AM.

I have to say the third one. Only because I didn't expect Nimrod to crash the party like that. Plus the fall of grace from our mutants all in one swoop. Even though it was a build up before the Gala.
    Rogue saving Chuck at the last minute was so exciting.
    And well I love to see chaos and destruction in books before we get the uplifting, heroic moments from our merry mutants.
    "She never loved you, you know you always frightened her"- Cyclops
    "And if she was here right now....Who do you think she would be more frightened of?"- Wolverine

the third one had this:

so.

As a Gambit fan he at least showed up in the first, no speaking lines though of I remember correctly. Or he might have congratulated Rogue on her win. He wore a basic design by Marcus To. So boring.

Second one he had a great Dauterman design but it was a fake out since he was dead.

Third he probably, most probably, appeared in the background in what looked like bdsm version of his second design. It was small and hard to make sense of.

So first year wins, better design overall for most characters and I still had hope that it would be good. Great Dauterman design for Rogue.