Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Apparently it's Deathstroke spin-off.
    Yeah they’re all goddamn Batman stories. Guess I put this link in the wrong forum lol. Maybe I’ll give the Diggle one a chance, but after that terrible Batman: Fortress book I’m pretty low tolerance when it comes to involving Batman in Superman stuff.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

How dare they call it Green Lantern Dark and not mention a Batman appearance
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Taylor is doing a DKOS sequel (shocking I know)

Whatever keeps him away from the main Superbooks.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Spectacular Member

So, what do y'all want from Superman this year? Like in terms of specific announcements.

Personally, I want some sort of superfam book at least.

Ideally both Kon and Jon would have some sort of book.

And my "its probably never gonna happen" want is for Jon to be de-aged, or for the super-twins to get their own book. Something to fill the void that kid-Jon had.
    Last edited by GhostCryptid13; 10-12-2023 at 11:06 AM.

I want no change, let PKJ/Sandoval and Williamson/Campbell do a long run.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

In regards to the elseworld line, with the mostly Batman titles today I hope they announce some new Super-related series tomorrows at the Super-panel

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel Wars View Post

Seconded on that. Let them have a long epic.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel Wars View Post
    Yep, same here. Also looking forward to a Supergirl book and hopefully more Kenan.

Oh, and maybe “Paige” getting her old name back.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Aside from what others have said, my dream would be a “Superbros” Kenan/Kon team up book by Yang.

https://x.com/aspiringkrypto/status/...487sLx_4UoiJsQ
    Here’s a sneak peek at the two interviews I recorded today…

@PhillipKJohnson & @TomTaylorMade revealed their upcoming plans for the Superman family!

Coming sooon!

And yes, me and Tom are sharing a chair
    Please let Taylor’s plans just be he’s using Jon in Titans and isn’t making a play for anyone else . At least today we will get our answers regarding what is what.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Please let Taylor’s plans just be he’s using Jon in Titans and isn’t making a play for anyone else . At least today we will get our answers regarding what is what.
    What's your problem with Taylor?

I've been liking his in-continuity work in recent years, though I'll admit I didn't read his Superman books as I have no interest in Jon.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Incredible Member

So Taylor has a firm grip on Jon, huh?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post

I've been liking his in-continuity work in recent years, though I'll admit I didn't read his Superman books as I have no interest in Jon.
    For me it’s less of a problem with Taylor himself and moreso how he writes Jon.

Taylor’s Jon has next to no personality besides “super-activist”. He also rarely fights which is dumb because we read Action Comics for ya know, action. He’s basically Clark 2.0 with no real uniqueness of his own, except unlike Clark he doesn’t take action when needed.

Spectacular Member AlligatorSky's Avatar

Panel starts at 10:45 ET right? I’m a little nervous about what’s going to be announced… Really hope PKJ is staying on!

Quote Originally Posted by GhostCryptid13 View Post
    For me it’s less of a problem with Taylor himself and moreso how he writes Jon.

Taylor’s Jon has next to no personality besides “super-activist”. He also rarely fights which is dumb because we read Action Comics for ya know, action. He’s basically Clark 2.0 with no real uniqueness of his own, except unlike Clark he doesn’t take action when needed.
    He also wrote a really ineffective Lex.

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post

Don’t like his work, simple as that. Thought his handling of Jon Kent in particular has tanked the character, making Jon bi was the only good thing he did. Everything else, particularly his handling of Jon’s characterization and his utter failure to build up Jon’s supporting cast/villains roster, has left Jon as a wreck of a character.