Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

NYCC Bar Gossip: DC to Announce a New "Ultimate Universe" From Snyder? https://bleedingcool.com/comics/nycc...-scott-snyder/

I'm tired, I don't understand comics anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    NYCC Bar Gossip: DC to Announce a New "Ultimate Universe" From Snyder? https://bleedingcool.com/comics/nycc...-scott-snyder/
    So another reboot is coming.

Holy ****. I hope this is true! Basically do the New 52 right this time lol. Wouldn’t put it past Snyder to write Batman again, but maybe he’ll do Superman or Wonder Woman? Lord save me if Taylor is on Superman.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

Here comes DCU synergy.
    But I guess it's just the new imprint, they won't reboot the entire line.
    Last edited by Morgoth; 10-13-2023 at 08:47 AM.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

It's going to be DC's "Snyderverse"

Williamson is introducing a “Brainiac Queen” and Superman 10 will start a Western arc that brings back an old Superman Rogue (its 100% Terra-Man).

Looks like Redondo is permanently moving to Superman from Nightwing.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    So another reboot is coming.
    No they describe it like the Ultimate Universe. It would stand alongside the main Earth 0 line without replacing it.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

If this thing kicks off by 2025, I bet it's going to resemble DCU and that's going to their attempt to grab the new audience.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Williamson is introducing a “Brainiac Queen” and Superman 10 will start a Western arc that brings back an old Superman Rogue (its 100% Terra-Man).

Looks like Redondo is permanently moving to Superman from Nightwing.

No they describe it like the Ultimate Universe. It would stand alongside the main Earth 0 line without replacing it.
    They mention that it will use lots of classic continuity, that describes DC's style of rebooting very well.

Spectacular Member

Man I was hoping for a reboot lol

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

An Ultimate Universe isn't really a reboot.

Its just an ongoing AU-verse alongside the main continuity.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Of all people. Jesus. His last several years at DC were a fucking disaster.

At least it's not Johns, I guess? Lol.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

No mention of the Clayton Henry book, so that’s gotta be with Waid. Initially I thought it had to be set in the modern day, but if it’s not Action then I think it will be a World’s Finest: Superman book in a similar vein to the Titans book. Set in the past to let Waid play in the status quo he prefers. Would Waid be involved in Snyder’s Ultimate DC? I’m sure he’d love to do a Superman book where he could kill the Kents lol.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    They mention that it will use lots of classic continuity, that describes DC's style of rebooting very well.
    In the sense of retelling old stories with a modern spin, same way Bendis retold the Clone Saga or Peter wearing the symbiote suit for the first time. It’s not a reboot if it’s set in a different universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    No mention of the Clayton Henry book, so that’s gotta be with Waid. Initially I thought it had to be set in the modern day, but if it’s not Action then I think it will be a World’s Finest: Superman book in a similar vein to the Titans book. Set in the past to let Waid play in the status quo he prefers. Would Waid be involved in Snyder’s Ultimate DC? I’m sure he’d love to do a Superman book where he could kill the Kents lol.

In the sense of retelling old stories with a modern spin, same way Bendis retold the Clone Saga or Peter wearing the symbiote suit for the first time. It’s not a reboot if it’s set in a different universe.
    Do you think that Snyder is going to retell all his stories and stuff like Batman Year One again? Or will he just build the universe around such stories?

Astonishing Member

Batman is actually a really big problem here, because there are dozens stories about his first years, some of which are really essential, and I clearly don't know what else can be told about that.